WIP Fjorgyn: The Deep Below

Discussion in 'Works in Progress' started by RJ Castiglione, May 16, 2017.

1. RJ Castiglione

RJ Castiglione Level 8 (Thug) LitRPG Author Citizen

2%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Right now, I'm very nearly done with 50% of my first draft for this. Book 1, Fjorgyn: A Rebel Rises was about 60k words with one dungeon (run twice). Book 2 will be between 100-120k words with three dungeons, some consequence, some city building, and some advancement of the series arc.

Tfish10065, Latetide and Paul Bellow like this.
  2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Great ! Feel free to leave snippets, excerpts, or information updates here for your fans.

I went the other way. My first was 110k words, and I think my second is going to be around 80k.

Keep up the great work!

3. RJ Castiglione

2%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Snippet(without giving away spoilers):

Eventually, the decline ceased, and the cold, dry cavern air around us became warm and moist. Darkness also gave way to specks of silver light that expanded as far as we could see. The great chamber was like an endless labyrinth spanning many levels, illuminated by white-burning torches. It looks more like the night sky than it did a cave, and had all the features of an underground city. Still, the lights were not enough for us to see by. I relied only on my night vision.

I turned to Clifford and considered his eyes. His pupils were wide enough to make him look like a bat, although he was still blind, anxious, and comforted only by my tight handhold. I stroked his palm with my thumb in a shallow attempt put him at ease, although I really wanted to reach out to him and flee the way we came.

"These aren't tunnels, Clifford. It's an underground kingdom," I whispered. He nodded his head and passed the message along to Radha and Ash.

"Close you voices!" the goblin leader said. "You mouth only with Klandar!"

Our group became silent. The goblins outnumbered us, twenty more appearing within my field of vision. If we were attacked, only I would be able to defend us. The others would be stabbed and sliced to death by shadows in the black, dying a futile death so deep below the surface. My allies were as confused and as vulnerable as a baby in his mother's womb.

Tfish10065 and Paul Bellow like this.
  4. RJ Castiglione

2%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Update:

Just crossing the 70k mark for word-count. My finish line is 100k, but I think I have enough story to tell to expand beyond that. The final book may be twice as long as book one.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  5. RJ Castiglione

2%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Finished my first draft, self-edits, and off to my editor. Current word count: 105,000.

My goal is to get this published in the 30-60 days.

Paul Bellow and Felicity Weiss like this.
  6. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Congrats! Always good feels. :)