Richter's Ascension and Progression

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by ShoughtLoud, Mar 9, 2020.

?

Which CHOICE would you have picked?

1. Double benefits from vassals

35.3%
  2. Double benefits to vassals

5.9%
  3. +1 Vassal slot per 3 ranks of chaos lord

5.9%
  4. +1 Liege Page access level

52.9%
  1. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wow he needs to pick that up asap. Itll pay for itself in no time.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  2. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He'll probably do so once he either starts Converting Higher Ranked/Tiered Spells or Spells beyond Basic Magics.

3. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The reason I picked +1 liege page is because there seems to always be a option to pick up in games where it would have been super useful previously. Also If the pages are connected, then Richtær could see what path he wants instead of purchasing every options. He could....focus!?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    ShoughtLoud likes this.
  4. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It doeant seem like it would affect the cost to unlock a spell school, but if so he should have bought it first.

5. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A issue that is could see happen, is that if the pages are linked like, he might need to purchase the previous page of options before he can see them on the +1 page. Such that he has access, but he can't see what the options do yet. Still better than nothing, but it would be a "real scrote flick".

6. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No, spell schools are locked in on their prices, this just affects every spell purchase from those schools after they're unlocked

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  7. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Spreading your net to get at least rank 1 in everything unlocked is definitely worth it. Just to get the profession quests unlocked so they can start ticking away.

Not sure what precisely getting +1 in liege page rank would do for his profession.

8. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree with this. It seems unlikely it would affect base magic costs, deep magic cost could fall to 9 per level though, and higher magics to 90 per level.

9. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't think any of his liege page has a single thing to do with his his profession. No profession quests anyway.

10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Brainfart :)

Johan likes this.
  11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My country just closed every public institution after the number of confirmed cases grew by 3000% in one week, closing all schools, kindergardens, clubs, scouts, sportsteams, and noncritical healthcare for two weeks (all education is being digitalized, which surprise surprise they managed to get up and running in one day. Trust the danish schoolsystem to screw every holidaydreaming student over). From 15 to 450 something when they closed everything down, today its up to 500 something. People are basically emptying stores out of toilet paper and rye bread, though thankfully we have strong supply lines so they keep restocking. Worst part is the morons stockpiling supplies know there is no shortage apart from the one they are causing by buying a months foodsupply in one afternoon.

Edit: I think we should move this to a seperate thread, maybe even the main forum.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    PokemonThug likes this.
  12. Jason Pickett

Jason Pickett Level 3 (Apprentice) Exiles Citizen

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The forms in shadows weren't different tiers they were different Paths (rarer paths). Whatever the ascension path rank equivalent of Relic and/or Artifact. By the way, why is mythic less rare than legendary? Legends become myths not the other way around.

13. Jason Pickett

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Without AK coming on and spelling out Richter's thought processes on it we will never know. However, one reason might be that actually purchasing basic magic enchantments isn't that expensive so he thinks the TP are better used elsewhere. Personally, I think the one he should be putting TP towards should be Talent Point Conversion. Simply put this is the most profitable talent he can upgrade in the long run.
    From Monsters
    Congratulations!
    You have upgraded Talent Point Conversion to Rank V!
    XP/ TP Conversion now: 6,000/ 1
    Experience Penalty: 50%
    Cost to Upgrade to Rank VI: 275 Talent Points
    Now if he purchases level VI the xp/tp conversion will lower again to 5000/1 and the XP Penalty will be removed all together. Using the XP numbers from Monsters IV:413 V: 482 and at that amount of XP VI:578. As the XP penalty will be removed at level VI, I would not be surprised at this being the level cap but if it isn't and the progression goes to level X then the conversion would be 1000/1 and if he used the same amount of xp to convert at that level he would get 2893 TP's.

If I was Richter, and I wasn't desperate for something else
    Like he was in Monsters.
    everytime I paid of my xp debt I would see if I had enough XP to convert to get the next level of conversion (for level VI he does, and if it goes beyond he should be able to pick up level VII as well fairly quickly). 275 TPs for level 6 would take only 1,650,000xp and with Alma awake and funneling xp to him again it shouldn't take too long to payback (after all Brain Drain xp siphon is a function of total xp gained over a creatures life span and the levels (and probably the tiers) of creatures around the MV are going to be increasing dramatically and it would only take 24 level 33 beasts to regain that xp back once the penalty is removed). Admittedly, Alma might not be able to take on level 33 beasts with impunity, but if Sion or some others went out with her it should be easily doable.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  14. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Talent point conversion is definitely the right way to go as far as his Essence specialty Talents. Super versatile, especially in situations like Book where a talent point windfall could really make or break you. I agree it will either stop at Conversion 6 with a 0% markup on TPs, or it will max at 10, but move to 20% increments, so that by TP Conv Level X it's 1,000:1 ratio with an -80% factor on the payback XP. Imagine he could dump a million XP, get 1000 TPs, and only need to pay 200,000 back. Print your own money with Alma.

However, given his propensity to "map" the rest of his profession, I just feel that for 40 TPs this one has been sitting on the back burner for too long, and saved TPs (even if its just partial TPs like 0.1 TPs) would go a long way for a Limitless Essence Enchanter. Maybe he knows what the cost reduction is already and thats why he's waiting but going by the prompt it seems to be a hidden reduction until purchased. Like if the first bonus is just 10% savings on the Spell conversion, its .1 point per spell level of Basic Element Spells converted (agreed, not really worth it since all his spells are fairly low level anyway, but saved points are saved points in the game of limitless), 1 point per spell level for deeper magics, and 10 points for Higher Energies. It could be less it could be more, it could be done in a completely different way. Knowledge is power and all that.

He'll most likely grab it when he more seriously considers unlocking a deeper magic or higher energy spell school (and then a spell from that respective school). Like Blood mana or vitality puppet. To convert just one of those spells into an enchantment will cost as much as unlocking the Blood Magic spell school does (100TPs), if he doesn't get the reduction.

15. Jason Pickett

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree with you about getting it once he starts enchanting deep and high magic. I suspect he needs to increase the number of deep and high magic spells he knows before he'll be ready to do that.