Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by cosmicinfluence, May 24, 2017.

1. cosmicinfluence

cosmicinfluence Level 4 (Warrior) Citizen

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hi there, good people!

My name is Mitch. I'm terrible at introductions and great at procrastinating.

My tastes vary, and often make no sense, but the details that arise through conversation create a context that slowly becomes comprehensible.

I am new to the LitRPG genre, and have been entertained since day 1. Already being a long time fan of most things Sci-Fi/Fantasy in all mediums, and a avid gamer (8bit, 16bit, 32bit, 64bit, NextGens, PC, Pad & Pencil, cards, dice (maybe not so much the cards, but it has happened), and LARPs, starting to read LitRPG felt just like another link in the chain.

My enjoyment in writing dates back with everything else I have already mentioned. My childhood habits do not die easy. The bravery to let someone, anyone, read my work without there being a grade involved, not as strong-willed. Recently, I have become more comfortable with what I am writing on a personal level, and ready to start thinking as a author, rather than thinking as someone that writes sometimes. In that readiness, I searched for forums and communities that I might feel comfortable in, and that search quickly brought me here.

Hope that is an okay intro. Looking forward to new conversations!

Jason and WildAzazel like this.
  2. WildAzazel

WildAzazel Death's TP Supplier LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

7%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Birmingham, AL
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome to the community fellow larper and writer. :) What do you larp? I do Vampire the Masquerade. Used to be part of the Camarilla but there were alot of political bs going on in our group and just didn't care for it. Quitting it was one of the most solid decisions I made and haven't looked back. Pretty much the entire group migrated back to a troupe game within a year without the handful that ruined the game for us.

What all have you read so far in the LitRPG genre and what is your favorite? What are you currently reading?

Felicity Weiss likes this.
  3. Jason

Jason Troll Lord Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Bit long winded ain't he.. :eek::rolleyes:

4. WildAzazel

WildAzazel Death's TP Supplier LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

7%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Birmingham, AL
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You talking bout me or the n00b? Don't make me pull out my face/ass displacement lazer rifle. I'll pin a "shot in the ass" badge on you so fast, you'll swear Farva done broke wind meow!

5. Jason

Jason Troll Lord Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    After reading that diatribe.... maybe both... :rolleyes:

WildAzazel likes this.
  6. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome aboard, @cosmicinfluence . If you buy a Used Typewriter in the General Store, you can join us in the Aspiring Writers forum. Sounds like you'll fit in just fine.

7. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    @cosmicinfluence Greetings. Nice to see another Grognard arrive.

Out of curiosity, would picking up a Goth/Wiccan count as Vampire Larping?

WildAzazel likes this.
  8. WildAzazel

7%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Birmingham, AL
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    lmao I don't think so. Unless you had a the stats you were playing written down. I mean, the potential for getting busted metagaming is there with possibly severe consequences for both character and player.