Spacial Folding Theories?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Waterhobit, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I like the idea of a bag of holding because it is a bag with an opening to put things in. With a ring there is no opening to put things in or pull things out of. It doesn't even try to make sense, and I hope Aleron never uses it. I would rather he get that pocket/door Hisako has when she got the star map out.

The only time I would like a ring of holding is for a singular item, like a blade or wand. But that is pushing it, and as I type this I don't like it anymore.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The only way I like rings of holding is if they held spells. I know some people would rather them hold poison or something to put up their nose.

Johan likes this.
  3. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A Ring that is designed from its creation to Hold One Specific Item might be very possible, say a Ring that Holds a Sword or Shield that gets called straight to th he hand the Ring is on, although it might be more of a Ring that Summons an Item rather then Holds it?

Mister Bill and Johan like this.
  4. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe you sacrifice an object to the ring and it can summon a temporary version of it based on charges available and damage taken? Kind of like summon weapon in skyrim but less broken

Johan likes this.
  5. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That's pretty much what I was thinking. A Summon Mana Weapon Construct (or Shields or Armour) Spell made into an Enchantment and placed onto a Ring or Bracelet would work as well.

6. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Shove a dead dude inside of the bag the next day try to rezz.

check if this works.
    if yes we can revive anyone then.

I bet if u can rezz a dude withing 1h of death. you can do the same some with a fresh body next day tooo.... if spirit does not leave ur ass in 1h. why the f should it leave after 2h.
    now u say soul can go to the bag of holding..
    but spiritstones wirh souls can?!

7. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Are you thinking if spirit does not leave ass in 1 HR also why not 1 day or 2? It has apparently got to leave at some point.

8. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It leaves immidiately. Resurrection calls it back along with a death shroud. If the person revived is too weak compared to the shroud they are pulled right back into death. If they are strong enough to expunge it from their bodies it will seek out someone else to ride back to death unless destroyed.

The more time passes the stronger the shroud. As I understood HM there is no hard limit on how long you can wait before using the root, but an hour is the practical limit. Should be a bit more rope for high leveled beings like Richter, HM, Yoshi or Randy.

9. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Nyet, or Not quite:
    It seems to stick around for a while.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    Dragon, Captain BlackJack and AndyJ like this.
  10. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ok I put that badly. It can leave immidiately but the root will in all likelyhood call it back. That's not the important part, the problem/ limitation is the shroud. The ones we've seen had to be vomited out by the resurrected, pulling out small pieces of them as well as plenty of blood.

A high-leveled shroud from say a resurrected HM - dead for 3 hours - would be practically unbeatable for anyone else, even if HM managed to expulse it on account of her relatively high willpower and constitution (with the new balanced statbuild requirement we know she has to have quite a bit of constitution).

Mister Bill likes this.
  11. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hopefully there aren't tier 2 death shrouds to go with tier two people being resurrected.

Captain BlackJack and Johan like this.
  12. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    @Johan I have expected more form you!

Let's take a look how souls work. And Resurrection and Soul storing.

Resurrection spell works on a body up to 1h from death, cause we need fresh bodies
    Resurrection mass healing Hearth mother PoP spell resurrects everyone who was dead for like a few minutes, weak spell...
    Richter PoP Resurrection works by stealing his 1 yo of life.
    Necromancers as mentioned by Sonurey assassin can resurrect too..
    Beyan can talk to the dead spirits/souls.. for some time after death.. probably depending on spirits strength& bodies condition maybe

Souls can be stored in soul stones.
    Souls can be stored in a neck-less, like Witch-doctors soul neck-less, had 3 angry spirits who ate goblins souls...
    Souls can be consumed by Staffs(Litch)
    Souls can be stored in old bones FOR 300 years or more(dead villagers)
    Souls can stay in a coin up to 30 days if they want VENGEANCE!!!(or have any reason whatsoever)
    Souls can stay for quite a while after a dude dies, when a necromancer summons them to have a little chat who loved whom and where is the family treasure burred?! and talk with that soul for Days!
    Undead creatures seem to be sometimes imbued with their old souls..
    Oh what about force-fields and stasis?! Khan egg seems to survive indefinitely in a stasis field box with its soul. now only 147 days only cause Richto likes to press buttons.

what we see is that there are multiple ways to use/store/consume/modify souls. If we talk about a simple rezz spell with the life root. It seems to need two things :
    • Fresh body/bones - body that can be easily preserved with a spacial folding magic. Speaking with the dead might just work on the bones..
    • Probably a soul(communion with the dead is not the same as Resurrection. If at all that is needed, maybe by rezzing soul its just summoned form a chaos portal/other dimension/hell/heaven). F.E. Crypt mistress battle, when Richto slayed the Deamon & has freed the real Tefonim Queen whose soul was resting in her old body for like what 8000 years?! then a portal opened to the Tefonim heaven? And her husband was waiting for her, while she chatted for some time with Richto and her 12 bodyguard souls. I bet when she died it took at least a few years if not centuries for deamons to pollute the grave. So that means her soul stayed indefinitely with her bones.
    Now the soul seems to linger near a body for an hour or many hours or centuries, we don't know, otherwise 1h Resurrection limit would not matter. If soul would leave immediately.
    If its the bodies freshness problem, becasue when you put a body in the bag of holding its state stays the same indefinitely, that means bodies undead time is stopped at t-timeOfDeath. Then spacial folding prevents body degradation and person can be rezzed at any point making time limitation irrelevant. If it even exists.
    I really don't know why somebody would assume that if a soul stone/neck-less can hold a soul but spacial folding dimension would not.
    Spacial folding creates a prison/another dimension from which you cant escape, just like a soul stone.
    And my guess is that body, and its "freshness/degradation" is like an anchor for the soul. Thus making spacial folding a perfect preservation place for the dead & soon to be resurrected weather 1h or 50 years form now.

P.S.
    Ignore Dragy, he has a limited know how, comma Johan show me whatcha got!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  13. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think there is a distinct difference between soul and spirit and Aleron and Richter is to lazy to be consistent in calling them what they should be. Lets kill this Daemon!
    There is a Daemon too?
    What?
    Is it abyssal or Daemon?
    What's the difference?

ill throw down on another thread.

14. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Exactly.

15. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What about throwing that death shroud down the well?

16. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This is BIG! I was thinking for a while about farming of the shrouds. Their usages would be for the dungeon, potions, spells...
    Our Necromancer needs a familiar, that familiar can be summoned using shrouds blood for stronger summon. Also would add dark aberration blood and parts.

Mister Bill likes this.
  17. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I assume they’d stay in the dungeon and be a nasty threat on lower floors.

18. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If Ricther made a bag of holding from a cod sack would it expand and draw up with the temperature?

Johan likes this.
  19. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter once he gets back he should make some Pouches of Holding for his Companions, also probably an Expansive Quiver for Sion and maybe for himself. Maybe a few Pouches for the more important Elders and Village Job Holders as well. It would be interesting to see if he can create a Pouch of Holding small enough for Elora and other Pixies (like Sions Pixie Bond Mate).

Mister Bill and Drasius like this.
  20. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I thought about this a while a back. he should find a very fast flying creature, like a silver wyvern, to make the quiver and enchant it so his new latent power and soul flavor skills will give the arrows held in it increased flight speed.

AND do the same thing with a bow to double up on arrow speed

Andrew Lynas and Drasius like this.