Rewriting Purgatory Road soonish,

Discussion in 'Works in Progress' started by LWFlouisa, Oct 26, 2018.

1. LWFlouisa

LWFlouisa Roboto Artiste LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen

29%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The whole book is basically written, it's just tying together the Dystopian, GameLit, and Romance more smoothly with the Ancient Astroanuts like thing that happens later.

I may have to make The Spectre Of Dr. Richard Meville its own book actually. It spawned from being the original blueprint of Purgatory Road (once called Uploaded Fairy) as the form that was more standard for my short fiction kind of story telling, which is ... very different.

It's making me wonder what the next rewrites are going to be like. I mean I came out with a Vampire Western Lesbian Romance as its prequel (which itself had an evolution that was similar to Uploaded Fairy, but didn't derail the overal plot direction as much.)

I tried rewriting The Spectre Of Dr. Richard Melville, but it became ... well Purgatory Road. Less Space Marines, more Gamer-Pacifism. More LGBT hijinks.

Curiously Richard is still around in my work, but he's a seperate character from Nadine. He's more in the Samantha, Susie, Jkovo continuity. And more, ... Scientist/Covert Op General like.