Growing the Dungeon

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by PokemonThug, Aug 31, 2021.

1. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter was not really growing it except:
    a. Two human sacrifices
    b. Lucky donation of Labyrynths beasts
    c. litch going all the heavy lifting by sacking hundreds of undead and multiple sprite defenders..

So litch should actually get a bonus for growing the dungeon..

Now how could we have grown it?
    1. Bring beasts to kill there, argo a dear/bager/wolf... all hunters should try to either drag their still alive beasts to kill in the dungeon or u know lead them there
    2. Sacking all the goblin traitors, still if some guy is not gonna snitch, then some other dude will so its a really thin line not to cross.
    3. Precise hunts by Richters crew to bring really good beasts in. He did none of that.
    4. Buy/Trade with sprites/kindr/other tribes for caged beasts..
    5. Beast attraction scroll
    6. 1liter of blood by every citizen(will recover super fast with all the bufs this is not irl) also healthy to lose some blood. +- 1000 liters of blood another level-> another legendary bonus.. actually mlre if we add the kindr and sprites... if they want to train there
    7. use traps with meat to lead beasts to the dungeon
    8. Bugbear camp raid for some new "dungeon miners"!
    9. Tame, Tame, Tame
    10. Snort some red crystal and Tame some more
    I mean Richter has done nothing besides some minimal execution of those two idiots.

So how woul you grow your dungeon? Deathmatch arena? fightclub? butchery?...

2. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    1) No.Its much to risky to move an injured predator, you just don't. Kill it and bring an end to its misery. Same with guiding them to the Dungeon, which I take to mean induce them into hunting you or lure them with meat. A wolf or a bear is a dangerous creature (let alone a big monster lured by the bait), and its not worth the cost of this blowing up even once.

2) Bad choice. When in doubt, take the high road. Acting on a what-if worst case scenario isn't reasonable. Those were som regular scrubs who saw nothing of consequence. Letting them run incurred no extra risk.

3) Same as one, predators and monsters are too dangerous to play around with.

4) Sion tried to kill Richter over what human poachers did. The sprites have very strong feelings on people coming into the forest to capture creatures to sell. I highly doubt they would sell animals to Richter.

5) Way too expensive.

6) Aleron is a doctor. He knows what loosing blood means.

7) Same as one

8) Maybe?

9-10) Could work, a lot of work for Richter though.

I'd grow the Dungeon the way adventurers are meant to power up their Dungeons. By entering the Labyrinth and forging Node Roads. Each node reached means more passive manaflow.

3. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    How grow dungeon? This is the main topic.

14. open a portal to somewhere in the dungeon.. lead bunch of monsters back. Just like with centerpedes

Legend-Dairy-Reader likes this.
  4. Legend-Dairy-Reader

Legend-Dairy-Reader Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He doesn’t need living animals, just putting carcasses in there should suffice.

The blood donation idea has floated around a bit, I don’t mind it, but it might be a little too granular or unsettling for AK to incorporate into the series.

I like @Dragon’s idea of exploring the labyrinth, or @PokemonThug’s luring idea either by running them there or by use of portal. The labyrinth seems like the most feasible if Richter’s group is strong enough to survive it even with Hisako/Yoshi.

PokemonThug likes this.
  5. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The best ways of getting long term Growth for the Dungeon are -->
    A) Feeding & Strengthening its Motivations, especially getting Powerful & Rare (or better) Blood, and of course finding ways to Awaken different Magics in it. Also see if there it had other Motivations and strengthen those as well.
    B) Find ways of either Creating or having the Dungeon Create/Form different Rooms inside of it to gain new Effects, Boosts and Loot/Rewards.
    C) Look for unusual, rare and useful Resources to Sacrifice to the Dungeon so that it can ReCreate them inside of itself, things like - Animals&Beasts, Minerals, Herbs&Plants and of course Equipment.
    D) Have more Dungeon Entrances and Nodes appear so that Expendable and Disposable Adventurers from other places can enter (and die in) the Dungeon, also Would be a way for more Beasts to enter and possibly be Absorbed and Learnt by the Dungeon, the same for equipment and other Resources carried by them.
    E) Place the Fairy Mushroom Ring Portal in the Dungeon, maybe with a Small safe area nearby with a path that goes towards the Bastion for Sentient beings to use and another path for Fairy Beasts to take that leads deeper into the Dungeon?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    PokemonThug, Drasius and Mister Bill like this.
  6. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes. This could be made to work. Teleportation traps are useful.

Should also be fairly far down the tech tree though.

7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Its a roll of the die. As long as you play fair and don't use exploits, I imagine the Labyrinth plays fair.

I also imagine it having zones. I know it hasn't been explained either way, but I imagine each node at the heart of a small territory that shifts position over time.

8. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You have to Admin that @Dragon wants only the best for the dungeon, just like a Rols Roys ... Sure go get some beasts from the realm where even Gods die. Going big is a right way.

Still handed with a total squad including Randy and Hisako, Mauler was being handled more or lessss ok. Its just that Hisako underestimated the labirhnth boss and got tangled in her active spell. Debuffing might have worked much better.

So all in all if we are hunting just some chupacabras its a good deal. And dead bodies can be brought back for the dungeon.

Also now the strike force will be much stronger with Richter evolved and new Golum(1/3) to help.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  9. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Could Ricther use dungeon transport on the unwilling?

If not, might we see Ricther jump on the back of a beast and cast it on them both? I can see a problem with trying to cast dungeon transport on the unwilling. Although if Ricther were in physical contact it could make a difference. I really would like to see a book with labyrinth dives. I think teams should be deployed to lead labyrinth creatures back as close as they could get to the dungeon. Setting traps for them and dragging them into the dungeon would be a great way to add more powerful beast to his dungeon.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  10. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Debuffing unfortunately seems a tad outside the Hearth Mother's wheelhouse. 2 of her 3 magics are more "cleanse type" traditionally. Earth her earth magic might have some good debuffs but at the same time she has wasted at least one of her many spell slots on "herbs you eat have no effect for 12 hours". Couple that with her seemingly "plant style" focus (little F, not talking about her profession) I doubt she has much in the way of Debuffing enemies on either the singular or mass scale. Also in the two battles we have seen her actually participate in she hasn't really touched debuffs of the enemy if I remember correctly.

11. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Debuffing Spells I would think would mostly be more common in Dark, Death and Water Magic, while Life and Light would have them they are probably rarer and may well be more individual targeted rather then Mass or AoE, and Earth would mostly involve one's that effect the environment to debuff people, at least at lower levels/ranks. But I could very well be wrong.

PokemonThug likes this.
  12. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wondebrah!

13. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Valid points, still she is a +- 350 yo hard working mage and POP owner... Plus multiple generations of wisdom passed through her.

She has to have a ton of spell's, she knew that binding, active-binding spell was a mistake.. As for debuffing, maybe some sticky mud(earth), light for closing vision field, something...
    Not sure how much dmg could she do to that monster.. probably not enough by a big amount, but a few illusions..

On the other hand the paralysis technique she chose allowed for Richter to Stab his longsword into the head of the Mauler taking of like 1/3 of total healt. So it was a leathal killing strike if Richter has a few more levels and abilities with swords.
    F.E. say we travel into labyrinth and meet Maulers brother seeking Vengeance. Hisako paralyses the Maulers Bro, Richter stabs his sword through the skull.. Easy kill of a lvl 100 Mauler by a lvl 45 Richter and ~+-lvl 55 Hisako.
    So it might very well work next time. Maybe even help to capture a few living Mauler type beasts and tame/train them.

14. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So few are here of us Exiles, so few.. and these ideas are good, because single line of thinking makes you stuck in our point of view without progression. I expect more of us appear here after book 9.

1. No more dangerous than a Labyrinth dive. Also we have a ton of trapping equipment stuff from paralysis potions/arrows to spells... Use Mist workers to drag the beasts. Its not us vs wounded bear its Richto and his army vs Bear. Its superhumans with superpowers and super equipment vs beasts. Danger is everywhere. If Dungoen weak we die to the Bugbears or any other threat. If can't bring in bring in a dead body.

2. I'm talking about the 12 dudes killed by Alma, drained by alma. Like wtf.. srsly Randy and Richter could have done the dungeon sacking themselves. But instead of that we had a "humain" drone strike?

3. Not as dangerous as the labyrinth where even Gods die.

4. Poatchers also kill children and torture animals, we have nothing in common. We go out to kill dangerous beasts yes? Spiders/Bears/Agggro Diers.. Why would scion care weather we drag creatures dead or in cages, we will kill them either way. there is no logic here.

5. It was copied 9 times, plus original so we have 10, also bonus from the dungeon leveling is way more expensive than some random 100gp scroll. Don't use it lose it.

6. AK tried to make a break from his work here, probably thats why its not discussed also what kind of book would this be? Hey now everyone sack your blood for the bloodthirsty dungeon lol...

7. same as 1. I was more thinking of having a big piece of bloody meat above the dungeon sands/ vines/ shores... maybe leave a bood trail to the dungoen. Richter can literally jog every day for 15 min 5 km to the forest throw some blood and run back to the dungeon sands..

15. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hmm a massive giant fish like net -> lots of creatures.. now still how do you sacrifice them while they are still alive?!

16. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Living things taken by the dungeon would offer up spirit and soul magic. So if they aren’t better utilized by the village I say let the dungeon have it.

17. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Like how you would anything else, you either drop/pore them down the Font (the better option) or just dump them into the Dungeon. Dumping them into the Bones or Sands would probably work as well.

Drasius and Captain BlackJack like this.
  18. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dungeon has something called "siren rock"... Also not sure how to transport a 650 pound shark to the dungeon sacrificial hole/plate. Still Richter could do it..

19. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I like your last idea a lot. Make the ring portal somewhere that beasts can wander around it (and maybe get a fae affinity or something) and anything that comes out has to battle the dungeon. Then the safe room nearby with a node so you can hope into the ring and go on a crazy adventure.

20. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s what an entrance does. The Dungeon entrance is a one way trap for creatures, monsters, and beast. The portal at the entrance allows them in but will not allow them out. It’s like a roach motel.

Mister Bill likes this.