Speculations

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by LazorGoop, Mar 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm pretty certain that what he saw in the Dungeon Wasn't actually the Actual BloodStone, just a sort of representation of it.

ShoughtLoud and Mister Bill like this.
  2. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Same. I think it’s a facsimile of it while the actual object of power is elsewhere.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  3. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Indeed. Although it might be smart of it if it did actually hide itself (Dungeon Core/Item of Power/BloodStone) inside of the giant Facsimile of itself on the First Floor rather then at the most inaccessible part of the Bottom Floor where anybody that is Hunting it would go to find it, very Risky but potentially smart.

Mister Bill likes this.
  4. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m not so sure everything stays fixed in such locations.

There is no doubt in my mind that what Ricther saw was the Bloodstone.

Speaking of finding the heart of Ricthers dungeon. I don’t think it should really be that hard to find. Just as Ricther can sense chaotic forces we know blood mages can sense blood magic. Surely if they can sense the use of blood magic they could sense a powerful blood magic item as well. Seeing how the bloodstones very nature is to consume blood it seems plausible that a very powerful blood type could be used to track the stone.

Thinking about this. What’s the chance that the dungeon actually draws in blood Mages? As they will sense and feel the blood magic use growing there.

5. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What makes you so certain?

6. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not even a teensy weensy doubt?

7. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Lol @ You

Nope

Not even a shadow of doubt. At least not until someone cast light from another angle of view that can lead me to believe otherwise.

8. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think that the people who can take an item of power from a dungeon can feel where it is and what it is. Or determine it somehow.

9. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You mean someone who owns the dungeon?
    For me I think the way Aleron describe the story line out with Ricther believing he recognized the bloodstone says enough.

10. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m talking the folks who like to steal items of power. I don’t know that Richter recognized it as the item of power or just recognized it from having just fought the battle with it.

11. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There's probably an item for tracking things that are mythic or higher in a certain area OR there's a standard rule for where the item of power is in a Dungeon, like in the lowest level beneath the Dungeon Beast's lair. Actually, could it be INSIDE the Dungeon Beast since it is a requirement to defeat it for the Item to be taken?

12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I kind of like that idea. I just don’t see it being the case here for Ricther. What makes everyone think it has to be hidden in one spot? I find it very likely that the item of power has moved since Ricther first thought he recognized it. If the items of power don’t have the ability to move wouldn’t they always be stuck in the very first room the Dungeon creates? I Think if that were true everyone would only hunt that one room if they new which was the first created. Seeing how the Labyrinth itself, the dungeons node roads, and the dungeons themselves are all fluid I see it more likely that the Item of Power can move. I would think when the dungeon shifts or creates a new room it would be possible for it to move the item of power.

If dungeons item of power were placed in the dungeons guardian it wouldn’t really be hidden.

Mister Bill likes this.
  13. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Probably hidden in the same area at least initially because newborn dungeons work off of instincts.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What if in the heat of battle Alma dies and is brought back as a zombie?

Could Ricther merge with a zombie Dragonling?

Wouldn’t that be messed up! What would the effects of Ricther taking an undead dragon form be?

Mister Bill likes this.
  15. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Why does everyone assume the item of power even remains a physical thing? Randy did say recovering a item of power from a dungeon is a major endeavor, and that the harbinger has to be given the final death. That last wouldn’t be necessary if some ludicrously lucky dude breaks a patch of wall with his pick and finds the item. Now I am not saying something like that isn’t possible. Just saying that other possibilities are out there.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    Mister Bill and Andrew Lynas like this.
  16. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good point. Could be melded in the walls or something, as well.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  17. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s exactly what I have always thought. Why wouldn’t you try it by holding it up to the wall? I definitely wouldn’t try to place it in the bloodstone it’s powerful enough on its own. It would still get the benefit of the core added anywhere in the dungeon. The only real question is what would you use as a third item? I have always thought it would be best used to grow or expand the dungeon. Thinking of it now it might be better served using it for the dungeon by creating some sort of facility that could be used for the village and to grow the dungeon. It could be something besides a slaughterhouse which I have relentlessly advocated for.

I’m not sure exactly what a poisoners den is or how to make one. I do think a poisonous creatures breeding facility could be used to raise and gather poisons. A percentage of those creatures could be released into the dungeon. Meanwhile others could be used for the extraction of their poisons. Although I still believe a slaughter house would be more beneficial. Instead of a percentage of the animals feeding into the dungeon everything besides the edible carcass would feed the dungeon. The soul, blood, bone, the guts and their spirit would all feed the dungeon. Every single bit being brought into the dungeon. Even raising animal's in the dungeon on food from outside it doesn’t compare.

What type of magic core integration can you come up with that would help the village and grow the dungeon?

If a core creation was integrated into the dungeon could the core be removed without having to defeat the dungeon?

LazorGoop and Mister Bill like this.
  18. LazorGoop

LazorGoop Level 7 (Cutpurse) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think it will be a dungeon core and a builder. It's gonna be very cool regardless. It might be a team up authorship even. The Dungeon and Talos will eventually connect I think.

Mister Bill likes this.
  19. LazorGoop

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A butterfly marching band! A mutant peacock factory, a mana battery, an automated mine, a black-market, an enchanter guild hall, a jump rope factory, a silent room for assassin training, a rubber factory, a crafters hall, a hall of nodes, a spa, a tavern and brothel, a soul stealer room, ...

Not sure on the later, but if you can remove cores after they are used there are a bunch of possibilities on the table, even if you lose a bonus you can probably reset bonuses if you create a core building again...

It would be a great way to protect a core or the 4 it takes to make a Bank. ;-)

20. LazorGoop

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I still think a core library will be very cool. I'm hoping for a Dark ley line match with the artifact map element and a cool high level dark spell like Expert Reveal Hidden Quests or something cool. lol