Open Call for Beta Readers

Discussion in 'Works in Progress' started by Paul Bellow, May 25, 2017.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Calling the @Beta Reader group!

Form of... a bucket of water!

Wonder-Twin Powers... ACTIVATE!

2. VRRanger

VRRanger Level 12 (Rogue) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

67%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Washington State, USA
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    nice!

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. Ian Mitchell

Ian Mitchell Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You rang?

4. Ian Mitchell

Ian Mitchell Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Paul Bellow likes this.
  5. VRRanger

VRRanger Level 12 (Rogue) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

67%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Washington State, USA
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Paul Bellow likes this.
  6. Ian Mitchell

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The main ways I've experienced is 1) writer email's me the docx 2) share on google docs. Both allow for adding comments to a document.
    Some authors have emailed me a .pdf or .mobi, but for those I ended up writing up my comments as a separate document.
    When I beta read the first section of super sale on super heroes, he shared a google doc with approximately 1/3 of the document, I wasn't asked back for the other sections.

7. Coco vanRoss

Coco vanRoss LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

2%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hello all, I just finished my first Lit-RPG and am in need of some beta readers. If anyone is interested please PM me.
    It's a little less than 59K.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  8. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  9. Ade Greeenwise

Ade Greeenwise Level 6 (Footpad) LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hi this book is available here on Royal Road, for the time being.... It's will unfold there until mid-late October.

Any positive reviews on Amazon (where you can now find it) - or suggestions here otherwise - much appreciated.

It's still subject to the laws of evolution, so suggestions may still be interwoven.

Best wishes, and Progression!
    - Ade

Paul Bellow and VRRanger like this.
  10. Ian Mitchell

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Arg, buried in beta reading books. have 4 in my queue atm. Beta reading is a weird thing. I've had to toughen up my reading to where many grammar issues don't trouble me as much. I am not fond of the times that writers throw down commas and keep going, and going, and going, and going, and going....

11. Stevie Collier

Stevie Collier Level 6 (Footpad) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hello all! I am looking for beta readers for my LitRPG novel: The Lionheart: The Grind Book One (a LitRPG series). This book will be hitting the editor in around 2 weeks. (Approx 67,000 words).
    A quick synopsis of the book (as I have not written the blurb yet so be gentle lol): Something weird is happening to the players of Drathos. They are becoming... Real. Enlightened. They are separating themselves from their human creators and are forming opinions for themselves. Follow behind the eyes of our MC Tharis, a level 1 Warrior who soon finds himself questioning life. Watch as he becomes his own person, detaching himself from his creator. Emotions become real. Sensations become real. Desire becomes real. Death becomes real.

If you're interested, please send me a message!
    Thank you.

CheshirePhoenix likes this.
  12. Ecchii

Ecchii Level 4 (Warrior) Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

90%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hello, forgive my noobishness but what is the appropriate method of recruiting some beta readers. I've more or less finished my book and proof read most of it. Where would the ideal location to post it be for said beta readers etc.

Thanks
    E.C. Chii

Paul Bellow likes this.
  13. Felicity Weiss

Felicity Weiss Musey Muse Muse Shop Owner Citizen

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Oregon
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Any social media, and forums where your ideal readers congregate; here, reddit, goodreads.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  14. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am now offering my services as an amateur freelance editor at rock bottom prices. See my post in the aspiring writers hangout for details

In short: I charge per 10k words based on the level of service you want me to provide. It’s cheaper than most professionals and I offer quality editing at low, low prices. The turnaround time is pretty insane, too - I can get to your book in a day or two rather than weeks. So if you’re suffering from a bad case of but-I-want-it-now-itis, head on over and check it out for specifics. Or you can PM me here on the forum.

If you don’t have access to the aspiring writers sub forum, there’s an item you can buy at the general store shop with forum gold that’ll give you access. Or, you can do what I do and bug Paul about it.

15. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Do you know how to put a link to the thread in your sig? Although if someone's not an author or aspiring writer, they'll get a nasty note, I think.

Up to you, but you post a lot, and it might give it more visibility. Carry on!

16. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I actually can’t even figure out how to get this forum to display signatures...

I can toss a link in mine but yeah, it’s in a restricted forum so I didn’t think it’d help all that much.

17. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe we should move it to... hrm... tavern or all things LitRPG as it's mostly LitRPG related?

18. CheshirePhoenix

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Either/or? It’s book-related, not really restricting myself to genre.

Oh actually, how about WIP? I don’t think that’s a restricted forum, is it?

Paul Bellow likes this.
  19. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good call. Lemme move it real quick for ya.

20. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Almost there...

What's the final tally? I'll be emailing mobis soon.

Thanks!

[​IMG]