Richter's Ascension and Progression

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by ShoughtLoud, Mar 9, 2020.

?

Which CHOICE would you have picked?

1. Double benefits from vassals

35.3%
  2. Double benefits to vassals

5.9%
  3. +1 Vassal slot per 3 ranks of chaos lord

5.9%
  4. +1 Liege Page access level

52.9%
  1. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Here we can keep the topic specifically about Richter, his choosing to ascend as a chaos lord, and his choice regarding his new tier 2 class.

Here is the calculator made to estimate how fast he can gain new ranks of chaos lord. (Just replace the space between Google and com with ".". If you'd like to mess around with it download a copy and let me know if you find a way to improve it!)

https://drive.google com/file/d/1vn5Cp-_7p8MVRXF6H7WjQwJulahEoOJC/view?usp=drivesdk

Alternate link (assumes Vslots = CL rank)
    https://drive.google com/file/d/1gp-9oKa9ZMhn7cMdb2okBdwlbpU7LE_X/view?usp=drivesdk

The sheet follows some basic assumptions as listed below:

Assumptions
    • Each rank of Choas Lord costs 500 CP more than the last rank.
      • (Rank 1: Free*) (Rank 2: 500) and (Rank 3: 1000) are confirmed so far
    • Each increase in rank allows the vassals to provide more chaos points linearly (Rank 1: 1CP/CA/week) (2: 3CP) (3: 5CP) and so on
      • Rank 1 and 2 almost confirmed excepting the wierd "?" diamond symbol in Kindle app.
      • This also ends with 17 CP per CA per week at rank nine and we all know he likes 7s
    Note: does not include possible costs from liege page or associated extra benefits with vassals yet as, well, we don't know anything about them yet

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  2. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Which Ascension would you have picked?
    • Regular T2 Human
      • 98% chance, needs 1 attribute over 50
    • Psionic Human
      • 77% chance, need Mental resistance>50%
    • Mist Lord
      • 83% chance, need fully unlocked PoP of water air life and dark
    • Draike
      • 43% chance, need dragon kin mark
    • Chaos Lord
      • 99.9999% chance, hamaun, chaos seed, CA:+2 or greater, more than 100 CP lifetime earned

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  3. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would have picked what he did if for no other reason than it was basically guaranteed to work. Had he been back at the MV who knows. Now I think an interesting question is what about tier 3? We already know there was a choice outside of the light. So there could be another possibity out there for tier 3 or perhaps at that point he could pick another of the previous choices? A tier 3 Chaos Lord Draike...seriously badass. 2 Bloodlines.

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  4. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Blood lines might even be beneficial to each other since fire and death are next to each other on the basic element mandala.

Hastur likes this.
  5. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If i was Richer, knowing what he now does about himself and his gradient, i wouldn't feel comfortable at all until my luck stat was at least 100. He is causing civilization changing events to occur all around him, just by existing, and this will continue to be the case for life. He should be pretty motivated to have the highest luck stat on the continent to help make sure as much of those changes go in his favor as possible.

Cire122, Andrew Lynas and ShoughtLoud like this.
  6. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Here are the things in question

Screenshot_20200309-133139.jpg Screenshot_20200309-133204.jpg

If we all agree that there is a typo for rank 1 and the wierd symbols on rank 2 are some sort of arrow that didn't get pushed through right (seems likely since he was getting a +30% boost to akaton evolution later on), then I can update the Google doc so it equals his tier rank (and make everything look much prettier)

It also would make sense that he wouldn't be able to unlock rank 2 for free had he found 2 vassals at +3 or 2 vassals at a +3 and a +2. Nothing free in the Land

7. Hastur

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree it is some kind of transition mark. So at level 2 he'll get 3 points per chaotic alignment per vassal. In the upper area of the quote it mentions 2 vassals. In the lower part it has 1??2. Shouldn't it have started at 2?

8. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Right, I think the upper quote (rank 1) is supposed to be 1 vassal slot then the lower quote (rank 2) makes complete sense as is.
    +1 Vassal per rank
    +2 CPs per CA per rank (start at 1)
    And +5% to chaos spells and abilitys per rank (start at 25%)

Hastur likes this.
  9. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Personally I would have chosen mist lord for the unrivaled caster bonuses. Those are inherently part of his body/soul/mind, so they should be separate from other bonuses granted by the pop. A mist lord would be close to invincible within the borders of his own domain against others close to his level. Being trapped within is a limitation that keeps the mist lord from crushing everyone else with insanely OP magic, but for a defensive player like me, it is ideal.

For Richter, the right decision was undoubtedly chaos lord. It is strong in both offense and defense by allowing him to create a versatile team of chaos seeds. Not as strong as mist lord, but with a far, far greater scope.

10. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Anyone thinking futen really resembles a mist lord..

11. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah immunity and double power to 4 of the basic elements would have been a big boost to combat capability inside his domain. Not to mention 80% off to those spells (50 from mist lord and 30 from tranquil soul) he could fling them around all day long. Given his limitless eventually letting him snag 50% res in all other magics he'd be an absolute beast.

12. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If he had picked that one wouldnt he have died immediately due to not being within his own domain?

13. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There would probably be some sort of deal he could have worked out with either nexus or the Imp for real instant transport at least to his domain if not the village had he chosen that Ascension. OK probably not the Imp.

14. Hastur

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Or it could have granted the ability to transport back to the great seal...Like what Futen can do.

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  15. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Futen doesn't strike me as able to teleport to the great seal because he was a mist lord (which I disagree with mostly because he wasn't master of a PoP, to our knowledge). I would think he is able to do it because he is a soul fragment bound irrevocably to the PoP. Futen is unable to leave the bounds of the pop without Richter to use as a moving base. Richter still would have been able to leave the area of the mist village as a mist lord, even if it made him weak.

I'm sure Richter will gain the ability to transport home without Futens help in the future, but I don't think being a mistlord would have just handed him a recall home spell/ability.

16. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Please forgive me, I don't know how to put your response in one of those buttons.

With that said when I think of the mist lord option I think of an IBCM and not being able to go to the launch site and being able to stop it. If this series does end with Richter fighting the Exiles all they have to do is back up a bit and he can't stop their plans. I for one agree with "some people always trying to ice skate up hill" when they should keep their nose out. But, the mist lord option seems like picking melee class with a chain around your ankle. I picture the his enemies being the UK during the falklands war.

17. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think such a fight will have to happen many evolutions down the road. At which point the mist lord may have grown sufficiently powerful to exist independently of the mist.

Also, for them to meet in direct combat would mean that either the land has already been destroyed or Richter has entered their realm like a moron.

18. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Why hasn't Richter upgraded "Purchase Spell Enchantment"? At 40 TPs it's a steal.

19. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    [​IMG]

20. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin: