If you were Richter, what would you enchant?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Mister Bill, Feb 28, 2023.

1. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Let’s say you were Richter (but, you know, back at the village) and had his resources available. What would you do?

PokemonThug likes this.
  2. Legend-Dairy-Reader

Legend-Dairy-Reader Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Interesting discussion topic! I imagine enchanting won’t be super high on the priority list upon his return, but I’d suggest the following:

Firstly, he’s creating a society heavily dependent on its military might, so morale is a key component for success. I would suggest honoring the fallen, but also uplifting certain members who stood out (like the professionals) to create war heroes to inspire his people. One way of doing this is by giving them unique enchanted equipment to showcase not only their victory, but his appreciation as a leader and the rewards for high performance.

Next, given the recent destruction of his armor, he could decide to reuse his sprite armor, but he may want to add a few additional pieces to his set to keep up with his newfound level and power, maybe replace some of his weaker rings?

Lastly, I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts a golem division or works towards a department solely designed to create them (again, militaristic society).

Mister Bill likes this.
  3. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oooh, good choices. And I’d go for the golems, too (after maybe completing some quests).

4. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Definitely a golem made from elementum. With the benefit of focus potions and mana potions to reach a much higher tier than sloth.

Then maybe a set of armor. If there is a movement penalty reduction for medium armor as its leveled, id go with that instead of light. He should be able to level it up fast with the benefit of his new bloodline, all he has to do is throw on the armor, trigger a few minutes of boosted defense points, then wade through a river of dungeon monsters, or have some guards beat on him in the barracks.

Also maybe a dual enchanted bow with multi shot and lvl 2 weak aided flight(would take some time to unlock, but probably not that much with almas help). Those two enchantme ts should be universally helpful.

Next, something for sapir. I like the idea of a blow dart gun.

Lastly, he needs to learn how to craft and enchant wands to really power up his village forces. He has so many spells he could enchant them with..

Mister Bill likes this.
  5. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I forgot a big one. He really should churn out a bunch of expansive quivers for himself and all the meidon archers. Then keep mass producing powerful enchanted arrows. Its really his villages greatest millitary asset at the moment.

Itd also be really sweet if he could reliably produce malleable iron through the dungeon and maybe even the cauldron.. Iron is abundant in his lands after all, although malleable iron probably wont benefit from that fact when it comes to a conversion ratio. Who knows! It would make fantastic armor for his casters though, especially enchanted versions. If i was him, i'd start asking the traders to get more black onyx for krom to add to the malleable armor to help the casters stay out of sight. This armor type would also be great for alma and the meidon pixies.

I like the idea of him making special weapons/gifts for the war heroes a lot. It seems like hes already on track for that with truesilver weapons.

AndyJ and Mister Bill like this.
  6. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good thinking on all of those. I like the quivers idea although I’d say more cheap enchanted arrows or a few very good ones would be best. He doesn’t want to run out of that enchanting ingredient he has to get imported, after all.
    I like the idea of the dungeon making that iron, though, for sure. I doubt he could change his mines, though.

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  7. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Mr. Bill is not just a player, but a real P.I.M.P. Respect!

Great Q to be certain let me think.

Mister Bill likes this.
  8. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ha!

9. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Open the portal to Lich domain. Send in a few mist workers/rats etc/ tamed creates.... if they come back then go in and...
    Dig out Maulers body(worm, dwarfs, intuition(dungeon séance), my argument here is that there was not a lot of stuff left to fall on top of mauler because Richto and Mauler were the last two to fall.. probably most of the columns are still standing. ), get the dungeons reliquaries, for a Dungeon super boss it should be a Lot, also It may have killed the Devastator so it is even stronger now(soul energy lvl+++)
    Place maulers skull on the city hall. Try to dig out Litched body too.. put lich stull/head on the hall wall too, he had to be a mortal enemy by that point. His rings should be super valuable and rare + any storage item like pouch of holding etc

Build mana well, marketplace, ship, etc...

Train whole village to be a fighting force everybody a lvl 5 at crossbows, and dependently spears shields swords/axes. EVERYBODY. no exceptions everybody is a dungeoneer at least to a basic fighter lvl. A bots with poison is mostly unstoppable force.

Organize a raid against the bugbears take out their reserves of food/poison it, steal their gold, burn the camp... not necessarily kill too many of them. Vamps owe us a favor.

Mister Bill likes this.
  10. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He’ll have a ton of people joining soon so I think it would be fine to have a number of noncombatants (who don’t go into the dungeon). Probably good to have basic crossbow skills for everyone, though. That I like.
    He’d likely get a better result from a few very good adventurers than a bunch of folks with lvl 5 in crossbows, even if those would still help a bit.

PokemonThug likes this.
  11. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Main idea is that everybody fights like in Sparta. And next time bugbears attack and infiltrate the village our loses would be less.

However you are correct a group of high level adventures would most def bring greater rewards for the dungeon then just some low level guys, still having every villager become an adventurer ad at least reach +5 levels would greatly boost the village strength and would really get a ton of benefits form the Dungeon bonuses.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
    Mister Bill likes this.
  12. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I did forget about the bonuses, for sure.

PokemonThug likes this.
  13. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So many things we could do here, still we have to look into priorities!!!

What is the most important thing hehe?! I'd like to look at our enemies and what are they doing!?

Bugbears... Dark/Light Courts... Chaos seeds...

so maybe doing some recruitment pitches for chaos seeds in the peninsula would bring a lots of vassals to us?!

Mister Bill likes this.
  14. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Set of teleportation manacles. Put a longrange one-way teleport to a set location on them. Make them activate if damaged or interfered with. Enable remote activation.

We have most of that's needed for the one-way teleport already as technology. Not quite possible yet, but it should be eventuel.

Then you soulbind it with a high enough bond-level that it will follow a chaos seed through death.

When you place the end point over a grinder of some sort or similar.

Mister Bill likes this.
  15. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh, I didn’t see where you were going with that, haha. Probably better to put it at the lowest level of the dungeon, instead.

16. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Nice thing is that Richto will receive exp when heman opens the cubby portal unless hes super lucky

Mister Bill likes this.