Gold fever

Discussion in 'The Tavern' started by Tom Gallier, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Wolfgarr

Wolfgarr Level 7 (Cutpurse) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

60%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    And the sheep STILL SLEEP with their heads buried in the sand...............

Paul Bellow likes this.
  2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I blame a lot of it on the media not doing their job. That and our education slipping lower and lower. Don't get me started on "higher eduction" Heh.

Wolfgarr likes this.
  3. Viergacht

Viergacht Thunderdragon LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I just hope society manages to trundle along until I die. At my age I don't want to have to cope without toilet paper, blood pressure medication and fast food. Y'all can go Mad Max once I kick off.

4. Wolfgarr

Wolfgarr Level 7 (Cutpurse) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

60%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Propaganda
    http://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...achine-changed-american-journalism-180963082/

It is not a coincidence that the gold standard was thrown out only a few years later.. Nor the fact that the 16th amendment was enacted around the same time frame. (some say it was no legally passed..Have no opinion on that myself seeing i was no alive at the time to witness the travesty first hand.)

I would like to see a Constitutional law put into place, One that would require media/news/politicians to place their word of honor on what they say/broadcast/write/etc. If it is found the person/organization is spreading false or misleading information than a major fine/ loss of political position would be given. Sadly this will never happen in my opinion. Those who enjoy spreading shit.. (lets me honest..99.9% of what comes out of politicians/media etc is SHIT) will never let something like this pass. Honesty is not something these people even know how to define properly let alone have the decency to practice.

Education..............Yea.. It was a joke when i Graduated.. Even more of a Joke now days. Oh the Science's and Math are covered well enough.. But the history has been so polluted with agenda's and outright revisionist bullshit ..Well mehh

A good definition of political parties in the US. (just focusing on Dems/Rep here)
    Definition =
    Two groups of assholes who want to force the citizens of the country into what they think is the right way to do things. Nether group actually cares what the people they represent want, Both groups will do and say anything to remain in office.
    Dem philosophy = Rob everyone to pay for programs that government has no business being involved in ..Raise taxes on everyone but the poor.. Especially the evil rich people and corps!!!
    Rep philosophy = Rob everyone but the rich, spend billions/trillions on learning how to kill people more efficiently .. Raise Taxes on everyone but corp's and the rich.

The US used to be the Land of the Free, home of the brave.. Today..What i see is anything but freedom and bravery. More like Land of the Regulation and tax, home of the overworked.

I would say..That the last time we had a semblance of real freedom in this country was before 1910-1920

you and me both.. I know for a fact that i would not want to live through it...Given the choice lol

Viergacht likes this.
  5. VRRanger

VRRanger Level 12 (Rogue) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

67%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Washington State, USA
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    wasted a bunch of gold :) Listen kids, stealing doesn't pay :) Stay in school
    [​IMG]

Paul Bellow and Seagrim like this.
  6. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

Paul Bellow likes this.
  7. Tom Gallier

Tom Gallier Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Citizen

19%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes, I learned my lesson the hard way. Lost a bundle trying to steal from someone. My inner thief has be locked in chains and throw into the dungeon.

Viergacht likes this.
  8. Avatar

Avatar Level 7 (Cutpurse) Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

36%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There is a 10% fee for stealing from my marks