Kobold trade

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Dragon, Mar 31, 2020.

1. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He needs to figure out how to upgrade his rooms to the next level, 10% is cool but it's not enough for the vault.

Johan likes this.
  2. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They could also learn Underground Farming Methods from the Kobolds, both Agricultural Methods of Flora (Fungi's, Mosses, Undeground Herbs, ect) and Fauna (Underground Reared Domesticated Farmstock, (good, labour and material stock), ect). Plus they may very well have their own special or even unique Crafting Methods, both Cultural and Racial. And then there's their Trap Knowledge and Skills, be underfoot Warfare, Hunting, Protecting Valuables and potentially Teaching the Dungeon God to Form Traps(?).

3. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Underground herbs sounds profitable. I don't trust anything they consider edible. I've seen how they eat! Definitely could benefit from their crafting methods, trap creation, and maybe even racial buildings that the MV could benefit from.

I wonder if Roswan can upgrade existing rooms with DP's in the same way that Richter can upgrade core buildings with AP's

4. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    what rooms.. tough week brain @4%..

5. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    kinda doubt they will have a lot of herbs maybe some shrooms? moss.. rare herbs..

also we want to trade mokey mugs its gonna be great export ware.

[​IMG]

6. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Multi chamber treasure vault?

7. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It will be years until he needs one?
    Admit it now there are only few items of interest to Richter, Luck potion, Elementum, chaos shards...
    Else can be placed as gold silver copper coin piles..
    And if it comes to it expansion should be less expensive than creation of the room.. also you can always move valuables from vault to other places.. like element um ingots potions of luck, use chaos shards..
    Good idea later on though.

I see this now as the wish for a library when we have what 15 books? its like half of a shelf.. I mean.. passions is good.
    Get me 1k books we will build a library.. heck get me 500 books first! that at least 3 shelf's.. lol

8. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He has one already. I was originally referring to how he needs to upgrade it so that instead of his current maximum tax rate of 10% he can get larger taxes (20-30% then eventually 50% of all loot drops) without having to police the entrance(s) like they do in Law.

PokemonThug and Johan like this.
  9. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    shit is tat possible?! I means sure.. do it lol

10. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No but its a nice supply of coinage. They are putting guards at the entrances, probably going to take another 40% off the top. Then there is the tax on approved stores that is also passed on to adventurers. They would be lucky to get a third of the value of their loot under the system Randy outlined. If they also have to pay guild dues, well not much left.

11. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, I just meant the more he can take upfront the less will get by/ the less men they need to expend to guard said entrances, especially considering there will be multiple entrances now. Guilds can figure their own shit out if the crown can snag 50% before they even leave the loot ball spot, then it's just an issue of cataloging their income.

They also don't have the magical detector law has, nor a ton of high level.. Appraisers? Rogues for seeing past attempts at hiding things? Whichever

12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    True. But he would still need men to check whether they are bringing contraband into or out of the dungeon (noderoads lead everywhere). Otherwise it would be ideal for smuggling and illicit deals. Crime is coming to Gotham and Richter needs to stomp it out.

PokemonThug and ShoughtLoud like this.
  13. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am sure it won't be long before the list of auto-confiscated items will grow. And it won't be long before his collection of books grows too. He told Abbas to bring back all the books he could lay his hands on, and I would be shocked if Mamma and Tamitu aren't each bringing their own collections of books as well. And if Adventurers find their way to the village through the labyrinth, then they will have a node rode back to another city/dungeon, and could be recruited to retrieve books from potentially far away countries.

14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    One type of drop I expect to see, is some form of singleuse elemental affinity shards. The rarest of drops that can make diving into the same Dungeon for the thousandth time worth it. Likely limited to the elements the Dungeon has. Those would be part of my list for autoconfiscation. The prices they could bring in on an auction...

Cire122 and ShoughtLoud like this.
  15. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Crystal, have too much, books, prepared food, high lvl chef should be able to make very valuable food. Mugs! Rings of health, even minimal ones of +10hp would be very valuable for the little ones hehe...
    Sure we don't have much, except for crystal, we have too much of that one. if we run out, just pump another luminous soul stone into it lol.

16. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It depends weather we want to sell the best weapons or not to the kobolds.. also with gained levels smiths should be able to make weapons faster.. especially if they are making avg quality copper weapons.. plus we could even sell enchanted ones.. if they are weak, basically at some point we want to have prob 120% armour & weapons for the MV citizens + guests.. but the rest can be easily traded away...
    Not sure why we just dont have like 800 spears? spearhead is a simple thing +-. and wooden shaft is easy to make too.

17. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Profession , specialization, items and maybe some special mushroom that adds 15 to int 10 to wisd and 5 to luck.. Maybe staff too.. still 6300 is pretty high..

18. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ok say I enter in through a some old dungeon entrance in Rione, find a node, jump to the dungeon of Yes.. go to Labyrinth.. come to our dungeon... collect stuff.. leave through a node or Labyrinth.. How will you be taxed then? maybe a 10% vault fee.. maybe. This is a huge risk. Still possible to avoid the tax'es it seems.

19. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    And these will start to drop for the first time when real numbers of adventurers will hit the dungeon. We need thousands of adventurers to get those rare and super rare drops! And until they will happen we won't know what to confiscate, maybe with Roswans help...

20. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They don’t have 800 people they want to send to war. They’d rather have good equipment for those they’re sending.