Eagerly Awaiting Book 9 [SPOILERS!]

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Known type of Combat Professions.
    --> Warrior, Ranger, Rogue, Mage and Bard.
    But can you think of any other possible Combat Professions.
    --> (For Unarmed &/or Chi users) Monk??? (Tamers) Beast Master?? Psionic?
    But what Combat Class for --> Sailors, Crafters, Smiths, Alchemists, ect. Or would they have to wait for a Specialization to get a Combat Class?

Clerics/Priests/ect, most likely aren't a Profession in The Land anymore, at least for know.
    Paladins are but either they have changed a lot from what they were originally or they work for the Originals/Exiles from the Courts rather then Gods. Of course it's likely that they are a Specialization rather then a Profession.
    Richter could become a Chaos Paladin!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  2. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

64%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Except then everyone subverts in the same way (oh, the demons are actually the good guys!!) and it gets super repetitive.

Belgared and Drasius like this.
  3. Mister Bill

64%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Seriously!

Belgared and Drasius like this.
  4. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So I see no news about book9 so probably an update will come in next mo. So even if we are super lucky release is 1 mo later So April.. but most likelly Midyear.. realistically.

Does anyone have an update from discord on progress??

Mister Bill likes this.
  5. Mister Bill

64%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m on the discord. I don’t think I saw anything. I’ll probably ask again this week.

6. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    One of the biggest tropes currently is that everyone is merely misunderstood. I expect to be told that even people who committed monstrous acts willingly, repeatedly and show not even a hint of remorse aren't that bad because of gray nonsense and bad logic.

Its not subversion to have the troll be a merchant or for the humans to be the aggressors. Its a role reversal, but that's something a lot of stories have. Subversion of expectation is that the MC intervenes, kills the troll and then later realized he was in the wrong and faces actual consequences for his actions. That's not what current litrpg is, the MC is almost always in the right due to supernatural foreknowledge of who is in the right and who is in the wrong in any situation they meet.

Subvert reader expectations. Do the unexpected

Maybe the disgustingly obese, pig-eyed, balding priest with two teeth who covers himself in finery, is in truth a man of god who might be deeply flawed, but truly wishes for the betterment of the people below him? Maybe his twisted mirror is the beautiful, kindly orphan matron who entices our hero and claims she desperately needs help to keep the local orphanage running, while in truth she herself took the money given by the local church, while also making a bit on the side selling off the children to slavers and local creepers.

Building a story that subverts expectation isn't that hard. Reversing a common trope is a good starting point.

Mister Bill, Belgared and Drasius like this.
  7. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    When HeMan was Torturing Richter why didn't Richter cancel his permission to See through the Confusion Mists? It might have helped, or at least scuppered HeMans ability to escape the Mists.
    Also couldn't he have called for Futan as well.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
    PokemonThug, AndyJ and Drasius like this.
  8. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He probably could have done that, assuming he wasn't in panic mode. Asking for rational decision making while from someone the hands of a crazed serial killer who has rendered you immobile is a bit much. I'm sure I would be anything but rational.

Richter might come back from death eventually, but who knows how long it will take for him to die? Heman is telling Richter that he is a trained torturer who have cracked people and enjoyed doing. He is effectively torturing Richter psychologically, probably getting a kick out of telling Richter his sick background story so he knows what awaits.

Mister Bill likes this.
  9. Mister Bill

64%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I asked for an update and was referred to the old update from a month ago. So, no news right now, boys.

10. FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman Level 7 (Cutpurse) Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This.... It's always annoying in books watching the MC behave irrationally but fear makes for anything but rational thinking....

When I was a teenager I was cutting down a tree along a fence line and the tree fell over towards me..... And like ever idiot ever, I ran straight away from the tree like a loony-tunes character and JUST missed having it smash me on the head, and probably seriously injure or kill me. I could have just taken two steps to the left or right and been completely fine but in the moment of panic I acted in the second-dumbest way possible.

I've never been more embarrassed in my life... I mean really how many times do you see that happen in a cartoon when your little and say to your self.. "Who would ever do that?" Well... I did.

Drasius, AndyJ and Mister Bill like this.
  11. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I just thought of something, I think that the reason that Xuetrix popped up again was due to him sensing that Richter had reached Level 45, the max level that a Human can get to before hitting their first Threshold, a point that most can't really get past. I suspect that he turned up to harvest Richters Soul then because he didn't think that he would be getting much stronger (Level wise anyway).

Also I am wondering that when Richter tries to steal the Ogres Wand if he might not come across a few more Kobold Coins if he has to break into a vault or treasury? Maybe also come across a few Tier 2 objects to Absorb? Maybe even a few Enchanted Items and Spell Books? Hopefully a Though Magic Spell.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
    Drasius and Mister Bill like this.
  12. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Just listening to where Richter was squeezing through the Scorpions Lair Tunnel and trying to make Crystal from Rocks when I had two idea's.

The first was about how Unarmed Combat Skill increases his Natural Armour amount as he scraped his body in the narrow tunnel, Unarmed Combat Increases his Natural Armour as he Levels it up but he has to fight Unarmed to do so but I'm thinking that like how his Armour Skills largely only increase when his is hit during a fight that if he was to practice Unarmed Combat Unarmoured so that his body gets directly hit more often that his Experience gain & Levelling in Unarmed is likely to happen at a much faster rate.
    That also got me thinking that there may well be a Unarmoured Fighting Sub-Skill in Unarmed Combat that he could eventually learn that would further increase his Natural Armour. And also that there might be a Chi Body Hardening - Cladding Sub-Skill as well, maybe they might be the same thing or separate Sub-Skills?? Also might be a Chi Body Strengthening Sub-Skills as well, one's for Punching, Kicking, HeadButting, ect. Or Special Chi infused attacks like Chi Stun Punch?
    Not to mention it course the Moves and Special Chi&Mana attacks that could be Learned from different Unarmed Technique Styles.
    He could most likely train Unarmed Combat not just by fighting others but by practicing striking Dummies and targets, as long as doing so stresses his body from the power and impact of his punches, kicks, blocks, ect.

The second was about him making Crystal from Rocks, I am thinking that Rocks taken from the Dungeon would most likely be very good material for making Crystal out off, perhaps especially the Blood Marbled Quartz.
    I also an wondering if Richter was to find a especially Mana Filled Rocks filled with extremely large amounts of a specific type of Mana (Elemental?) could he make Elemental Crystals (Water, Life, Dark, Fire, ect, Crystals?). And can be use the create Crystal ability on already existing Crystal to turn it into Condensed Crystal to save himself some time and Mana?

Joe Schmoe and Mister Bill like this.
  13. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The way that Vitality Puppet seems to give the Caster an In-depth understanding of how it's Body is put together and works would I think give a significantly higher chance of Learning Zootonmy after Casting it on one type of creature a time or two and then Butchering one of those creatures, might take a few times and a few careful Dissections and Butcherings but it should give a very high chance of getting Zootonmy.

ShoughtLoud and AndyJ like this.
  14. Mister Bill

64%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He should definitely try to make crystal from any kind of rock. Kind of like Breaking Bad.

15. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    But Preferably without the damage to his Teeth.

Mister Bill likes this.
  16. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    excellent!!!

we need anew thread
    "The Mists"...

disable mist --> enemies go in...
    they are 2km in
    we enable the mists
    capture 10 warrior hit squad.
    question subvert etc.. many profits

how else can the mists be used?

17. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richto makes enemies left and right. 0 diplomacy. Vamps was an accident lol.

Why not try srsly diplomacy with Ogers? Like bring them a few huge beasts.. promise a good fight and meat of a God or Deamon.

Richto has already multiple enemies, Having Ogre allies woukd be nice. And They would communicate well together.. cause bouth dumb.
    Also u can trade, borrow, buy, etc wand.

18. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Has Richter ever asked Shiovana (the shipwright) and her Apprentices what Spells they may have after he got the ability to make Spell Books? I don't that he has! Which means that he has potentially missed out on several potentially useful and interesting Spells considering that they have access to Water, Air and Earth Magic. For that matter he should have asked about what Spells any other minor level Magic Users in the Village might know.

I'm thinking that the Dungeon reward Labyrinth Reliquaries likely gives the Dungeon a chance of Dropping and learning Reliquaries that can normally be found in the Labyrinth before it would normally have access to them.

And he should ask Terrod about Learning his Gather Information Skill, it may prove to be very useful in the future. He should also look into seeing if there is a Investigate Skill as well and also try and Learn that as well.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
    Mister Bill and Drasius like this.
  19. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think it was implied that Randy got the full list of spells.

20. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    When Richter was granting Awakenings he certainly got those people's Spells, whether he (Randy) got a list of everyone else's Spells can't be certain of.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
    Drasius likes this.