ALL THESE Research Points!

Discussion in 'World Mechanics' started by Johan, Feb 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That assumes that they'll get seperate caps for each project and that multiple research projects at once is a thing.

The reason Aleron put a cap on research points seemed to be so factions like Yves with tens of millions of people can't just put tens of thousands of novice researchers on various projects to make up for a lack in skilled researchers aka journeymen, adepts and masters - there is a quote implying that you can't just employ a ton of low-skilled novice researchers and expect rapid technological progress. The low number of journeyman and adept researchers (masters being rare to the point of nonexistence) seems to be part of what is holding the peninsula back. While it would hardly be the first time, I hope Richter won't circumvent the restriction too easily.

Multiple research projects at once could be a thing at high enough levels or with a core library (in which case there probably would be a seperate cap for a secondary project), with people working close with crafting or military professionals in order to develop a given technology without resorting to brute force aka pure research points. The idea would be to trigger an epiphany, a breakthrough in the research. That's probably more likely to happen if higher ranking researchers are focusing on a project of their own.

TLDR
    For now there is nothing that implies we'll get secondary projects with seperate caps.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  2. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think because he has a limited number of positions he can fill and head of agriculture might not be one.

3. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I can't recall which book it was in book I recall a discussion in one of the books about lowering of affinity and effectiveness of what they are doing. If I recall correctly some people were more effective at a higher affinity VS a higher rank. I will have to find it. This could affect the best researchers for the MV list and have to develop an excel sheet or at least an AI

4. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That's true for getting TP at least. The difference between being at 85% and 100% is several points a personal level.

I'm pretty sure ranking up will almost always be worth it though, as that leads to bigger bonuses per skill level.

5. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Talking about the Stat bonuses (int and wis) randy was talking about?

6. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That was probably it.

7. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Book 7 chapter 13
    Right after he learns about absorbing his combat prompts

8. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Researching Soldiering should be a priority, not just because of the aid it will give to the MV Guards/Soldiers but it should also help Richter as well, not justify 5% Boost in Defence & Offence but also the 10% Boost in Learning/Levelling Combat Skills and knowledge. Not including the Bonuses/Boosts that the Barracks give as well.

Basic Spell Casting & Enchanting Knowledge should definitely be done, although possibly could wait till Winter when there's less activity, Richter could help in Researching them, it would give him the Research Skill and help speed up the Research time. Anyway having them Researched before Richter gets to Profess a Magic Profession would probably be a good idea.

Researching Alloys might be very useful but not critical at the moment, but if Richter was to discover the secret of Smithing Glass then doing so might be a good idea, I suspect that Glass and Elementum (maybe a hint of True Silver?) might make a very good Alloy.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
    Mister Bill likes this.