Re:Creators

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga, Light Novels' started by Readsalot, Aug 29, 2017.

1. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't think I've ever actually seen Furinji fight at all in either the anime or the manga. Just, everyone talks about how badass he is and compares him to a weapon of mass destruction.

The chairman, on the other hand, got beat by a chimera ant, I think? I gave up on HxH during the chimera ant arc because the show just kept dragging things out. Seriously, 8 minutes of rehashing the previous episode, 3 minutes of op/ed, and 2 minutes of previewing the next episode was a bit much for a 23 minute long show.

2. Readsalot

Readsalot Level 13 (Assassin) Citizen

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The chimera amt arc does drag in the beginning but trust me, it's worth it in the end. It gets really brutal and dark, forcing some of the characters literally to the edge. Gon completely loses his s... and when you see what Netero is truly capable of - let's just say, apart from the chimera ant king, who survived what looked like a f...ing nuclear explosion, I haven't seen anybody I would have bet my money on in a battle against him.

See that giant, glowing Buddha figure behind Netero? That's basically one of his attacks.

[​IMG]

3. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, I watched the fight. I just seem to recall the chairman getting his ass beat is all.

Plus, the 108 handed Buddha (or whatever that attack is called) relies on actually being able to physically connect with an attack. Ryūsui seikuken would stop that from happening (in the anime it's the technique he teaches Kenichi in the mountain training arc right before the end of the Ragnarok arc).

Reading the wiki for HSDK makes me doubt that Netero would even be in the same class as Furinji Hayato. If all else fails, Furinji could just make Netero forget what he was doing to begin with, heh.

4. Readsalot

Readsalot Level 13 (Assassin) Citizen

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well, just to clarify:
    * The guy that beat the chairman was also able to survive a mini nuke.
    *The 100-Type Guanyin Bodhisattva atack does not rely on him physically connecting with an attack. Instead, he activates the Buddha, or rather a "multi-armed Nen construct behind himself which takes the form of a gigantic statue" which then launches an attack that copies his hand motions.
    *Apachai managed to hold off Furinji before being overpowered, so he's definitely not untouchable.
    *The manga suggests that eventually Kenichi defeats Furinji before retiring from fighting, so he's definitely not undefeatable.

Not saying Furinji won't win - since I don't read the manga there might be lots of feats I don't know about. But doubting they're in the same class? Well, that's taking it a bit too far, imo ;)

CheshirePhoenix likes this.
  5. CheshirePhoenix

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't remember Furinji and Apachai fighting? Either way, it's said that Furinji rivals all of the other masters in the world using only 0.0002% of his power. So my bet is he was probably holding back to avoid damaging the surrounding area too badly.

I wonder what the ScrewAttack folks would make of it in an official Death Battle?