Grimmwood Brings Multiplayer Survival Strategy to Steam

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Paul Bellow, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In Grimmwood, you and 39 other players must band together to create a sustainable village and survive a harsh fantasy world. Gameplay works out in what’s described as rogue-lite RPG style, along with strategy elements like scouting the area and survival aspects like managing food, water and materials.

The full release of Grimmwood has also added some new features beyond the game’s May open beta build, such as a Blitz Mode which modifies the game to operate with nine players and a number of fixes and improvements overall.

More details about Grimmwood can be found on Steam, which also happens to be offering a 10% discount for the game until August 9. There’s also a trailer showcasing the game in action below.

Grimmwood Brings Multiplayer Survival Strategy to Steam - MMOGames.com

C.E. Keene and Jay like this.
  2. Jay

Jay Hiatus. LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I like the concept, but I'm a fan of dark fantasy stuff like that. The Witcher is one of my favourite series and this seems to have a somewhat similar feel, but instead you're just a villager instead of a Witcher whose well-trained to handle all the crazy.

The design looks cool, although I'd probably wait for a couple of updates before trying it. Those 1.0 releases are always kind of buggy and rough.