"Mama's" caravan?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Hastur, Jun 30, 2020.

?

How many new villagers will the caravan have?

1. Less than 100

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 100 to 250

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. 250 to 500

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  4. More than 500

17 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Seriously, I do think she will have more of a grand caravan then just a plain ole caravan of immigrants. When they come to town it’s going to be some kind of show. When they see her leaving Yves it going to look like the circus is leaving town. With mama knowing what types of skilled labor Ricther has what she brings will be the icing on the cake.

2. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wonder how heavy mamas caravan will be. I find it kind of unreasonable for her to lead a very heavily laden caravan. I can’t see her try to escape the dangers of Yves with a heavily supplied caravan as well. On the other hand I can’t see her leaving without enough supplies for her people to succeed. With her knowledge of the needs of a new settlement I don’t think she would travel too lightly. I see Mama as a sly ole fox that has used her witts and knowledge to thrive for years. I really wouldn’t doubt it if she has contracted Some if not all of the five Captains that sailed to the mist village previously. After acquiring cargo and setting sail those ships could arrive prior to her people. Of course that is just my thinking. She might show up short handed running ragged like bandits with Yves troops on their heels. It would be very easy to follow a sizable caravan. The plague squad could walk straight in with them.

3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Its likely the Yvesians would let them run. They might go over the caravan and capture some of the more valuable professionals, but most of them aren't that valuable and the kingdom wants them gone almost as much as they want to make money off of their backs. If the nonhumans want to leave, letting the less valuable do so wouldn't be much of an issue. Looting the caravan could also happen.

Caravans aren't fast and Yves has to have some kind of magical communication network. Intercepting them before the border wouldn't be much of an issue.

Its unlikely the yvesians would pursue the caravan into the wood elf kingdom or even the forest of Nadria. That would be considered an invasion. Gives Yves history of warring against everyone in reach, a move in force would get a reaction from one or more of the affected tribes.

4. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That could be true.

Lately I have been considering the kingdom of Yves. At one time it was more like what Ricther is trying to build now. The kingdom of Yves had been full of all sorts of races. Until Randy’s nephew was influenced into becoming xenophobic. We also know that recently sacrifices have just started being made to feed the Originals power. In the beginning of book six it is said that the dark courts forces still haven’t found the unknown force in the Forrest of Nadria. As it said they had agents looking for the agents of change that were drawing the others in. So the river peninsula must have multiple agents from the dark court or their Exiles acting in their favor. We also know that they had dispatched a plague squad to destroy Ricther if they can find him. The queen of the dark court had mentioned that the Exiles were acting without her permission. That means there is at least three to four conduits of communications from them to the Land. One Dark Court, one Light Court, and possibly two Exiles. With these groups influencing the people of the Land it’s likely there are many more conduits. Most likely the dark court and its Exiles are influencing the alliance by telling them where to search for things such as places of power, items of power, and Chaotic shards.

For Ricther these conduits are not only problems but they are most likely sources of resources that he might need to sever and take for himself. At the moment we only know of Ricther gaining a token and a magic core from the removal of Singh’s mausoleum. I would think that even Singh would had a horde of treasure collected from the years past.

That should give us several more magic cores and plenty of treasures to look foreword to.

5. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I could see Singh having at least one more core. As for a treasury that seems like a given. An armory too. But its all buried under who knows how many tons of rocks. For all we know the cavern collapsed.

Digging it out would be a major task. Doable, but timeconsuming.

6. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'd say the alliance got plain lucky with the shard. The kobold retreat allowed the goblins to expand into new territory, and unlike the kobolds who are more or less exclusively underground dwellers, the goblins use the surface as well.

This means the goblins push into a lot of areas that the kobolds have no use for, including the uninhabited valley.

As for their motivation, we don't know enough to say definitely what is pushing the greenskins - goblins, hobgoblins, bugbears, orcs - and their allies into invading rather than their regular raiding. Could be they are being used by an outsider (Yves, the courts, some empire from outside the river peninsula, some ancient evil, etc.), but its also possible one of them has managed to gain sufficient power to become a tier 3 or tier 4 warboss, capable of unifying them.

7. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s what mist workers are for.;)

8. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Aren't they mistlands only? The mist isn't underground.

9. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don’t think it’s luck at all.

The Dark Court or Exiles can sense the chaos some how.

After all the can sense the chaos seeds gravitating to central locations or toward other seeds. If they can sense that small of amount of chaos then surely they could feel the shard.

10. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So are you saying Ricthers catacombs aren’t his because the mist doesn’t work under his PoP?

11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No but there is no mist down there. Can mist constructs exist outside of it for long? I mean when the mist workers entered the lich's domain they started taking damage. Not instant death, but they had a limited lifespan.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That could have been because that part of it was contested and full of death magic. I know the mist spell doesn’t extend to subterranean spaces but the mist workers are fine working under ground. Such as the mines and crystal garden that are underground. The mist workers were also used to carry out the spider eggs and carcasses.

13. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It's a domain thing, the confusing mists don't reach under ground but as long as it's inside his domain they're fine. The other side of the portal doesn't count as his domain, and I think until he controls them, the different levels of the catacombs don't count either.

14. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I bet rock eating worm familiar should do this easily..
    Or 10k kobolts going through the portals to dig..
    Still I'd try a magic ritual to dig a tunnel: sort of dig 2 meter diameter, 50 meters bellow melting rock.

The problem is that we did not wanted to "harvest" the riches of the Litch. and now its a bad situation, we will be lucky to find Litch&Mauler&Deamons bodies..
    Well actually finding the Mauler with the Sword will be easy, we know where to dig because sword is soulbonded.. and with a potion of Luck to help find the other Riches.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  15. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There's also the issue that it's likely that at least a few of the Sentient Undead and Living Dead that escaped may come back and see what there is to be retrieved and appropriated themselves. Quite possibly the Vampires as well.

16. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You did not mention it but what I would say is most likely....It's a Chaos Seed. They are being drawn to the river peninsula, it's been mentioned in both the light and dark courts. Also Heman almost ended up in control of the situation. Not a stretch to say that another Chaos seed is in control of the Basilisk Alliance.

17. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Give me a hundred dwarves and we'll get in there eventually. Unless the entire cavern is structurally unsound and collapses more when they start digging.

But its going to take TIME.

18. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    And well all agree some kind of deal with the dwarves will happen at some point. To sweeten the deal offer them some goatbanger. :D

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  19. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s possible. The Dark court likely has found a chaos seed to “back” or manipulate. I really don’t think that is the case with them sensing the power of chaos. Go back and listen to the dark courts conversations.

20. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Why would they sponsor a chaos seed?

Joe Schmoe likes this.