Greetings!~

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Asakust, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Asakust

Asakust Level 9 (Burgler) Citizen Aspiring Writer

40%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hello Everyone! Please call me Asakust! I've been hooked on the LitRPG Genre ever since I took that free Audible trial two months ago, to listen to Jonathan Yen read Vasily Mahanenko's Survival Quest... to which I listened to a second time; before buying the next book.

As a big fan of Anime, Manga, Light Novels and the VRMMORPG Theme that has become quite common since Sword Art Online came out. I was quite surprised to find that a genre was created to define it in western literature (Yes, I've been too focused on stuff that came from Japan).

I was (technically still am) a fanfiction writer... out of love for a certain Anime titles and as practice for writing. Uh... there's no need to look for those stuff... Please don't look for them. :rolleyes:

I'm trying to write my own story. Although it's been difficult with the work, traffic, procrastinating, games, procrastinating, anime, procrastinating, books or stories to read, and did I mention the procrastinating?

I found this forum via youtube after watching the LitRPG podcast.

2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome! Good to have you here. :)

Matthew James likes this.
  3. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We've got a good subforum for Aspiring Writers. Let me know if you're interested.

4. Crowbaits

Crowbaits Level 9 (Burgler) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    England - not New - the old one across the pond
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hello, nice to meet you.

Matthew James and Paul Bellow like this.
  5. Felicity Weiss

Felicity Weiss Musey Muse Muse Shop Owner Citizen

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Oregon
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    O hai there :) Did Ramon mention this forum? I swear I've watched every single ep and don't recall him saying anything.

Matthew James and Paul Bellow like this.
  6. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't recall it either Felicity. Hello yo our new friend, fresh meat, I mean new members are always welcome here.

7. WildAzazel

WildAzazel Death's TP Supplier LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

7%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Birmingham, AL
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hey and welcome to the forum. You'll fit right in... or we'll shove you through the star slot :)

8. Asakust

40%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh yes, I am!
    No, actually after the podcast, one of the Litrpg forum videos came on the list of suggested videos.
    Thank you!

9. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    To get into the Aspiring Writer secret hideout (if you haven't already), purchase the Used Typewriter in the general store!

https://litrpgforum.com/dbtech-shop/

10. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hello. Now, color me curious, if you're shy over the stories, which anime titles do you do Fanfic for? I've never really been too happy with the title "fanfic" and the stigmata that goes with it. Some of the writers of the past got their start in their literary careers by writing what used to be called pastiche fiction. Poul Anderson, L. Sprague de Camp, Lin Carter, Robert Jordan and Harry Turtledove, to name a few, all have done time writing Conan pastiche fiction.

Maybe a dividing line between the two would be, how respectful is the writer to the source material and how serious do they take the writing. Not all Fanfic is bad and really doesn't deserve the negative attitude that comes with the term.

11. Asakust

40%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh, I'm not really shy about writing them, I did write them out of love for the anime after all. More like they're rather unpolished and some (I actually mean most) are even unfinished... that's what I'm shy about.

I started to focus with Strawberry Panic (A Lesbian High School), then Infinite Stratos (A Sci-fi High School), then Campione (A God Slaying High Schooler)... Japan loves the High School setting okay?

(Edit since I'm finally home and with a computer: I did a bit with other anime like Familiar of Zero, Fate Stay Night, Kampfer, White Knight Chronicles, High School DxD and I'm a little ashamed to say that I had a Naruto. Some of these weren't entirely Fanfiction, as I sometimes liked mixing animes together into a Crossover.)

I personally haven't experienced any negativity towards fanfiction (except for flames or harsh critics), but I've read of rumors about it.

I agree that every good fanfic respects the original work and the original author.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    Seagrim likes this.
  12. Eden Redd

Eden Redd Sexy Witch Monster (Queen of Sexy LitRPG ) LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen

65%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome to the forum! :) You'll fit in just fine. :D

13. Asakust

40%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks! :D

14. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Infinite Stratos, Familiar of Zero, and High School DxD I know them. Surprised you didn't tackle High school of the Dead.

I try to watch an episode of something every week.

15. Asakust

40%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh, I think I had drafted one or had put down some ideas... it's probably in some back up USB drive... somewhere...:confused: (~procrastination.)

I usually keep up with at least 2 title's a season... It doesn't help with the writing, I should save and binge watch.

16. Ian Mitchell

Ian Mitchell Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome, Asakust. Pretty much all of my video these days is anime on Crunchyroll. To some degree, I think my exposure to all that anime and manga strongly affects the way I interact with fiction now and my expectations I have about the books I read.

17. Laendrea

Laendrea Level 8 (Thug) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

22%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome :)

18. Asakust

40%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks!~:D

I imagine books and stories I read as an anime in my head by default, although sometimes when the book has it's own art it prevents me from doing so.
    Thanks!~:D

Ian Mitchell and Matthew James like this.
  19. Matthew James

Matthew James Blind Beholder Beta Reader Citizen

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome aboard, given the state of the genre currently, some high school level drama is probably inevitable!

Eden Redd, Asakust and Paul Bellow like this.
  20. Asakust

40%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks!~ Haha. Coincidentally, the last book I read had a drama at a high school.:D

Crowbaits, Cadwe, Eden Redd and 2 others like this.