hey just kinda wanted to put this out there

Discussion in 'The Tavern' started by Nadernad, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Nadernad

Nadernad guy who reads litrpg instead of sleeping Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

76%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Human's Land of Oaks
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm gay.

jk lol actually wanted to say that my main source of litrpg is kindleunlimited it really pisses me off when I read a great book and then the sequel is not ku.
    Once I bought a book and then a few days after finishing it it came out on ku. made me really mad.

2. Nadernad

Nadernad guy who reads litrpg instead of sleeping Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

76%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Human's Land of Oaks
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    yknow as i read over my post im questioning past me's logic. like why did I post this again? Oh well.

3. Windfall

Windfall Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I feel your pain...

4. TravisBach

TravisBach Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Citizen

71%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, I've been caught by this one. Book 1 was in KU and book 2,3,4,5 were $7.99 each.

Ahh, but I liked the books a ton so I bought them anyway. I tell myself that this was no different than an author using perma-free on their first book for series growth. I wouldn't have expected the whole series to be free in that case.

5. nightwriter

nightwriter Level 9 (Burgler) Citizen

74%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What would be the advantage of putting the series starter on KU and not the rest of the series? If it does anything, it antagonizes the audience, doesn't it?

Maybe putting series starter for free (so that you can have more freedom offering it for free on different platforms) and rest on KU would be better?

In my country KU is not even a thing, so I have to get anything at the unit price.

6. TravisBach

TravisBach Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Citizen

71%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Theoretically, KU is like perma-free but you still get paid. Albeit by a smaller group of readers, but also a typically more voracious group as well.

But the feelings of being suckered by a KU book 1 and full-price book X are not to be waved away. I don't think people have the same feelings if book 1 is just free and the rest cost money. Perhaps cause we're paying for KU? Maybe it's like if episode 1 was on Netflix but then you had to buy the next 11 eps for $49.99 online. I think we can all agree that that would be a crap set up. So how is leading with KU different? IDK if it is.

7. Nadernad

76%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Human's Land of Oaks
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Probably should have stirred my mocha now there’s like a pound of chocolate in there. Oh well. Thanks for like actually thinking about this, as I failed to do. Whatever