Settlement points

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by PokemonThug, Mar 17, 2020.

1. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hey great minds!

I memeber we had quite a discussion about these points.. could reming me after checking the archives.. what was the outcome of our debates one nice point that I member :
    • Instead of building a portal in the dungeon.. just move the current one way portal to the dungeon from the death knight dungeon and upgrade it thus saving a huge amount of SP.
    • Not pumping this much SP's into metal mines when possibly mines lvl2, lvl3, lvl48 was never explored and identified what resources he already has..
    • Lol where did the titan steel door come from huh??
    • Building every possible lvl1 building juat to have it?!(not sure why) we can just build basic huts and declare then "warlocs summoning circle" or tavern
    • Maybe use wood vs stone?!
    • Aid me in this!!

2. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    All out research plan:
    1. Save the settlement points instead of spending them.
    2. Train as many researchers as possible.
    3. Wait to use core until village hits lvl 2
    3.Choose technocrat as second village specialization
    4.Build core library
    5.Spend all saved settlement points on researching as many basic techs as possible
    6. Hopefully unlock the knowledge of the various village positions (especially randy).
    7. Get some kick ass bonuses from leveling the specialization multiple times in 1 week.

Johan and ShoughtLoud like this.
  3. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    1000 sp -> 5000 rp

Current research point generation per day ~24

Basic techs cost ~75-350 RP's

Technocrat lvl 1 ->2 requires 10 techs

If he could save up 2000 sp's from village quests, he should have more than enough to power through 50 low level techs (or less with some higher tiers mixed in)

Then factor in bonuses from a core building and uncovering free techs that the village position holders already know, and the specialization should level at least 3 times.

That's a potential mythic related bonus and would be way more valuable than anything he could have done with the settlement points.

Not to mention all the value from having a bunch more techs.

Cire122 and ShoughtLoud like this.
  4. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Just real quick, he had to use them inside of a day or they would disappear

Captain BlackJack and Johan like this.
  5. Commander Azure

Commander Azure Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That would be great though

6. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The things dreams are made of really

Joe Schmoe, Cire122 and Johan like this.
  7. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    All out research plan:
    1. Save the settlement points instead of spending them.
      1. Only for Master duals for the moment, so who is he beating next?
    2. Train as many researchers as possible.
    3. Wait to use core until village hits lvl 2
      1. Why wait on the core building? As long as they research expensive tech and leave the cheap stuff.
    4. Choose technocrat as second village specialization
    5. Build core library
      1. Do you upgrade it with token?
    6. Spend all saved settlement points on researching as many basic techs as possible
    7. Hopefully unlock the knowledge of the various village positions (especially randy)
    8. Get some kick ass bonuses from leveling the specialization multiple times in 1 week.

8. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah that would have been a great strategy. I'm not sure how feasible it is now that research has reached its current speed (and no doubt will speed up even further in the future), unless Richter starts unlocking new fields of research. I mean cheap t1 and t2 technologies are lowhanging fruits. Unlocking them all makes sense as we are talking a months effort for a lot of small permanent boosts. New techs based off of them would probably be higher tier and therefore more expensive. I like the idea.

9. Commander Azure

Commander Azure Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly, but I think that when Randy was explaining how SPs worked to Richter he said that when the settlement reached level 2 it would start producing them on its own.

10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    1.b I imagine some of the kobold Masters, if any exist, will have to be beaten. The invaders no doubt have pop's of their own. The ogre lord is another potential target, ogres are not known for their great management so the people of his city may be ready for something, anything, new. In fact, that could be the culmination of Richter's underground journey, the conquest of another city and dominance over x new layers of the catacombs. With the lich, ogre and kobolds that would be 3 levels done for the settlement quest at least.

TLDR: Of the known adversaries my money is on the ogre lord.

Johan likes this.
  11. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hisako, it was level 2 of all powers, then yeah you'd start accruing them slowly

12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So basically, years away. They may also become available as quest rewards. We saw that in book 8.

Captain BlackJack and Joe Schmoe like this.
  13. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I mean yes, but the quest was extreme enough to unlock 2 powers at once. They seem pretty tied together given everything that has been written about them (powers and settlement points.)

Available sources so far
    • Destroy heart crystal of opposing POP Master at your own seal, (deconstructing their unlocked powers)
    • Unlocking level 2 in all Powers
    • Unlocking multiple Powers through settlement quest at once and choosing to unlock less than the total number you achieved through settlement quest.
    I don't think we're going to see any quest for just settlement points until he gets the slow drip from level 2 powers.

Johan likes this.
  14. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I was hoping you would bring that up. Possibly this orks settlement might be on a place of power too. Unless they are servents to the ogres.

15. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Did we ever manage to determine if unlocking all four level 2 powers was different from awakening all four level 2 powers? And if by awakening all four lvl 1 ley lines, it is now a level 1 place of power or level 2 place of power. It feels like even with book eight we are still stuck where we were.

16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Alma's evolution in my mind establishes two thing.

1) Settlement level and pop level are seperate. The settlement has not levelled yet, and likely won't for a while. On the other hand level 2 to 3 could happen very fast as Richter would have a reasonably large population for his level and a solid foothold in the catacombs.

2) Pop is now level 1 or 2 from awakening all four powers. The leveling of the pop is the reason Alma evolves so that one is confirmed.

17. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Adding my tuppence

So to get all the research points and specialize many levels over in Technocrat, we do need a Heart Krystal. The nice part about it is that it can not be used until back at the MV. I would assume the minimum amount gained would be 500 SP, but much more would be expected. This aspect is required.

The next would be to determine what it means by "Research ten Tech". There could be some loopholes to this, maybe not. So we have
    • Tech village employees know
    • Tech via diplomacy
    • Tech found
    • Tech transfered mind to mind
    • Tech obtained from reading books
    • Tech purchase with Research Points
    • Tech ...(if someone could help me)
    Would any of these count toward "Research # Tech"? I don't know, but I think if any are okay (besides purchase with RP), then they are all okay. The one I need to be a short cut is tech obtained from books and given tech from the Hearth Tree. Now we don't know how much can be gained from a book, but I am optimistic. The flip side is how long it would take to gain a tech from researching about it. I assume that the HT has a bunch of books that would qualify as tech if used by the correct race. Can a human settlement make use of ... Soldiering tech if researched at the HT? Unknown, but Richtær's MV can. So scribes on both sides will need to be busy making copies of all the sprite book/tech and non-sprite books/techs. This has been said before.

A quirk in the idea is the Library. Do you make it before using the Heart Krystal so the scribes obtain the bonus? Or wait until after the specialization is chosen. If Richtær can get some down time, scribing the lost language techs/books the HT will be very important. So I say make the core library now (and upgrade it?). This will give Richtær level 35ish in a Research Skill or a research related skill like scribing. He is kinda the lynch pin of the scribing team to translate all the books. For the non-human or ancient language techmanuals he might only need to read them and add it to his Tech repertoire.

Now would the scribes (including Richtær) need to stay in the HT, yes, unless the portal is built. The bad part about staying at the HT is that the scribing boost from the house of learning or library should not extend to another settlement. So the portal will need to be made and books ferried back and forth. The new core library might also need the books scribed in it for progression to level 2/3. (Also steel the orcs, orges, fungi, drow, and kobold books/tech libraries).

Okay so we have the points, the books, the building...now we need to consider the known tech hidden in the minds of the villagers. I believe that more low level tech can researched if only the village quest is generated. If not, then these techs might be much higher and in some random direction. It also might be too late, now that research has already begun, but still worth a shot: "Me Lord, it would be great if you researched distillation so your moonshine doesn't taste so bad". That way we can get all our little ducks in a row. "My Lord it would be great to understand this aspect of the Cauldron": core unique technik. "My Lord it would be great to understand this aspect of the Library": core unique technik. Specifically ask the gnomes what they know, Randy and Sumiko.

One issue is if a higher level requirement for the Technocrat specialization is scribing or bringing new books...I hope not.

As for Technik Day, when the Krystal is used and Technocrat selected, there needs to a bunch of luck again. I don't know how many scribes we will have, but enough potions of luck need to be made for each. ...luck...as yes plunder the Kinder and surrounding villages book shelves and tech heads for their information.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    Andrew Lynas likes this.
  18. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No, your right, book 8 didn't get us much in the Lore /system department besides what was introduced to progress the story

19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Depends on what you mean by that. I'd say we can infer some things, while others are almost certainly kept deliberately vague making it impossible to infer more about said systems.

We know the mist villagers were doing something when Richter chose to awaken the powers, but we do not know what. We also had a cameo with Alma showing us she has evolved, but again it is scarce on details . We even know Richter still hasn't finished reading his prompts, focusing on those that are immediately important. Meaning there could be a bunch connected directly to the village that we do not know about.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  20. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It is possible but it would most likely have said '"Obtain" Ten Techs' rather then "Research", but still maybe?

Johan likes this.