Four Sentences for LitRPG [Help Write a Story]

Discussion in 'Works in Progress' started by Paul Bellow, May 13, 2017.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Basic rules: each person writes the next four sentences of the story. Try not to go more than twice in a row concurrently. I'll start.

Jason opened his eyes in the game world and saw a pink leopard nearby ready to pounce. He glanced down and noticed a basic short sword sheathed at his side.
    "Ain't no pink panther going to take me out again," he mumbled as he drew the newbie weapon.
    The lithe, muscular (yet still pink) creature leaped toward him with a blast of pent-up energy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Participating Authors
    Story Creation Speed: 7/10 -> Fairly Fast
    Rating: PG-13 (R?)
    Word Count: 585
    Sets of Four: 10
    Written Over: 4 days
    Health: 10/10 -> Strong
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UNTITLED LITRPG

pinkleopard_LRG.jpg

Jason opened his eyes in the game world and saw a pink panther nearby, ready to pounce. He glanced down and noticed a basic short sword sheathed at his side.

"Ain't no pink panther going to take me out again," he mumbled as he drew the newbie weapon.

The lithe, muscular (yet still pink) creature leaped toward him with a blast of pent-up energy.

Before he could use his blade, Jason found himself pinned down. Petrified, he looked up into jaws that could crush his skull as easily as he crushed an empty beer can. A long, pink tongue reached out and licked him, covering him in warm slobber.

"Well, that was unexpected," he murmured.

The pink leopard purred then snuggled up on Jason's chest.

"Come on, now," he said, reaching down to pet the beautiful creature's head. "Don't have to get all lovey-dovey on me."

"But you're my master now," the leopard said in a low, rhythmic voice.

Jason's eyes opened as wide as a full moon, shocked that the animal had talked to him.

With a grin, the panther stretched - then kept on stretching. A minute later a woman stood before him, clad in soft pink fur and nothing else. She was stunning rather than beautiful, with a gymnast's muscles hidden beneath sleek curves.

"Looks like you just hit the jackpot, Tiger," she purred.

"I'm more of a liger than a tiger if you know what I mean," Jason said with a smirk.

The beautiful leopard woman tilted her head to the side.

"Huh?" she asked, bewildered.

"I'm just messing with you," Jason said. "I didn't expect you to change like that. Who are you? And, um, why are you naked?"

"You're kidding, right?" She studied him, obviously wondering if she was talking to an idiot.

"How exactly do you expect me to carry my clothes around while I'm in panther form?"

Jason realized that her opinion of him was dropping and unless he thought quickly, she was going to disappear as suddenly as she had appeared, meaning he would miss out on a chance of teaming up with a player obviously more powerful and experienced than he was.

"I'm kidding, of course."

Jason fought to keep his eyes on hers, but they kept lowering as if they had minds of their own.

"You can take a screenshot," she quipped. "It'll last longer."

He watched as she put two fingers in her mouth and loudly whistled.

Behind him, several more panthers appeared out of the darkness, prowling towards him. Jason suddenly realized how lucky he was that he had never made an aggressive move, threatened or insulted this mysterious woman while she'd been testing him.

"We are the Pink Panther Party, or, as we call ourselves, the Trippy Clan - tri-P, get it? So, what's a noob like you doing in our territory?"

"Isn't this the starting area? It must be because I just logged in and this is where I started," Jason stated.

"Starting area? You think you learn to take on another form in the starting Area?" the leopard woman replied.

"You have to be at least Level 80 to enter this area. For crying out loud, this is ridiculous. No wonder you looked so out of place - I thought the White Wolves were trying to set a trap for us! You, sunshine, are lucky we found you first - I don't even want to imagine what would have happened if you ran into the Wolves."

"The White Wolves?" Jason asked.

"I'll tell you about them later," the panther shifter said as she held out her hand. "Name's Piper."

Jason shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you," he said.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    Viergacht, Prax Venter and Floryie like this.
  2. Readsalot

Readsalot Level 13 (Assassin) Citizen

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Before he could use his weapon, Jason found himself pinned down. Petrified, he looked up into jaws that could crush his skull as easily as he crushed an empty beer can. A long, pink tongue reached out and licked him, covering him in warm slobber.
    "Well, that was unexpected," he murmured.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The pink leopard purred then snuggled up against Jason's leg.
    "Come on, now," he said, reaching down to pet the beautiful creature's head. "Don't have to get all lovey-dovey on me."
    "But you're my master now," the leopard said in a low, rhythmic voice.
    Jason's eyes opened as wide as a full moon, shocked that the animal had talked to him.

4. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    With a grin, the panther stretched - then kept on stretching. A minute later a woman stood before him, clad in soft pink fur and nothing else. She was stunning rather than beautiful, with a gymnast's muscles hidden beneath sleek curves.
    "Looks like you just hit the jackpot, Tiger," she purred.

Jason and Paul Bellow like this.
  5. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "I'm more of a liger than a tiger if you know what I mean," Jason said with a smirk.
    The beautiful leopard woman tilted her head to the side.
    "Huh?" she asked, bewildered.
    "I'm just messing with you," Jason said. "I didn't expect you to change like that. Who are you? And, um, why are you naked?"

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  6. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "You're kidding, right?" She studied him, obviously wondering if she was talking to an idiot.
    "How exactly do you expect me to carry my clothes around while I'm in panther form?"
    Jason realised that her opinion of him was dropping and unless he thought quickly, she was going to disappear as suddenly as she had appeared, meaning he would miss out on a chance of teaming up with a player obviously more powerful and experienced than he was.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  7. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "I'm kidding, of course."
    Jason fought to keep his eyes on hers, but they kept lowering as if they had minds of their own.
    "You can take a screenshot," she quipped. "It'll last longer."
    He watched as she put two fingers in her mouth and loudly whistled.

Readsalot likes this.
  8. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Behind him, several more panthers appeared out of the darkness, prowling towards him. Jason suddenly realised how lucky he was that he had never made an aggressive move, threatened or insulted this mysterious woman while she'd been testing him.
    "We are the Pink Panther Party, or, as we call ourselves, the Trippy Clan - tri-P, get it? So, what's a noob like you doing in our territory?"

9. Jenny Haviland

Jenny Haviland Level 5 (Veteran) Citizen

40%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "Isn't this the starting area? It must be because I just logged in and this is where I started" Jason stated.
    "Starting area? You think you learn to take on another form in the starting Area?" the leopard woman replied.

Readsalot and Paul Bellow like this.
  10. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "You have to be at least Level 80 to enter this area. For crying out loud, this is ridiculous. No wonder you looked so out of place - I thought the White Wolves were trying to set a trap for us! You, sunshine, are lucky we found you first - I don't even want to imagine what would have happened if you ran into the Wolves."

Paul Bellow likes this.
  11. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "The White Wolves?" Jason asked.
    "I'll tell you about them later," the panther shifter said as she held out her hand. "Name's Piper."
    Jason shook her hand.
    "Nice to meet you," he said.

12. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "My name is Jason and as you figured out, this is my first time playing Shifting Worlds."
    Piper nodded and looked at him, thoughtfully.
    "Say, Jason, how would you like to earn some Experience Points so you can level up? If you play bait and draw the Wolves out, we can set a trap and kick their asses so hard they will never dare to show their faces in our area again."

13. Jenny Haviland

40%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Jason had to think about that.
    How would this allow him to earn XP? Were they trying to set him up to kill him? Why would they even need to, will the great level difference they could just kill him couldn't they?

14. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Piper seemed to read his thoughts.
    "I'm not going to lie, chances are good you won't survive. But if you group up with us, you'll gain a lot of XP and probably get some feats, allowing you to jump up a few levels. So what do you say?"

Jenny Haviland likes this.
  15. Jenny Haviland

40%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "If I help you get the White Wolves won't they come after me when they res? A few levels is not worth being targeted by a group of high level people' Jason said. "What will you do to protect me long term and what else beside xp will I get out of this? How can I make a rational decision if I dont have all the information."

16. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "Well, sunshine," a deep, gravelly voice replied behind him, "those are all good questions. But to be honest, you're screwed either way. Somehow you ended up in a high-level zone and there's no way you'll make it out of here alive to a zone where you'll be safe. However, if you accept Piper's offer, I guarantee you're going to have some fun!"

17. Jenny Haviland

40%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Jason spun around in fright. He had forgotten there was more than Piper here. "Who are you ? Why is this happening to me?"

18. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A giant lion stood behind him, with golden, glowing eyes and a mane of hair that seemed to shimmer like fire.
    "My name is Ntwadumela, 'He Who Greets With Fire.' I'm the leader of the Golden Lion Clan, here to team up with Piper's Trippy Clan and make those stinking White Wolves sorry they ever stepped foot in our territory!"
    He growled, a deep, rumbling sound that vibrated and made the hair on the back of Jason's neck stand up.

19. Jenny Haviland

40%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "I am willing to do this but I have conditions. If my conditions are met then we can proceed. If not then I am willing to take my chances on however many deaths it will take to get me to a starting area. As far as I can see I have nothing to lose but time" Jason replied trying to sound resolute.

20. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "Ha, a brave young cub!"
    Ntwadumela slapped him on the shoulder with a friendly paw, nearly sending Jason to his knees.
    "All right, little cub, let's hear your demands. What would you like from us, before you go and play the lamb to draw the Wolves out of hiding?"