Intergalactic Wizard Scout Chronicles, Book 1 Wizard Defiant

Discussion in 'Sci-Fi & Fantasy Books' started by Tim VOWELS, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Tim VOWELS

Tim VOWELS Level 5 (Veteran) Citizen

90%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wzard scouts are the elite, deep-recon forces of the Intergalactic Empire. They are a mix of technology and magic-like abilities.

Richard has been given a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to become one of these legendary soldiers. All he has to do is make it through the Wizard Scout Academy. But with a TAC officer who hates his guts, will he even be allowed to graduate? To make matters worse, the Empire has been attacked and soon finds itself in a major war. With heavy losses in the wizard scout corps, even the Academy cadets are starting to look good to the Empire's High Command.

Just when Richard thinks things can't get any worse, he is suddenly sent by "the One" to help a beautiful elf priestess fight a demon and its army of undead. Wizard scouts may be the best of the best, but Richard is still a cadet in training. Will his skills and technology be enough to overcome dragons, demons, trolls, ghouls, and various undead from his worst nightmare? With only the aid of his battle computer, Nickelo, and the magic of an elf priestess, will his wizard scout abilities be enough to turn the tide?

With the fate of two galaxies riding in the balance, Richard is honor bound to do his best in spite of the odds. The question is, will his best be good enough?

Author: Rodney Hartman
    Great series, A new spin on magic.. Loved them all..

2. Tom Gallier

Tom Gallier Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Citizen

19%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sounds interesting.

3. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I read the series, or at least most of it. I dropped it though - it was kinda "meh" for me, what with all the Deus Ex Machinegunners constantly providing fire support to the cast of Mary Sues and Marty Stus. That is, if memory serves, anyway.

4. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This sounds hilarious. Makes me wanna watch Time Bandits.

CheshirePhoenix likes this.