Q: How many books can you start?

Discussion in 'All Things LitRPG' started by Tfish10065, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Larakel

Larakel Level 14 (Defender) Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

26%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Newbie Island
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I read 1 book at a time.

I used to only read in a single read. As in, I started the book and read til I finished. Most books only take a few hours, so I'd make sure I had three or four hours free and read til it finished. LOTR was hard, it took a weekend when I was a pre-teen.

Nowadays, with kindle on my phone, I read everywhere. I read in queues. I read walking to the shop. I read on the bus. I still only read 1 book at a time though, because it only takes about 3 hours so whats the point of switching?

Felicity Weiss likes this.
  2. MrPotatoMan

MrPotatoMan Level 13 (Assassin) Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I do something similar I have one book I focus on and usually read about half then i will either keep reading or read another one so i technically do read multiple at a time although I focus on one for a while rather then constantly switching(with audiobooks and not in one session)

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Before E-readers were a thing, I used to read 3-4 books at a time. But it was dependent on location, like I'd read one in bed, one at the coffee table, one for while I was holding court on the porcelain throne, etc.

Now that I can carry thousands of books in my pocket (seriously, kindle and iBooks are taking up over 1gb of space on my phone each - that's a LOT of books), I'll read one at a time until it's done.

Felicity Weiss likes this.