Re:Creators

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga, Light Novels' started by Readsalot, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Readsalot

Readsalot Level 13 (Assassin) Citizen

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    [​IMG]

Started watching Re:Creators and I'm loving it.

"Humans have designed countless worlds—each one born from the unique imagination of its creator. Souta Mizushino is a high school student who aspires to be such a creator by writing and illustrating his own light novel. One day, while watching anime for inspiration, he is briefly transported into a fierce fight scene. When he returns to the real world, he realizes something is amiss: the anime's headstrong heroine, Celestia Yupitilia, has somehow returned with him.

Before long, other fictional characters appear in the world, carrying the hopes and scars of their home. A princely knight, a magical girl, a ruthless brawler, and many others now crowd the streets of Japan..."

2. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Been watching it, it is interesting.

3. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It's on my list to watch. My wife and I watch during meals, so we prefer stuff that's dubbede. Subtitled shows are what we watch while not eating, which is prime gaming time or reading.

So, we've been watching Sword Oratoria for our subtitled stuff after having caught up on Wrong to pick up Girls in a Dungeon.

CheshirePhoenix likes this.
  4. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?
    I didn't care for the dubbed voices in that anime. Loved it as a sub-title through.
    Sword Oratoria, was a fun watch too but not as good as Wrong.
    Gate was recently dubbed, I love that anime.

5. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There's a dubbed? Who's streaming the dubbed? Where is this dub of Gate you speak of, of DanMachi?

I can trust you. You're wearing a hat.

6. DJ Schinhofen

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There is a dubbed version of Dan Machi out there can't remember what anime site it is on right now.

Gate is an anime about a portal that opens in japan, and the JSDF is sent through into a fantasy world. It was dubbed recently as well, Gate ranks in the top 3 of anime for me.

CheshirePhoenix and Seagrim like this.
  7. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I loved Gate (re-watched a few episodes this weekend, in fact) and enjoyed Dan Machi. I can't stand dubbed, though - Japan's voice actors are leagues above the Western voice actors, imo.

Felicity Weiss likes this.
  8. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I hope Gate gets another coeur or two. Rory Mercury is best girl.

It gets a lot of flak for basically being a love letter to JSDF apologists/otaku, but man it scratched an itch I didn't know was itching.

Re:Creators is on my to-watch list too.

Crunchyroll and Funimation merged, with CR getting Funi's sub library and Funi getting the licenses to dub all of CR's content. So if it's not already dubbed, it's probably in the process of getting a dub.

They also partnered in a new a la carte style of channels with someone, I forget who though.

I much, much prefer subs to dubs. There's a lot that can't be localized very well, if at all, and I enjoy little bits like that. I'm also not reliant on the subs anyway, since I speak Japanese fairly fluently still (anime and J-drama really helps keep my ear in the game even), but usually I have to pause and explain the joke to friends if I'm watching with them and a particular bit of subtle wordplay makes me laugh.

Readsalot likes this.
  9. DJ Schinhofen

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Love Gate, LOOOOVVVVVEEEE gate. Also Rory is best girl, nice to see we can co-exist on that one.

Readsalot and CheshirePhoenix like this.
  10. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What's not to love about a pole(axe) dancing axe crazy yandere goth-loli demigoddess of battle?

Seagrim and Readsalot like this.
  11. DJ Schinhofen

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Nothing... Rory is best girl, might even take her over Darkness from KonoSuba.

CheshirePhoenix and Readsalot like this.
  12. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I love Rory, but if I had to choose a favourite I would probably choose Shigure Kosaka from Kenichi, History's Mightiest Disciple. Rory is over-the-top, crazy badass but Shigure is that quiet, dangerous kind of badass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. CheshirePhoenix

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Shigure is bae. I wonder who would win in a fight between Rory Mercury and Shigure Kosaka?

14. DJ Schinhofen

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Rory can't be killed so.....

15. CheshirePhoenix

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Shigure has managed to survive so far. And Rory can actually be killed now*; it was a plot point in the red dragon arc of Gate. Remember how she got all kinds of fked up in the place of Itami? Even so, it's been mentioned time and again in the Kenichi manga that Shigure can't be killed with any kind of weapon, if I'm remembering right. Which would leave it a contest of Shigure + Tōchimaru vs Rory and in hand to hand without weapons, I think the ninja would win. Rory is too focused on her axe, while Shigure has killed a ton of people in hand to hand.

I'd kinda like to see a brawl between Ryōzanpaku vs Itami-San and his fantasy harem. Whoever ends up winning, it'd be an amazing thing to watch.

*Although it's questionable whether it would count as dying or getting promoted, though.

16. DJ Schinhofen

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No she took the wounds because of the bond but it wasn't mentioned she could die. She still has some years left before she can become a god I believe. She has chosen Itami to be her disciple though I am fairly certain.
    As for the rest I can't speak to it as I haven't seen the other anime.

17. CheshirePhoenix

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The anime isn't about the masters. It features their disciple Kenichi, but the manga just keeps going. I've not read the Gate manga, but I was up to chapter 300-something or 400-something on Kenichi.

Also, the hell are you doing?! Go watch History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi RIGHT MEOW.

18. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, also not sure she can die yet. Giselle said the idea was to force her to marry that underground god, not kill her.

Testify! On of my favourite animes. Lots of action and humour with some awesome characters.

19. CheshirePhoenix

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

20. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Superman! Always wondered how he would have done in a fight against Netero, the Chairman from Hunter X Hunter. Although, Netero was a whole new level of badass...