Labyrinth World

Discussion in 'Not The Land' started by Johan, Feb 15, 2020.

1. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    And way too close to X-mass to be wasting money, any money. Got a few kids that require a pile of preferably obnoxious gifts to play with at their homes there parents faces are usually priceless.

2. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    1 patreon chapter is fluff.. except from "cut the bitch" and "cursed so creatively that the Devil himself would be surprised" not much has happened.
    Comma my dudes!
    buy the patreon chapter ACCESS and post those juice secret pages for us the chosen ones here!!

3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ehh its not that juicy. XDXD

One significant detail thus far is confirmation that the Labyrinth goes beyond the Land which I think we all knew. Still now we have confirmation. Apart from that the Labyrinth can consume entire swaths of worlds at a time, turning them into Labyrinth Worlds, connected to it by Dungeons.

As for the plot, its essentially a giant battle royale. For now its limited to tier 0 godlings, of which there will be exactly 7,777,777. Once Telos (main world, but its connected to a lattice of worlds that will provide challenges and opportuniities for the gods) advances far enough another 777.777 tier one gods will join them and so forth.

Ohh and we have definite confirmation that someone is sponsoring certain earthlings, hence Remy has a bit off a leg up on the competition. Which means unlike most, he is being guided into choosing the tribe (all gods have one) that is right for him rather than the strongest or most vicious tribe.

This will be great.

Belgared likes this.
  4. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Presumably when they get high enough just Seven Tier 7 Gods will join.

Wonder if it's the same Entity that is seemingly also Helping Richtor.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  5. Belgared

Belgared Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I feel like its almost never worth paying for aleron's patreaon. I remember when book 8 was coming out and he only released like 3 or 4 chapters on patreaon.

6. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It sorta was back when it 3 or 5 dollars and you could expect around 5 chapters before release. Just for that month though. Now? No not worth it at all.

Belgared likes this.
  7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    well he has released 5 chapters till this point. Not sure what is happening exactly.

8. Belgared

Belgared Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Would you say it would be worth spending the money on those chapters?

9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    With 6 days to release, no.

10. TWW101

TWW101 Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The first 2 chapters are on Facebook now too.

11. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wonder if Richter will ever come across a God/Cleric Cultivation Book in The Land? Assuming there's many left that is.

So Richter and Remy/Zero are related. Wonder how long before they discover that each other is still alive and what they are doing, possibility of Richter becoming a Follower/Cleric of Remy/Zero some time in the future?

12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Remy is spirit made flesh and we now know gods fade if they don't have enough faith points to sustain themselves which sounds like a spirit thing. I think Richter may well have to give up his body to use such a manual.

13. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not necessarily, that would be true if he was trying to become a God(/or similar Spirit based Entity), but it also said that the Cultivation Book/Manual was also for the use of the Clerics of God's, which should mean that Richter could Learn a Cultivation Skill but wouldn't get much use out of it without a God(/or Greater Demon, Spirit, Elemental, Exile, Court, ect) to Follow. Although it is still possible that he might still get some type of benefit from have and Knowing a Cultivation Skill even if he doesn't have an Entity to Follow?
    Perhaps Richter could use it in conjunction with the Chaos Lords, but I suspect probably not somehow, but I could be wrong(?). Maybe be of some use in the future, say if The Lands Gods can get back in touch with The Land or if Remy/Zero and Richter ever bump into each other some time in the future, probably via Exploring the Labyrinth(?).

Wonder if any of The Lands banished Gods might turn up in Telos in an attempt to strengthen themselves again, maybe a certain Lady of Luck(?).

Also I've just had a thought, it was mentioned that a Bolt/Beam of a Massive Amount of Higher Energy struck Earth and that caused it to become connected to and become a Labyrinth World, I'm thinking that that Higher Energy was a Beam of Chaos Energy, most likely the Beam of Chaos Energy that went shooting up into and Disappeared into the Sky that Richter accidentally let lose when he tried to Absorb the Chaos Gems Energy, that it went of careening of throw through space&time from The Land to Earth, that is how the Chaos Lords were able to interfere with and stop the Dark Courts Prince from Snatching Earthing Chaos Seeds to The Land!

I Also have somewhat of a bad feeling about how how the last thing we see of Remy's Sister was her noticing how many thick Spider Webs there was in the Bunker. Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  14. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I read the first 2 chapters and I’m looking forward to the book. Has anyone read all the released chapters? Don’t really want to know details only if you’ve enjoyed it.
    Side note: AK pushed the book back not to go head to head with ready player 2. Based on early reviews I’m seeing from that book he probably should’ve just released same day.

15. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes, I've just finished reading Chapter Ten and the book is well worth reading so far.

In Chapter Ten when Remy/Zero was reading his Stats Screen it doesn't seem to say that he is a Chaos Seed, it also doesn't seem to say that he gets any extra Stat/Character Points either, I am wondering wether the reason for this might be the to the Seventh Gift the Chaos Lords gave Remy might be that they Bound/Sealed his Chaos Seed Energy/??? in order to protect him from being summary hunted down and destroyed due to him being the Chosen of the Chaos Lords (or similar), after all the Chaos Lords earlier on did say to each other that they would have to Conceal who and what he was and his connection to them. If so then it's possible that when Remy becomes strong enough to survive on his own that this Seal might well break and he will regain the Chaos Seed Prefix and possibly even any missed out on Stats, maybe even some Knowledge of the Chaos Lords?
    If course perhaps the reason for not being designated as a Chaos Seed is due to either him become a God or due not being empowered in the same way by the Chaos Lords as those that where taken to The Land were, but considering that being a Chaos Seed seems to be an integral part of their Nature, Soul and Mind, I am thinking probably not.

16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Humans on earth only gain 4 stat points per level. For whatever reason those who travelled through the chaos realm gain 6 stat points per level. Probably a balancing move on Aleron's part.

Remy is on an entirely different path, having left both chaos and his humanity behind according to his stat sheet.

17. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wonder if the magic will be similar to what Nexus used to summon Richters ascension choices. Richter talked about how many Magic’s he uses and blended together.

18. TWW101

TWW101 Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What does SGS stand for? I feel like he thinks it should be obvious, but it went right over my head.

Johan likes this.
  19. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Snitches Get Stitches.

TWW101 and Dragon like this.
  20. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Just gotten the Book, will be reading it soonish.