"Mama's" caravan?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Hastur, Jun 30, 2020.

?

How many new villagers will the caravan have?

1. Less than 100

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 100 to 250

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. 250 to 500

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  4. More than 500

17 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That sounds right. But the mist village is not a part of the kingdom of Yves nor is he at this time a signatory to any international treaties. So how will they get their money?

2. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not necessarily. Not everyone who has paid off their dues rise up in organizations. There could be a few who were blackballed by higher ups or were on the verge of leaving but without any prospects etc. I can't imagine the guilds have a 100% contentment rate with their members

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  3. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I totally agree there there are nearly always dissatisfied people in ever organization. I hope Ricther gets one or two of those wanting a good change. I would also think Mama would have enough resources to help someone out if she really thought they were needed.

4. Albatross1873

Albatross1873 Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

I am excited to see the description of Roswan with his hair in corn rows and his mustache half-shaved. I just hope that Leslie Gnome can save him before the dungeon is lost.

5. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I haven’t considered that. Everyone else had been saying that Nexus brought her in to torment Roswan. After everyone liked Roswans stories from his time with Nexus I wouldn’t had thought it was so bad. Nexus did tell Ricther that he looked farther into all of the people he found interesting. That would have been how he found (TammyTwo) the Librarian. I think your idea is very plausible. Even more likely then the tormenting idea. Roswan will need to be kept in reality and she might be able to do the trick.

I like it!

6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe Mama should be made the village Reeve. That way she could work under Randy as Chamberlain and town administrator. That would give her the power to manage the Village. Giving Randy more time to over see everything else.

7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Assuming you mean the english version

Reeve (England) - Wikipedia

High reeve would likely be a more fitting title. But really, make her part of the nobility, none of this voting nonsense ;) Besides, why would someone with power cater to the desires of people with levels below level 10 who have no profession, let alone when most of them are below level 5?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  8. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Nexus knows stufff:
    • bugbear assault imminent
    • mama's caravan
    • some librarian in the caravan
    • stuff
    Richter should really use Nexus knowledge, maybe give him a gift?
    What such a being would want?
    What knowledge we could get out of him?
    Enemy locations? supply routes? secret weapons? treasure locations?
    missions/quests? ...

drooling..

9. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Also the caravan in theory could hit the prison/free captives/ bribe hire prison guards...
    Hire thieves guilds to bet building schematics/steal them/ steal from counts..

What I am getting here at is that Richto knows that the caravan is coming, how can he help the caravan? How can he get the points done above?
    Send alma with a bag of gold and instructions to mama? Mama -> hires mercs -> mercs hit the prison/architects palace lol?

what i hate about this is that the caravan will be left alone by itself with only the guidance of "Nexus & his buddy" which is not nothing. Because Richto be yolo.

10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The guy is an asshole, but he won't do something that his overseers will consider too biased against the alliance.

Mama has already left the capital of Yves. She is travelling towards the wood elf kingdom - unless she has already reached it - and from there will continue towards the village. Its too late to set up plots using her as the centerpiece.

Especially as Richter will likely spend another week at least in the underground, getting the wand for Xuetrix.

11. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    yeah.. not sure how could Richto send a message to the mama person. Well sell ur soul to the deamon for it easily works for one..
    However if they are on the move.. this gesture is useless. they can do anything and Richto can't even send money to them or other orders.

DAMN!
    haha

If Richto would have been a savage profiteer/business man he would have sent multiple supply packages to mama, gold, potions of clarity etc.. to protect his "investment".
    and to give her orders and means to do his will. What I'm getting at is they(non humans) are getting slaughtered in Yves, and need all the help they can get..
    also how could mama know that everyone in MV was not killed yet?! That they are still alive? Hafiz sons perhaps? also it only has been 5 months.

12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There is no more than a handful of nonhumans left in Yves , even under the old somewhat more tolerant kings they were probably no more than a tiny, tiny minority. The kingdom of Yves was built by waging war, hence its surrounded by factions that are hostile towards it.
    Mostly nonhuman ones.

S'ahelas likes this.
  13. S'ahelas

S'ahelas Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Perhaps mama has some sort of benefactor? I wouldn’t think the king wants a lot of non humans, regardless of their value, (and some of these are surely valuable professionals) leaving the kingdom. If he wanted them gone he would enslave them. A caravan is not a fast thing, unless there’s some magic involved I can’t imagine them outrunning the soldiers coming after them. I’ve been curious on how they are able to escape.

what if there is politics involved: what is pushing mama in so desperate a move ( as to charge off abandoning the rest of the people unable to join her to seek refuge in a recent village with a strange king) also causes some members of the kings court to intervene in the nonhuman struggle? A powerful duke could be granting them freedoms to escape.

14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Expulsing nonhumans from Yves was mentioned as one of the policies the king has instituted. He has allowed(and in some cases forced) nonhuman crafters and their families to work as indentured servants for his supporters, stopping just short of legalizing nonhuman slavery for whatever reason (possibly the nobles and tradinghouses wouldn't stand for it, on a combination of moral grounds and foreign considerations), but most yvesian nonhumans wouldn't be of great economic value individually, any more than other groups. Of course, the trade in nonhuman slaves is flourishing within the kingdom whether its technically legal or not, we learned as much from the exiles discussion.

I think Mama left because things are slowly but steadily getting worse with the king slowly tightening his grip on the throne and the reigns of power. For all we know the king has managed to stir up antihuman sentiment in Law and the rest of the kingdom to the point where antinonhuman riots and violence are inevitable, we know from book one that that kind of thing was happening, even if it haden't really gotten its claws into the people of Leaf's crossing to the degree it had the capital. Nonhumans in Law were scared, not just of the government, but of humans generally.

15. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'll take it a step further. She went in to a fair amount of detail of why she is successful that that is she cares about her people. No doubt that as she continued to see the mistreatment and people she cares about and works with the straw finally broke the camels back. She is saving who she can. For me the main question is...Is she just coming to save the people that she worked with and their families or is she being smart....and I'm betting she is...and also on a little recruiting spree. If the MV is going to be her new home does it not make sense to help it as much as possible?

16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Its certainly possible she is hoping that serfs and indentured servants will see it as a chance to run away. We don't know how much groundwork she has done, we know that the second wave of settlers was partially caused by her spreading rumors.

17. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I can’t agree more.

18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Rumors by her or just about Ricther and his village from the first group leaving with him?

19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think it was heavily implied she was the driving force behind the second waves, spreading stories and fanning the flame. Propaganda basically.

20. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The debt is most likely bound by magical contract. A magic contract could have all sorts of consequences and powers. And magic contracts are not subservient to national or international treaties.