LitRPG MMO Guild

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Masoric, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It's all good. We're laid back here... which is why we're growing, I think?

I wish I had more time to play. I'd love to run a D&D campaign with those online tools they have now.

Maybe I'll start up a Tower of Gates branded MUD next year. It's on my list.

TravisBach likes this.
  2. Masoric

Masoric Level 3 (Apprentice) Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

I am actually playing my first Roll20 game this afternoon. Which also happens to be my first D&D game ever.

Time, or lack there of, is actually one of the biggest reasons I am trying to put a guild together. Everyone these days is power gaming or so focused on progress it’s just not fun. And with what little time I have I am looking for the fun and friends.

3. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Speaking of which, have you thought about Neverwinter? It’s free and pretty decent plus the content is mostly player created.

There’s also FFXIV, which is paid, *but* it’s cross-platform so people can play it on consoles and PC together.

4. Masoric

Masoric Level 3 (Apprentice) Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m open to anything as long as the fundamentals of the game are good. It’s the people that make it worth while. I’ll pull a copy of neverwinter down tonight.

CheshirePhoenix likes this.
  5. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Neverwinter seemed more like an arcade/action game to me. I didn't like all the "help" indicators they gave you either - made it less mysterious somehow and I just zoomed around without really learning the land.

Anyone know of a master list of all Free MMOs?

I started one with some...

https://litrpgreads.com/blog/free-fantasy-mmorpg-games-2017

Felicity Weiss likes this.
  6. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited

is free and better than Neverwinter, imho!

7. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Neverwinter is a PWI game after all. The revolutionary bit about it is that the endgame is player created rather than reliant on developers.

When I played it, it didn’t really seem all that arcade-y to me so I don’t really understand what you mean by that.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  8. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I guess because it's not turn-based strategy? WoW and the other D&D ones aren't either. Maybe I'm just getting old. Haha. ;)

CheshirePhoenix likes this.
  9. CheshirePhoenix

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It’s not a hot bar driven point and click maybe? From what I remember it was more action oriented than auto attack+special abilities.

Paul Bellow and Felicity Weiss like this.
  10. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Pinning this... cause reasons?

11. Dragovian

Dragovian Over-enthusiastic Tank wtb Pocket Healer LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen

36%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This is a cool idea, but my heart (and playtime) belongs to WoW. At least until they cock it all up again like they did in Warlords of Draenor.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  12. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'd love a Warframe clan that's active and larger than five people. My current clan just uses me for resources because of my character's age, and I'm tired of not having interesting people to talk with.

Also, come one. Who doesn't like space ninja robots that have jet packs and space cats?