Know Thy Enemy

Discussion in 'All Things LitRPG' started by Dawn Chapman, May 15, 2017.

1. Dawn Chapman

Dawn Chapman Level 11 (Thief) LitRPG Author Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hey guys,

Most know me from facebook and the discord chat. Here's my co-written SciFi piece. I'm posting on RRL for now, but we're aiming to publish in October, so not sure how much more I'll get up. :)

It's a planned series, the first being a little more planet side than the others. With it being co-written it's a great fun and I'm enjoying the heck out of the world-building and more.

https://royalroadl.com/fiction/10869

Know Thy Enemy

Trapped in a broken body, Pierce earns the right to enter the hottest new game. Following his warrior instincts, he’s determined to annihilate the enemy - whoever it may be.

With the hopes of winning the ultimate prize - respect of his peers and protection for his brother, Drayk joins the Guild in the fight of his life, not realising what’s truly at stake.

To save New Ararat, they commit to the quest. Yet, when the planets residents aren’t all they seem, enemies become friends and must fight together.

The great Jeff Hays, read some of the chapters out on his SBTL over the last few weeks, you can check it out on the society facebook group and then his twitch -

26 mins in - https://www.facebook.com/groups/LitRPGsociety/permalink/1264306973667561/

23 mins in - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/136107764

Jason and Paul Bellow like this.
  2. Michael_Chatfield

Michael_Chatfield Level 4 (Warrior) LitRPG Author Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well I'm excited! :D Question, the Guild he joins is it just called the Guild?

3. Dawn Chapman

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No it's not, it's Hygon's Guild, but because he doesn't actually join, he flunks, it kinda seems irrelevant, I will eventually rewrite the blurb, hehe, they're the worst things to work on.

4. Michael_Chatfield

Michael_Chatfield Level 4 (Warrior) LitRPG Author Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh yeah, I write them at the end now and only do minimal re-writes, hooks, emotional pulls ethos pathos. Get's gah damn crazy!

Jason, WildAzazel and Paul Bellow like this.
  5. Dawn Chapman

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm at 82.400 words today, with my co-writer working on his next chapters. I'm thinking this might run a bit longer than I thought... so wondering where might be a good point to stop... or not. Oh well, been sprinting with MC above, he's been awesome in keeping me motivated.
    This book will be finished (first draft on the latter half) by the end of June!

Paul Bellow likes this.