Growing the Dungeon

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by PokemonThug, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

59%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, hard no to the mausoleum.

Drasius likes this.
  2. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We can build the mausoaleum in The kindr hamlet where undead are being spawned either way.. also lvl 1 building should not have any bonuses to inhibition magic.. esp if its lvl 0.

Its temporary! Why u no love undead?!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
  3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Because they are disgusting rotting corpses.

Pretty sure we'd all piss ourselves if we saw one.

Drasius likes this.
  4. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Why would you make a temporary core building anyway? You already know the land isn’t going to let richter power level his skills by reusing a magic core, their is going to be a mechanic to stop that kind of abuse. Probably a long cool down, you will also lose any and all effort that went into level it, even unintentional effort.

5. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Poor Beyan getting no help while Richto is getting super OP, I want other characters to get some love too.

6. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A lot of characters levelling with Richter. His companions all gain his quest exp. For Terrod especially that means several personal levels.

Beyan is a side character, a tiny, tiny fish. He might get a couple undead pets at best.

Drasius likes this.
  7. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

24%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would agree he is a small fish in a big world created by AK. I just don’t know how small a fish he is. He is one of Ricthers original dungeon party members. He also created a key ingredient used in opening the portal to The Lichs realm. I know he wasn’t given authority over the Sepulcher but he is getting sent to see what he can learn there. I also expect him to make some type of important discovery there. Although Aleron could leave it a dead end for him like he has so many other quest. Personally I expect Beyan to play a large role with the sepulcher functionality and the defense of the village.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  8. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That sounds likely.

I think he is a small fish because he currently isn't on the inside track to companionship, at least I don't think so. Krom for example has a path to the inner circle and relevance as more than a minor character.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    Drasius and Andrew Lynas like this.
  9. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    ? His pet had connection to the eldritch allowing it to activate the litch's telport bone, but that wasn't beyan's making/ doing, just plot/ koinky dink

10. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

24%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Okay, I will go along with that. Aleron could have written around Beyans Pet. He could have used something else but he didn’t. As he wrote the story Beyans pet the decaemur knight was key to opening the portal. Don’t get me wrong Beyan isn’t a Hearth Mother, Krom, or Elora. Even so his story has been told, and he has been added to several parties. Beyan is also the only magic user of his type at the moment. I could name a whole lot of other characters that I would call minor characters before him. Personally I would just place him in the middle as a normal character.

If Beyan hadn’t reanimated the Decaemur knight they wouldn’t have had him there to be part of the spell.

11. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If they kept the body, he could have just used his own summon undead spell to activate the bone

His body was already a body of death so it shouldn't have degraded beyond use in the only half year Richter has been in the land