Have your impulse ebook buys increased?

Discussion in 'The Tavern' started by Katastrophe, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Katastrophe

Katastrophe Level 9 (Burgler) LitRPG Author Fantasy Author Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I've noticed my one-click, impulse buys of ebooks has increased since the pandemic meant more time spent at home. My reading time has increased as well, but not enough to justify buying as many new books as I have been.

Of course, it might also be influenced by the fact that I actually have a little bit of money now even though my work schedule has been wonky**; our emergency benefit has been helpful for times when I don't have work, and leaving the house apparently sucked up a lot more of my funds than I realized.

Anyway, today I was heading to work but then I injured myself by slipping on a rainy patch outside, so instead of working today and tomorrow I'm holed up at home nursing a bruised tailbone and...I impulse bought like 9 books on Kindle.

Hopefully I'll be able to actually read them, haha.

**essential worker at the hospital, but our town has no cases yet so it's been 10x slower than before. that will change.

2. D.B. Goodin

D.B. Goodin Level 8 (Thug) Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They have definitely increased during the start of the pandemic and I’ve problem doubled that since the beginning of last year. I usually read two books a week, but I’m buying at least double that so I will have some books in the bank! ;-)

3. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They absolutely did when I first started reading the genre a couple of years ago.

4. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Level 11 (Thief) LitRPG Author Citizen

88%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Actually, my book buying has remained pretty steady over the past several years. Only so much time to read, so I tend to keep my TBR pile consistently at about 5 books in waiting. (Plus, I do tend to re-read books that I really enjoyed).

Mister Bill likes this.
  5. Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Other direction
    I want to find actually decent novels I can trust first