Quote about The Land Book 8

Discussion in 'Not The Land' started by Belgared, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Belgared

Belgared Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Someone wrote this in a short novel that is on RR. I thought It was pretty funny.

“I thought we were supposed to be the heroes of this story,” Dan picked his cards back up. “No one ever writes the part in the story where the main character has to stew in their own poop.”

“God,” Jennifer laughed quietly. “Could you imagine that? Just pages of complaining about diarrhea. Nothing to advance the plot. Even if it were part of a popular series, everyone would be absolutely livid.”

2. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Just shows that people are a punch of weak sauce imaginers. There are a hundred scenes far more horrid and disgusting than Richter getting graphic food poisoning.

The one where he gets torn to pieces by a pack of wild wolves while Sion is just watching it happen comes to mind.

That girl who got raped and beaten in book 6 while her family and the other slaves had to watch from cages. Try imagining being in their place. Not the girl but the family that struggles to get to her side, unable to do anything as she is beaten and raped to death in front of them.

Talking about a dumb turd as if its the worst thing Aleron has put in his books XD

3. Belgared

Belgared Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think the difference is that those other scenes only took a several paragraphs at most, not an entire chapter. I would have been completely fine with several paragraphs about the food poisoning that happened to Richter.

4. Legend-Dairy-Reader

Legend-Dairy-Reader Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m with @Belgared here, that chapter was just unnecessary are on every level. It added nothing to the story, was overly immature in its nature, and probably took him 3 weeks to write based on his writing speed ‍♂️.

5. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It did make me laugh the first time but I skipped it the second go through.

6. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    it had to be from his own experience after trying out some tacos..

Mister Bill likes this.