Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (no spoilers?)

Discussion in 'TV and Movies' started by Paul Bellow, May 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I haven't seen it yet, should I?

Brother said it was okay, but he didn't seem enthused as he was about the first one?

2. lordnova

lordnova Level 10 (Filcher) Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

90%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Mountain States
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I haven't seen it yet either. I plan on going Sunday.

My gaming group have all seen it, and loved it. We usually have similar tastes in movies so I have no doubts it's going to be awesome.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. Jason

Jason Troll Lord Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Eh.. I'll wait for it to come out on demand. The cast is weak... B movie actors at best and it showed in the acting in the first movie.

Pop quiz. How many of the actors bought their way onto the silver screen with Mommy/Daddy's name? Of those, how many were supposed to be moving from the United States with the results of the election and haven't kept their word?

4. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah I only go to theater if I know it's gonna be special - i.e. Rogue One. You shoulda seen the reaction of all the kids with the robot and others started dying. Heh.

I so wanted to see Legend of Conan / King Conan made, but it looks like it's not coming out? The new Planet of the Apes might be theater worthy. We shall see.

Jason likes this.
  5. Jason

Jason Troll Lord Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Rogue one was probably the best addition to the Starwars Franchise since the originals. The prequels were so lame.. and the mess that Disney made is laughable. Planet of the apes looks promising. I enjoy movies in the theater. There are very few I'll just opt to see on DVD.. or HBO. I'll probably be conned into going to Guardians with the GF and her kids..... smh.. I'm a sucker....

Paul Bellow likes this.
  6. gtvManager

gtvManager Level 3 (Apprentice) Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Aw man, I loved Force Awakens, but I was in the mood for it. Rogue One really tugged at the heartstrings from the start!

Saw Guardians Vol. 2 at a Thursday preview and liked it a lot. It made me laugh, and was surprisingly emotional from the halfway mark, onwards. I have to be honest. The first one did not do much for me. My friends raved about it, but I am a Captain America fan over all the others. Was it worth it on the big screen, plus my gigantic popcorn and soda? I'd say if you're looking at it for just a fun factor, yes. If you're seeking an intellectual sequel that builds upon the first one in any meaningful way with characters who develop...not so much.

They must be selling a crap ton of toys.

Paul Bellow and Jason like this.
  7. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My wife and I have to wait for it to come out, then we'll pick it up on Vudu. Since her eye operation, she hasn't been able to deal with movies. With the modern love of the shaky cam and quick edit cuts, I've not been able to really enjoy a movie on the huge screen anymore. My vision just really isn't up to dealing with it.

We both are fine watching it on our Hdtv at home, but, those big screens are out.

8. James G Patton

James G Patton Horrific Pun Master LitRPG Author Citizen

81%
    xp:
    Zone:
    CST
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It was ok, not nearly as good as the first one. Groot scenes were great. It's not that it was a bad movie, because I did laugh a lot, but it was not really all that memorable either. My son liked it a lot, but it was like they catered it to a younger crowd giving more humor and action rather than having a deep story.

9. Cadwe

Cadwe Arrogant cheeky Dragon Lord Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

4%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Paris (France)
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    yeah, i found it ok, but the first one was better. It feels this one was more kids oriented and made to make goodies

10. SoapyWeasel

SoapyWeasel Level 8 (Thug) Beta Reader Citizen

2%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I really enjoyed it, laughed more at the 2nd than 1st but then my kids are constantly telling me I've a childish sense of humour ;)

Paul Bellow likes this.