New source of magic cores

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Joe Schmoe, Dec 24, 2020.

?

Will Richter get a magic core from the sea of chaos?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. It'll be offered but he will choose something else

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

I’m sorry, but I don’t recall saying it quantified any of the cost.

Just going from memory which mine is completely fallible, I do believe it gave some detail but no tally of specific cost. It spoke of its small size limiting the cost along with the workers carving it out. I do believe the expense of the room was mentioned. That doesn’t mean it was quantified.

When I get the time I will look up the Chapter to give you a quote. Although that institutes me to relistening to the book in order to find it.

Mister Bill likes this.
  2. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sounds like that’s the motivation. I doubt it was more than 50-100.

3. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think it’s going directly against the dungeons motivations. What are the Dungeons motivations? To feed, consume things, learn and grow. Ricthers Dungeon also has a special desire to consume rare blood.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly dungeon point charge in order to keep an area free of the dungeons consumption.

Mister Bill likes this.
  4. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ah. I meant Aleron Kong’s motivation, haha. I would hope it’s a single charge seeing as it’s not a crazy room being built and plenty of others there to eat other folks.
    But the dungeon might get miffed if a ton of folks port in to take stuff out (like in the egg genesis chamber) and never go to dangerous places much to maybe get killed.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  5. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    His current 5th stratum of the sea could give him one of the magic cores... Hrmm I am intrigued.

Mister Bill likes this.
  6. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe something directly for the dungeon similar to his (probable future use of) fairy water?

7. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would rather see him get another seed core. If I were him I would run straight to the dungeon with a new seed core. Then I would create a monster machine. After I generated some awesome new monsters I would plant it in a special dungeon room or I might toss it down the well of offering.

Mister Bill and Johan like this.
  8. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Gosh that would be an interesting pick.

1. Magik Core
    2. Seed Core
    3. Dragon Core
    Which do you pick? He would of course choose a chaos core if that were an option, because he can roll again with all the chaos points. But I took that off and now we have a dragon core.

9. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He'd go Dragon core. Already have 1+ of the other 2 cores, and adding a new core type too the village is exactly something he'd do.

What is a dragon core though

10. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Im thinking it's like a nesting slime stone. Or like Richter's own power core.

But what if I left in the chaos shard in that list instead a dragon core?

11. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Should go with the seed core. Hands down. He's already betting on more cores for unlocking his powers (and has a spare) and chaos points are now available through multiple sources. There is an small chance that as a tier two being a chaos shard has other benefits than just points but no way of knowing. Seed cores however are a much rarer commodity for him. It might not give him something as cool as the Quickening, but it will regardless be powerful. Drop it down the Well, plant it doesn't matter. He's not likely to gain another from the Hearth Mother, nor just stumble on another.

12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It could be like a seed core. It’s magic at its core that allows for multiple purposes if one desires. Or it could be simply hatched into some random type of dragon. In the Galactic Wizard series dragon eggs can be used to power items. If you choose to hatch it you could hatch it. Or if you have the technical skill it could be processed in order to grant others special powers and abilities. In that series they called it Dragon gas or DNA gas.

13. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I totally agree! It would be a seed core for me. Then straight to the dungeon. I would definitely want it to get the maximum growth rate. The only thing I would be concerned with is a safe zone for it. I don’t think the cost of a safe area or any cost of growth would matter. Placing the seed core in the Dungeon should offer a huge boon to the dungeon as it is another item of power itself.

I still believe that Ricther should have the mana charged trees that were magically inert planted in the dungeon. He should also use them for grafting other trees such as the Hearth tree and the celestial tree.

Mister Bill likes this.
  14. TWW101

TWW101 Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wish they would have checked if it is was possible for elementum to spawn in the dungeon right now or they need a higher mana concentrations before it is spawnable/reasonable chances. That would be informative for short term/long term gains for dumping things down the well.
    I could see a seed core unlocking 20-100% of the life magic for the dungeon.

Mister Bill likes this.
  15. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Would you plant it or risk throwing it down the Well?

If it’s planted, then do you think it’ll give better bonuses than being planted in the village? Especially if it turns out that it’ll cost a huge amount to make a big enough room safe to plant it.

Personally I would likely plant it in the village if that’s possible or see what other options are available first. Too risky to throw down the well because it’s very likely a special room would be needed to generate more of ‘em. Only a slight possibility exists that the pattern would be retained until the room was built, IMO.

16. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If you plant it would it be better to wait until life magic is unlocked or hope that this seed core will unlock the life magic.

I would use it to unlock the life magic. The trick is, would it give enough to get over the finish line.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    Mister Bill likes this.
  17. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    With the Hearth Mother’s blessing helping with the original growth spurt then the dungeons 12 times the growth rate the dungeon would spit out some seed cores pretty fast. Then consider the extra fertility bonus Ricthers dungeon would kick out some seed cores.

How many times would you want to reinvest those cores?

Would you want them all in one location, in different lairs, or rooms?

A tree for each lair would grant some awesome booms to those lairs and really ramp up the DP’s.

Mister Bill likes this.
  18. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That might be a bit much. Hrrm I'm reconsidering putting in the Dungeon.

19. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s not even mentioning the bonuses you would get for the inhabitants of the lairs.

20. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Or maybe, with the sprite builder, turn it into an amazing building in the village.

Captain BlackJack likes this.