How will the Imp screw with Richter?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by PokemonThug, Feb 14, 2021.

1. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We all know at this point that Imp wants ill for Richter. But how can the Imp with his centuries of experience screwing everyone.. really stick it to Richter?

The quest I believe says that reward is a "Instant transportation to the village".

Obviously Richter could be dropped into the lake, on the treetop of the quickening, edge of his domain, behind the walls.
    But in any case he has cloud-running and Dungeon Transport spell.. so how will the Imp screw with Richter? on the way back and in the quest?

Mister Bill likes this.
  2. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Instant could refer to time it takes Richter to receive the transportation method, not necessarily the time it takes to transport him to the village? Like if he dies that's instant, but it would take him a while to respawn there. Alternately it could be something like Richter clears the area because bloody chaos mage people don't attract a ton of favorable looks, turns out it is a level of the catacombs, and Xeutrix appears to him right before he gets the prompt/ crosses one of the Leyline portal boundaries and tells him to just continue doing his shit, technically allowing instant transport to his village.

It's the quest steps, I think, that are gonna get him. Obviously everyone picked up on the fact that it didn't say to give it to Scooter at the end, but it did have a numeral in the quest name (imp)lying future steps to completion. Given that Xeutrix can just teleport and show up places/ near Richter regardless that Richter has a necklace of scry defense that only fails against god level/rarity scrying, means that either:
    a)X doesn't want it for himself. (cursed wand to f**k with richter/ no real interest/ just doing it to f**k with some other being and Richter got caught up in it)
    b) There are some debilitatingly powerful wards/ rules in place that prevent him from grabbing it himself, which will require Richter to escape (warded area) or perform some sort of ritual to give it to X (rules).

I think (b) is likely to be more difficult than getting to it in the first place somehow. Don't believe we've seen a quest yet where part 2 was as easy or easier than part 1.

I don't think Richter will come out worse for wear from this quest, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if he comes out better than even.

Mister Bill, PokemonThug and Johan like this.
  3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    c) He is still being paid to do a job. Turning Richter into his puppet would simply make it easier.

x) That is if he wasn't planning to stop as long as Richter agreed to all sorts of bullshit.

We don't know enough about his objectives to tell. It could even be a corruption situation.

Basically

"Of course I could do it." Reaches out to pull a lever, thereby polluting the town's water supply. "I need to make him do it. That's what makes it evil." Might be paraphrasing that a lot, its been a while since I watched the show.

For all we know the Imp wants to force Richter into a situation where he will be doing something outright evil. Worst case scenario, the ogre lord is a good guy and the wand is critical for the short-term survival off the underground city. Richter now has the choice between sacrificing an entire city or giving up on the quest.

Mister Bill and ShoughtLoud like this.
  4. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It is hard to predict. It does probably have something to do with the multi-part nature of the quest, that the imp will try to get Richter with.

PokemonThug and Mister Bill like this.
  5. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    maybe the favour logic allows for someone to find the debtor?! kinda doubt imp has God lvl magics.. still would be interesting to find this out, how did imp track Richto?!
    maybe imp is tracking an object that Richto carries..

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    Johan likes this.
  6. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In this case god-level seems to refer to rarity rather than power or level. So the imp could have a level 1 god rarity spell that allows him to bypass Richter's protection.

Though I think its a demon ability. Can't have debtors hiding from hell.

7. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If deamon can find u. You must be able to hide too:
    • Nexus realm
    • Dungeon?(living in it like Roswan might be hardcore but possible)
    • Labirynth?
    • Fey land portal? Prob Imp will be able to follow maybe

Johan likes this.
  8. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Great idea, I would liked liked Richter to have gotten the two week rule, but for prompts no time has passed. The imp is just waiting there for two weeks like wtf. This would keep the need to stay live for a week via curse; couple days left in the adventurer bonus; dungeon has been gaining points the whole time. lol oh well.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  9. Anthav

Anthav Level 6 (Footpad) Exiles Citizen

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah I was surprised there wasn't a time limit on the quest either. I'd throw my vote into the idea X can find him due to the favor idea or since it appears X was hired by the lords of chaos they definitely have god-tier abilities at their disposal they could lend to their underlings.

I think the imp is trying to screw Richter because the Ogre lord could be a demon ally ( devil vs demon war is a common theme in fantasy settings ) and if he's able to hurt the lord it's a win and if Richter fails the imp gets a nice windfall of xp for himself possibly pushing himself to Tier 3? Or the wand traps creatures/souls and it could be used to release one of the Imps powerful family members trapped inside.

I already mentioned in the book 9 thread what I thought would happen in regards to the quest and hope that I'm at least partially on point with how it'll play out.

darkenedstar and Mister Bill like this.
  10. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richto can trade the wand for MV alliance/ ench weapons/ stuff for the Ogre King, And the intel that Imp is his enemy. Buy the wand, we have a shit ton of crystals and Dungeon for training, plus portal tech etc...
    Want is pretty much worthless to us. few potions of luck should do the trick.
    Brain Richto brain...

If no deal can be made then sure, yolo it again

11. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Or he could offer to awaken any of the 4 magics he knows in a set amount of people the ogre chooses.

PokemonThug likes this.
  12. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    good point, magic books too, just scribe a few different school spells lol for the son of the Ogre King... I bet here is a way to screw with the Imp, return a damaged wand like 0.35/300 durability. this is still the wand.

Mister Bill likes this.
  13. TWW101

TWW101 Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Assuming it is a quest chain and getting home is the final reward for the chain, the second quest could be:
    Deliver the wand to Xetrix in the dark court.
    Deliver the wand to Xetrix in one hour.
    Or some other way that he can't complete.

14. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Or the Universe will give him a Quest to get the Wand Back from Xetrix?

15. Anthav

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The quest only says to steal the wand hopefully Richter is smart enough to read that, having learned from his experience with shinecatcher, and not give the wand up to the imp for nothing if it is something the imp desires and he steals it. Not sure how Part II of the quest will be laid out but since he gets back to the village he'll hopefully also just say no to the second part of the chain and not dance to the imp's tune. Since stealing it is part of the quest completion not sure if making a deal with the ogre lord for the wand would qualify as a success???

Mister Bill likes this.
  16. Anthav

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I suppose one way to screw with Richter if he does succeed in the quest would be to transport him, but not his equipment / sloth / etc... to the village. Since he has a bag of holding now and will be in a treasury I know I'd be stuffing my bag full of anything valuable I could get my hands on before finishing the quest. Richter thinks he struck it big and instead flops down naked as the day he was born in front of the village gates....right when mama's caravan is arriving so the new villagers get a proper first impression of their new lord!

17. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You have been offered a Quest:
    Deal with the Devil I

• Xuetrix desires a wand of magical power.
      • It is known as the Wand of Rotush,
      • it is held by the ogre lord, Nureuk.
    • You will be given a magical beacon that interacts with your Traveler’s Map
      • will show you the general location of the underground city of Omru.
      • make your way to the stronghold
    • acquire the wand from Nureuk’s treasury.
    If you accept this Quest, Xuetrix will release you from your Favor.
    Success Conditions: Steal the Wand of Rotush
    Rewards: Instant transport back to the Mist Village
    Penalty for failure of Quest: Loss of all of your accumulated XP
    Penalty for refusal of Quest: Immediate resumption of the Battle of Wills
    Do you accept? Yes or No

Pretty much this depends on what is a Quest? is this a quest? Or Quest = Quest Chain?
    Ok, so how do you know/assume that this is a quest chain? What gives?
    for me it seems pretty basic get a wand, quest is done. The proceed to get a favour from imp.. and then steal his soul! easy

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  18. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah but he did not accept the chain only the first part, or the quest to get back home.

19. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Say we fail the Imp's quest on purpose!
    We will resume the battle of wills.

Not sure if we will resume at the same state or a new state compared to the last end state of the battle of wills. But what seems to be the case is that if u get stronger at any time, the power is adjusted for the battle.
    So we first Level our Tier 2 => 2 more times, That is killing like 10 more worms for tier 2 lvl 1 and like 20-30 worms for tier 2 lvl 2! for double bonus during 25 day Tier lvl'ing quest. However if we manage to get our hands on some undead tier 2 bodies.. not even living undead. We can reach even Tier2 lvl 3 with just 10-20 bodies. Due to undead affinity.

Secondly we get our hands on a potion of Luck and pump all the lvl(if we level points into luck), get any gear that pumps luck like rings, bracelets, hats etc.. fortification potions, Boom our cumulative score from tier 2 lvl 2 and a massive bonus luck is more or equal to Xitirx power. WE now pwned Imp and he owns us a favour or something.

20. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid: