Other Chaos Seeds

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by S'ahelas, Apr 29, 2020.

1. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Least, it's only level ten. One of them surely has the affinity to progress that fast in the hundred or so days they've been in the Land

2. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter has told us he can basically reach level 10 in any skill in a day. Now obviously his stats have an effect - if nothing else, through his high mana and stamina bars/ regen allowing him longer sessions of actual training before he needs to recover - but even so I expect a lot of chaos seeds have reached initiate with some being in the early twenties and a few truly obssesed having reached apprentice.

Once they start leveling its likely they'll advance faster due to an increase in relevant stats. I'd expect many will become journeymen 2-3 years down the road without them using the sea of chaos. Maybe faster if they start collaborating.

Do keep in mind they will need to make a living while training skills. This will slow them down by a lot, they'll need to find the energy and time to train, in addition to having a fulltime job surviving. A couple hours a day would show real dedication.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  3. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    His Limitless Ability is a big reason that he can Level so fast.

4. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    True. But anyone with a 100% affinity would rise just as fast as Richter in that skill given no other advantages or disadvantages, limitless doesn't have a direct effect on the skill learning curve. So a dedicated chaos seed who uncovers a skill with a maxed affinity - almost a requirement for going for a profession - could likely reach skill-level 10 after a few days of dedicated training. It gets much harder as you go further along, but becoming an initiate isn't that hard.

5. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He might say that (not sure he actually does), but without a cheat like a core, or something else extreme, he hasn't done such a thing as reaching level 10 in a day. for most his skills even with grinding, after 100 days are not above level 15. let me see if I can pull the last skill pages.

Day 44
    upload_2020-5-9_7-42-31.png

Day 141

upload_2020-5-9_7-40-33.png

Examples:
    something he was grinding is Archery and hasn't cheated on. in 144 days, it has increased 17 levels
    and is small blades, he has been grinding that skill for 100 day and is only level 13. That has also been training with a trainer Yoshi, that speeds up the skill progression.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  6. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter has yet to seriously grind a skill that wasn't already fairly high level. Given his massive stamina and mana pools he can grind a lot longer and a lot harder in between breaks.

That said i'm fairly sure he says something about reaching level 10 in a day around the time he grinds with a bunch of different weapons in book 7.

As for that list of skills, there is a massive difference between skills you barely use and never train seriously - we are talking about the guy who cannot find time to read a book - and someone who focuses on one skill. Richter dilutes his efforts across dozens of skills, projects, combat, and governing.

He may have a week's worth of training in small blades in total.

7. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would say about dilution true, bit I suspect Archery and Short Blades in particular is a skill he devotes a set amount of time for each day. He might not be grinding it all day, but everyone else should only be putting a couple hours each day into a skill.

8. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    At which point we are back to looking at a week or two for inititate. The idea of the one day would be doing basically nothing else from the time you wake till you go to sleep, with small reconstitution breaks.

Though some people will focus exclusively on one skill to gain an edge over the competition. They'll be spending every moment they can spare training it. Its one way to become safe and usefull.

9. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter got a Boost to his Archery Level when he was rewarded a Boost to his Imbue Arrow Skill after the first Pixie/Sprite Bonding if I remember correctly?

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes, he figures out how to draw on the bond he has with Alma, similar to the way true sprites can draw on their meidon bond to fire enhanced magical sprite arrows.

11. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No the Hearth Mother grants him ten levels in Imbue Arrow at some point

The problem with combat skills is they generally only progress by being in combat. He's seen a lot, but even so he still splits his time a lot between archery, magic, and small blades maxes etc. Also when he is using archery he basically only uses Imbue Arrow which if I recall dilutes the main skill experience recieved. Could be wrong on that part, but at a minimum it's limited by the main skill, he might see faster progress if he tries without imbuing at for a while to raise the main skill, so that it's not effectively always at its cap.

12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm pretty sure Richter has advanced and learned skills through training. It goes faster during combat, but if you swing an axe enough times you will progress in axewielding. If you are hitting something you'll likely advance slightly faster. If you are training against someone your progression probably becomes significant. If you are fighting for your life it takes off. Challengesystems exist for both personal exp and crafting exp, i'd imagine they exist for combat exp as well.

I'm pretty sure training or using subskills give as much exp to the mainskill. You are still using a bow after all, its still archery. Subskills on the other hand have to be actively used to see any progression. Though maybe there are sub-sub skills?

13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Just realized Richter gains level 18 in imbue arrow twice in book 7. He also gets level 19 before going back to 17.

Johan likes this.
  14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You have been made aware of and completed a Secret Quest: Unity of the Sorat’Shin I!

Your strong bond with Hisako, the leader of the wood sprites of the Hearth Tree, has convinced her to share a secret knowledge with you. The loss of pixies in The Land was a tragedy for all forces of good, but especially for the sprites. Without the race that helped guide their destiny, the sprites had fractured into disparate peoples. By bringing pixies back to The Land, you have completed the first step in bringing back the Sorat’Shin!

Rewards: A boon from Hisako!

+ 10 skill levels to Imbue Arrow!

31,250 experience (base 50,000 x 1.25 x 0.5) + 1,000 Relationship Points with all sprite races that have been linked with their meitu’meidon. Current bonus in relationship, applies to Wood sprites and Forest Sprites.

Kong, Aleron. The Land: Swarm: A LitRPG Saga (Chaos Seeds Book 5) (Kindle Locations 9398-9408). Kindle Edition.

Know This! A dramatic increase in your subskill, Imbue Arrow, has caused an increase in the main skill! + 6 skill levels to Archery!

Congratulations! You have reached skill level 12, 13, …, and 17 in Archery. + 34% bonus to aim. + 34% bonus to damage.

Congratulations! You have reached subskill levels 8, 9, …, and 17 in Imbue Arrow. + 85% magical damage. + 85% speed of mana flow.

Kong, Aleron. The Land: Swarm: A LitRPG Saga (Chaos Seeds Book 5) (Kindle Locations 9410-9416). Kindle Edition.

So the reason he is granted 10 skilllevels by the universe ;) is that he is actively working at restoring the true sprites. Which means his actions are changing one of the major races, strengthening them. In time that will likely lead to sprite reunification and the rise of a sprite empire that will dwarf Yves.

Currently he is working on the next step on that path, likely with an even bigger bonus to the sprite special skill as a reward. I believe he has currently found 3 of the 5 required races, mostly wood and forest sprites.

Johan likes this.
  15. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    sweet that the skill kept pace with the subskill level. It would have been terrible if the subskill progression was inhibited because the main skill was not high enough.

Richter has been using other skills for fighting, but what would any Chaos seed do as an archer after the enemy got into range? same thing Richter has been doing probably, just like Sion does, you go into melee combat (or run away). And Richter has been using Archery for nearly all combat, until melee range. And the short sword is his melee attack besides magic.

But if we assume that one of the remaining orcs is a chaos seed, and all four a professed Warriors, then the orc chaos seed has was martial skill that is level 45 at least. This might be possible because oh the amount high level monsters underground, trainer bonus, war party and perhaps war leady skill giving the new guy more SP than usual. Plus lots of sparring, which we know provides more XP than solo training.

16. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If he can Learn how to Temporarily add/Store certain Spells into Arrows (to increase the Range of his Spells) then that would further help to increase not just his lethalness but also help him to greatly increase both his Archery and Spell Casting Skills.
    Although while it maybe a Sub-Skill (for either or both archery &/or spell casting?) I suspect that it is quite likely to be a Profession or Specialization?
    Although it might be both, an initial limited Sub-Skill that can become a much less limit Profession then a Specialization!

17. S'ahelas

S'ahelas Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Also remember that while most chaos seeds will take a long time to progress in skills, regardless of their abilities, and thus won't be all that helpful compared to the crafter that has practiced for forty years in the land to become an adept, the powerful ones will have other advantages. Ritcher advances in herb lore, enchanting, blood magic and archery through boons which came from the unique circumstances surrounding his powerful chaotic aura. No doubt there are other chaos seeds with powerful auras as well, able to draw circumstances to them granting them skill gaining boons. While we could assume Ritcher has the most powerful abilities, aura and boons (he is the protagonist) the whole world has been thrust into chaos. Empires are shaking from other chaos seeds. There must be others with great skills at this point, maybe skills greater than Ritcher's own. There is also the fact that the sea of chaos grants skill books. Perhaps these others won't be have quite the diversity of skills (Ritcher has stealth abilities, magic in all eight basic elements and three deep magics, taming abilities, and archery, while at the same time as being a powerful enchanter, soon to be a crafter, and a remains a tank) a chaos seed who relies primarily on blood magic and uses it constantly to become a journeyman or adept could be as powerful at this point. We also don't know how long some of these chaos seeds have been around for. Heman was in the land for months, which could be as long or longer than Ritcher, even tho Ritcher was taken first. If time taken doesn't necessarily translate to when deposited in the land, some others could have been around for years, leveling in unique and powerful skills all the while.

18. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    On your last point, it seemed to me that they were all roughly deposited at the same time. Richtær was first, but held back for years, with everyone else. Then they were all deposited at the same time. But I may be incorrect on that note.

Edit: there seems to also have been more seeds coming in after the initial group hit The Land. I suppose up until the point that the Lords of Kaos, managed to block it completely.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    Waterhobit likes this.
  19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Heman seemed to imply that he spent a while trapped underground and with the gnolls before getting into a leadership position where he murdered his first chaos seed, an elf, but easily picked up several chaos seeds wandering the landscape with no idea what was going on. I'd imagine most people would not be randomly wandering around after a month with full lives. They'd be dead, with some other faction or they would have adapted, at least a little.

So I think they are still spawning. Plus Richter was told he was amongst the first chaos seeds to come to the Land. He made that choice, keeping him back for no reason would be against his right to choose.

20. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter is likely ahead of nearly any other chaos seed, especially those in the peninsula that he actually needs to deal with. They may have a few skills that are stronger (chaos magic would be the most obvious one I think), but I doubt there are any with as large an array of skills, or as high a personal level. With him being tier 2 he is even further ahead. Plus its been said by someone in the courts that there is one major whirlpool of change somewhere in the peninsula, no doubt that whirlpool is Richter.

Andrew Lynas likes this.