"Mama's" caravan?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Hastur, Jun 30, 2020.

?

How many new villagers will the caravan have?

1. Less than 100

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 100 to 250

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. 250 to 500

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  4. More than 500

17 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think this has more to do with AK's writing style than Richter's character.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  2. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    When does a king with two sidejobs as an enchanter and adventurer have the time to crack a book open or ask questions?

3. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter needs a secretary. Someone who's job is to manage his time. Randy doesn't count, he is in charge of Richter's entire household and most of the kingdom.

4. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    AK's writing style has nothing to do with Richtos YOLO attitude and character.
    Oh there a button.. I press it. Oh scourge is now killing us oh no...
    Another button lets do this... oh no..
    Hes pressing every button he finds, remember reading the profession skill book in the Dungeon for HOURS?

5. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I will admit that he has never made the same insanely stupid mistake twice. Of course it has to be insanely stupid for him to learn from it. Don’t get me wrong here, richter is still one of the better litrpg mcs in my opinion. I may have issues with his willfull ignorance and some of his ‘earth culture’, references, and butchered sayings. However Aleron has managed To build an incredible world that i can’t wait to learn more of.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    Captain BlackJack and Hastur like this.
  6. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't disagree that Richter doesn't ask questions before making rash decisions.
    But AK is definitely one of those authors who makes up mechanics and lore as he goes. He isn't going to provide us with in depth knowledge nearly as often as we would like. Sometimes Randy, Richter, or HM drop a whole bucket of info on us, but it's usually to explain something that already happened, or to explain mechanics or lore that are about to come into play.

That's almost what Futon is, except that Futon doesn't take initiative very well.

7. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not in the earlier books he did not!
    This type of adding new abilities with the story started to be an issue form book 7.. maybe because its way big.
    I personally do like when mechanics are opened bit by bit, not interesting to listen for the rules for 3 chapter in a row one bit!
    AK's one of the priorities is to kill the Mc if Mc did stupid shit, and he can't get out of a difficult situation.. or at least should be, not so much in the later books..
    When new mechanics and unknown abilities come into play at difficult times then the story gets dicey.. not so realistic considering in the state of shock you can't do anything but go full autopilot

8. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm sure he did make stuff up in the early books, but it becomes more noticeable the further we get into the story because new mechanics seem to contradict the early books. Usually this is explained away with something along the lines of "Richter was mistaken", or "the Sprites don't always know what they are talking about"

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  9. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    *longing sigh*
    If only.

10. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Why to limit oneself with a few chapters, we could have entire book series related to rules ;D

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  11. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not gonna fall for this without direct quotes..
    Randy said that Sprites have some knowledge but not perfect scientific understanding about how to mix magics..
    And with complexity in AK's books, some changes might be needed, but don't see it as a majour change if any to existing mechanics.

It's a great idea @ShoughtLoud to sometimes read book on D&D rules.. I hear they are really interesting, even considering buying a used monster manual (real book )
    D&D 5e Monster Manual
    enjoy;D

12. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I still have two monsters manuals from when I was 12. I got them out when reading this series. There is a bat that has a Chaotic alignment. I have wondered if that’s what lands in the land.

13. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I liked the monstrous compendium better. You could organize it however you want and they were going out of there way to add monsters to it. It was like profile sheets you add to three ring binders. Everything connected to d&d was creating new entries. Plus you had a format to make your own custom monsters. I miss that.

14. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    All D and D books are available online at the trove.

15. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    When Mamas caravan reaches the Mist Village and Ricther returns will the roles be reversed.

I am assuming Rat will be in the caravan as he would have absolutely nothing to live for inside Yves. So when Rat appears and sees Ricther will he be scared and moved to draw a weapon in defense? With Ricthers modifiers 1-2-3 in Goblin slaying it really increased the chances of any Goblin attacking him on sight.

I could see Rat drawing his weapon and pissing himself at the same time. Will he make a peace offering in return to Ricther of some form?

16. Hmmm

Hmmm Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think he has a good relationship already. He did give Rat a gem.

17. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s right he did.

That was early in the series book one I believe. Since then Ricther has earned some serious modifiers with Goblin Slaying. I think Goblin Slayer I have a ten percent chance goblins would automatically attack him. Goblin Slayer II gave a 20% chance of automatic attack. Then Goblin Slayer III gave him a thirty percent chance of automatically being attacked by goblins. It would make for a comical turn of events. Rat might even make Ricther some three penis soup to make up for his out of control outburst. Then Ricther might even decide he likes three penis soup.

18. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Very doubtful, richter is an american city boy. Any food made of penis is going to be an automatic no go, if he knows what it is first. he may be fine with ‘eating penis’ but not as food

19. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well he has sipped on it before.

20. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not an automatic 30% chance of goblins to automatically attack, but the chance that they will attack is 30% higher.

So if there is a 1% chance of a goblin automatically attacking Richter for being human, now there is a 1.3% chance. But the chance of rat deciding to attack Richter within his stronghold is likely close enough to zero that increasing it by 30% doesn't make much difference.

On the battlefield or dealing with non-alliance goblins on the other hand those 30% could make a big difference.