Growing the Dungeon

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by PokemonThug, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I totally agree! I believe that there was some type of reference about it just might be able to make ______ creature. I’m listening to Predators again now. I will listen close and repost it.

2. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    With Ricther earning a master node we know his dungeon is becoming a crossroad in the node road system. What two dungeons will be the first to connect with the dungeon of bloody chaos?

If it connects to a dungeon in a major settlement does it get a bonus for the dungeon and the settlement?

What if it’s also a place of power?

Drasius likes this.
  3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not really. The imp is a force of chaos and unpredictability. I expect he will start being more of an antagonist now that Richter has offended him by fighting to defend his own soul.

4. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Drow owned Dungeon in the city of Alyhelone 2287 miles north of Richter's pop, somewhere below the Wilds. The adventurer immidiately pops a portal inside Richter's Dungeon, allowing an army of Drow to flood the Dungeon and destroy the Dungeon's resistance. Richter is called to war but gets beaten up along with his entire team by regular drow number 239, level 85 tier 3, 502 years old. Below average combat power for grunts.

5. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "Dungeons are for adventure not war"

I think AK made a big mistake when undead army invaded and it was like >200 strong attack force so it should have gotten massive debufs... unless their assault was very gradual and big numbers of them were dying, and new units were coming in. Maybe its a time pressing matter too. One thing is war. Another is quick relocation. Portal -> dungeon exit...

Love the idea of James Bond ship entrance, cool place to hide the ship or even a ship cave under the waterfall. With mist workers/building points this would cost nothing.

also its pretty cool how dynamic the dungeon is:
    Dungeon levels now 1-6(And spawns new rooms when has enough points)
    Dungeon Nodes -> travel to like diff dungeons level maybe?
    Master node -> travel to a different dungeon all together
    labyrinth -> wooowhhhhaa
    tier 3 Portal lol -> and now traveling into the dungeon is possible form 3000 miles away...
    Fey Portal -> another dimension...
    Chaos -> on some holes will open into places

and now we have basic 6 entrances in the MV are to the dungeon too...so if there is another dudgeon in MV are one of the entrances can be placed in another dudgeon.

Mister Bill likes this.
  6. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good point about debuffs but I don’t think the invading mauler and goatsuckers from the labyrinth had any, either. Plus it wasn’t exactly an invasion. Kinda.

7. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m sure the Lichs forces would have had a debuff.

Mister Bill and Drasius like this.
  8. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter called the Dungeon to war though, so counterattack could be fair by the Labyrinths reckoning.

9. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I mean, it wasn’t a war against the labyrinth. And it was allowed by whatever rules through the system.

10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Pretty sure those rules are the labyrinths, not the universes.

Richter used a call to war. You don't get to send an army of monsters out and then say "Hey, no war allowed" then the opponent fights back.

Captain BlackJack and Drasius like this.
  11. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    1. How many quickening fruit will it take to awaken the celestial dungeon? He gets 800 fruit a year while the tree is level 2. And with 4 pixie births per year plus super fast growth of his village the quickening should level pretty rapidly.

2. He made a major goblin tribe his enemy. I could see him ending up with another blood stone to sac to the dungeon in the future after trouncing a goblin/bugbear army

3. No other obvious use for his rock giant core right now. Might as well sac it and see what happens.

4. Blood essence seems like another obvious thing to try feeding the dungeon in the future.

5. Labrynth monsters are going to be heading in there on the reg now. At level 14 with 200% higher dungeon point production now that all 4 powers are unlocked.. its gonna be like an all you can eat labrynth beast buffet in there.

6. The master node was supposed to increase dungeon growth significantly in addition to bringing in more node roads. The god node should take it to the next level.

Honestly, with points 5 and 6, i think the real question is how can richter and roswan make the dungeon deadly enough to handle all of the OP traffic its about to get? He needs to sac some tier 2 beasts and start dumping celestial fruit down that well asap. Roswan needs to start cranking out deadly rooms asap. Armory, poisioners den, lairs for the strongest new beast templates from the litch battle.
    Probably a second barbican near the labrynth entrance. (Which would be great experience building for the guards killing labrynth beasts with siege artillery as soon as the step into the dungeon.)

Mister Bill likes this.
  12. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Heres another good one:

Feed quickening fruit to the skaths. Should boost his skills and give him more powerful pets at the same time. Once they become celestial he could either:

1. Sac a celestial skath egg to the dungeon. Roswan would cream his pants.
    However, there may be a backlash/cost to sacrificing an innocent celestial creature in this way. I probably wouldnt risk it.

2. When one skath eventually dies in battle, drop the body down the well.

Drasius and Mister Bill like this.
  13. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There’s no way the tree will level super quickly IMO. It’s a completely rare, higher realm entity. Faster than most anywhere else? Absolutely. Especially with the new caravan of people arriving and maybe even some dwarven mercs, too.

The blood stone is nearly as rare as the tree. I very much doubt that another will show up. It was probably the only one for that gigantic tribe.

He definitely should feed blood essence to the dungeon. For sure. Will help it get even more deadly. It should have started after he did those huge spells in there to tame the big beastie.

I hope the dungeon can defend against those incoming monsters. It probably will. Would be hilarious if the dungeon does a call to defend and that’s how he gets back home.

Who knows what the god node will do. It’s exciting!

AndyJ likes this.
  14. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don’t know about the fruits to non-sapients. And with the new caravan of people coming he likely won’t ever have too many fruits, especially with the alchemical products that can be made of ‘em.

15. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Fair point, but i still think celestial skaths for a new river peninsula burgeoning empire seems worth the cost. Especially since the celestial benefits get passed down to offspring.

Mister Bill likes this.
  16. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I hope/suspect that the God Node will connect the Dungeon to wherever The Land's God's went to and he'll be able to bring a god to his village. Maybe it will use that temple he found by the Kobold's territory.

17. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Unfortunately I have doubts about that. It seem to me that other gods would have already set up shop in the land if that were possible. I think what ever it is that banished the gods is also blocking anything with a divine core from entering the land at all.
    I figure one of richters future quests will be to undo that banishment. The rune on the corpse in the second power quest makes me think the mist village is sitting on one of the keys to that quest. The valley of lost apostates or something like that.

celestial skath would be formidable and definitely worth investing in when the tree grows larger. Have to invest in those villagers first. He is only getting 200 at a time atm and around a thousand villagers. I expect that after a rather large time skip the mist empire will mostly be celestial. I also think that as the tree grows it’s presence alone with start altering the other plant life in the area, accelerating the process.

Mister Bill likes this.
  18. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think the god node will allow richters dungeon to connect to dungeons of higher planes and hellscapes/demon realm dungeons. Probably to telos and earth as well, but i would be surprised if it lets any gods come back to the land just by itself.

Drasius, AndyJ and Mister Bill like this.
  19. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Youre probably right but i feel like hes just walking around with like 70 of those things in his bag. If he gets back to the village in time, I'd like to see him use several of the fruits to absorb the higher tier energy and get a celestial body enhancement.

Drasius and Mister Bill like this.
  20. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The bag is with Sion, though.

Drasius likes this.