Is it possible to view previous generated content from others?

Discussion in 'LitRPG Adventures' started by Daza99, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Daza99

Daza99 Level 4 (Warrior) Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ie. You click on, creatures, town etc and have a choice to start generating or view previous generations.
    This would save time and also cost (as each generation does cost money right- which is the same for Ai Dungeon). Also we could copy and paste into our word pad a mixture of descriptions we like from different ones to combine them.

At present we spend 1 credit on a generation whether we are happy with or not, there is no chance to reroll (Ai Dungeon has a number of free re-rolls for the paid subscription) . I would like to see an option to re-roll a specific portion eg. History. Where the description is fine but you want to generate the history again. etc.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes, we have a library! It's still a work in progress too!

Please login

The problem with re-rolls is that it's costing between $0.06 to $0.08 per generation because they're so high quality and long, and I'm charging $0.10/credit. That said, if you report something and let me know, I'll give you credits to make up for any you don't like. I didn't make it automatic in case the service blows up and people tried spamming the feature to get free generations, etc.

Right now, we've got over 4,000 pieces of content, I believe. I need to do a count soon. The Library needs a LOT of work too - like pagination for the results and a keyword search and dropdown for sort order, etc. Ideas appreciated...

3. Daza99

Daza99 Level 4 (Warrior) Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks for the link to Community Library, I must be blind lol.

However in My Creations i cannot see an option to view my Creatures. It has Character Backstory and Quests (i am not sure if i have generated any of those yet. Ive tried Cities and Creature so far).

Do note in Community Library: Creatures, I choose Underground and the search button text has a typo "Find Craetures"

Paul Bellow likes this.
  4. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, I stopped work on My Creations. I'm making about $65/month currently which just about covers the AI usage, so I had to take a bit of a break to keep food on the table. That said, I've got a few books coming out, and I might need a break from writing myself, so I'm looking forward to getting back to the Workshop ... and eventually the LitRPG Adventures game!

Nice find on the typo! If you run out of credits, let me know, and I'll throw you some more. I appreciate the feedback and want to make the tool more useful. I'm also working on a WORLD ORIGIN STORY generator and a NAME generator that might be free - ie no credits to generate names. We'll see how it goes.

I'll try to bump up completing My Creations and fleshing out the Library search features. The idea was to have a second tier (more expensive) that wouldn't be shared with the rest of the community.

Sorry about the timeouts for the big categories. I'll try to get the pagination set-up this weekend. It shouldn't be too hard. I just need to find a bit of dedicated time.

Thanks again.

[​IMG]