New source of magic cores

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Joe Schmoe, Dec 24, 2020.

?

Will Richter get a magic core from the sea of chaos?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. It'll be offered but he will choose something else

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    As of book 8 he can get mythical items offered from the sea of chaos. My theory is he will build something that needs multiple cores, similar to a bank. Possibly a library that gives him influence over knowledge like the bank has influence over currency.

Does anyone think this will happen and the sea of chaos will provide an extra core? How many total votes will richter end up with? Presumably there are still 2 waiting somewhere in his lands.

Mister Bill likes this.
  2. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I do like the idea of him building something that needs 2 cores.

We’ve talked before about him dropping his core down the well for the dungeon but that’s way too risky IMO. Would be amazing to have a source for intermittent cores but hugely unlikely to be able to generate them. Unless (spoiler alert) his reward from the adventurer rank going up means the labyrinth will power the loot balls.

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  3. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    With his adventurer bonus of increased treasure chests I think his odds of getting a Magic Core or better aren't that bad.
    BUT it does seem like the Labyrinth will be filling his Loot Balls from now on so sacrificing anything would be a waste.

I hope that he will be able to add a new Magic Core and metal to the forge to double his rewards from it.

4. TWW101

TWW101 Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Somehow I just don't see it happening. I think there could be more cores that he could find in the near future, but I think they'll be like all the others, in some structure he comes across.

Mister Bill likes this.
  5. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think he’d have a much better return from a whole new core building, not adding to the forge. He could do something with enchanting or maybe something with his barracks (or another existing building).

Joe Schmoe and ShoughtLoud like this.
  6. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Biggest boost to the forge will be finding a way to power level it in my opinion.

Mister Bill likes this.
  7. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Im so pumped to hear what his two most recent adventurer rewards will actually do. Seems like the god node could eventually lead to a connection between richter and zero fell in another 10 books.

8. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Haha yeah, probably. And I don’t know about powerleveling the Forge or the Cauldron. Would be great for either, of course, as well as leveling the celestial tree.

9. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am positive Aleron will use the last core found to power a library for which he is short of books.

If a second core was added to the “Forge of Heavens” it should go to the actual forge/smelter. Ricther would need some source of extreme fire as a third item. I have always hated the name forge of heavens. After all the core was added to a anvil not the forge.

Adding a core to the Dungeon would be great if a room were made especially for it where the dungeon wouldn’t absorb the core but could draw from it’s power. Using some marbleized quartz with the striated bloodstone as a third item would be good. That should make a higher connection to the dungeon itself and should help it toward building new structure.

To me better options would be a core a weavers spindle with the Queens web sack added for a third item would be nice. With the Exorbitant cost of paper in the mist village Richter could make a core paper plant. The third item used for its construction should be magic crystal. That would help with the Library books and scrolls. It would also be a great source of revenue being a rare product in the wilds of the river peninsula. Ricther having his own magical crystal would work hand and hand with a paper mill and his Library.

Mister Bill likes this.
  10. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I have a hard time believing he wont build a core library at this point too... the biggest question is how many cores it would take.

My guess is, like the forge comes with its own smelter and the cauldron comes with a greenhouse, its not a stretch for a library to come with a source for paper and probably ink. They seem to go hand in hand.

The core and dungeon seem like they would be a match made in heaven, but we need to learn more about how rooms actually work. It kind of seems like a core wouldnt be necessary to augment the dungeon since all the rooms already have their own magical power. Making a magical building within a magical dungeon that already makes its own magical rooms with their own magical properties kind of seems redundant and not necessary.

11. TWW101

TWW101 Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    From creating a the portal in the dungeon, we can see that it doesn't just eat and destroy structures in it (at least if it is in a room). The village also got a bonus from the portal even though it was in the dungeon. Unfortunately for my lets build in the dungeon attitude, the portal didn't give the dungeon any bonuses(though maybe that will change when they are connected tot something). With nodes, Roswan could create another room to put the new core in and the villagers could just teleport to it.

If the next core is a library, would it help/change the dungeon? Smarter mobs/dungeon core, spell casting mobs, mobs with more abilities, or book loot drops? I assume he'll need to use a book to make it which I'm guessing will be a spell book of some type (scribe a master level book Sumiko?). Other types that I could think of would be a skill book, expertise book, lore book, or Hisako's book on cores.

I don't think this is going to happen, but adding some sort of soul well or something that would crate soul stones from everything that is killed in the dungeon could help them creating a lot more higher cost enchantments. With the Tier 2 another enchanter helper talent, they could benefit from having piles of soul stones. I image like the other cores, a level 1 should have a 10% chance of creating a higher level soul stone or something. If it is like the blacksmith, you need to create 100 high level souls or something to level it (labyrinth invasions?).

He could try adding the core to the portal, just to see what it could do. Just remove the core if it isn't awesome.

Jeweler/crafting core room at some point to make more Tefonim jewelry?

12. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’d like for him to add it to the barracks. Just imagine the troops that he would be able to create and how tough that structure would get.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  13. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What do you mean votes Richter will get.

14. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe he meant tribes? I dunno.

15. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I totally agree it would be a bit of a redundancy. I see it more of a instant growth addition faster then steroids. The only true benefit would be a room not capable of consuming the core but able to consume the ambient mana from the core. The first prerequisite for things in the dungeon is to learn the magic type first. I could see a core expanding the dungeon enough for another reward along with a constant source of additional mana. That additional mana would not only teach the dungeon the magic cores magic but would be a constant source of increasing DP’s from its ambient mana. Of course that doesn’t mean the dungeonn will instantly be capable of making new cores. It would certainly need a room and much more.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  16. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It has been mentioned that it is very costly to create a room that will not consume things. It can be and has been done. It’s just not cheap.

17. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Woops. That was supposed to say cores. Probably an auto correct.

Mister Bill likes this.
  18. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You mean a safe zone? Not a horrible amount but probably a full day’s accumulation of points.

19. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I believe it was mentioned when Roswan made the egg genesis room. It was said that it was a small room and he had used workers to carve out the room helping hold the cost down. I believe the expense of that option was mentioned then.

Mister Bill likes this.
  20. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Actually no numbers were given there. Just that him using the workers had reduced that cost. Probably done on purpose to avoid having to keep track of yet another point system and distribution

Mister Bill likes this.