Sumiko - how much should Richter have paid HM in exchange for her services?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Dragon, May 12, 2020.

1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He doesn't need an official building for that to happen, he could just set aside a field and let people set up their own stands - those kinds of free markets are very enjoyable, maybe throw the occasional festival (that's the medieval way, and unlike the parties children get to have fun as well. For families that is a big load off of their backs). But with less than a thousand people around there isn't that many potential buyers, especially not when Richter provides most stuff free of charge.

Once mama arrives with her caravan, the market could work. Hopefully she will do away with Richter's current economic "system" or at least force Richter to let capitalism have a place.

2. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think even the "hut" variant will require stalls and some basic roads (even if it's just dirt) to get the hut bonuses.

Honestly a longhouse that just has stalls for buying things inside of it should do the trick

3. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Now that the dungeon is physically much larger than before (it has 6 physical floors), it is obvious that it is spreading the difficulty out better than before. I suspect that as more and more rooms and chambers are added the number of monsters per room will decrease. If this is the case then the average level needed to begin farming the dungeon is lowered.

Switching to more of a free market system is definitely a good idea. Richter would need to maintain control of the core buildings, and probably establish specific rules and practices to continue the dissemination of knowledge, skills, and spells.

4. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    From what has been mentioned in last books I think (imo) that the first Five Floors should be pretty much static in layout (unless altered by DK (Dungeon Keeper)), but any Floor after that due to it gaining Dimensional Altering ability and the Emetheral Effect those Floors maybe prone to changing in layout.

5. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wonder how one gets Dungeon Logistics, I think that it is a Skill but maybe not?

6. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Why wouldn't that effect apply to the first 5 floors?

7. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think because they are created before the Dimensional Instancing effect, while it might allow some alterations and Instancing would would probably be very much less then below Lvl5, especially one the First Floor what with the Barbican being there, unless multiple versions of the Barbican now exist? If there is multiple Barbicans then maybe more people can be allowed into the Dungeon but unlikely.

8. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Item of Power, the Chaotic Bloodstone, has made the internal structure of the Dungeon ephemeral. There is a possibility of the Dungeon’s layout changing each time someone enters it.
    Kong, Aleron. The Land: Predators: A LitRPG Saga (Chaos Seeds Book 7) . Tamori Publications, LLC. Kindle Edition.

Know This! Upon reaching level 10, your Dungeon has begun to create its own dimension. It is no longer completely bound to the location it occupies. As such, occupancy of the Dungeon is now unlimited.
    Kong, Aleron. The Land: Monsters: A LitRPG Saga (Chaos Seeds Book 8) . Tamori Publications, LLC. Kindle Edition.

It is the Ephemeral nature of the dungeon that allows the layout the change randomly. This effect was in effect as soon as the dungeon was born, so it would certainly influence all floors of the dungeon, although perhaps the influence is stronger upon lower levels. The two effects gained upon reaching level 10 do not change the layout of the dungeon, other than adding additional entrances.

On another note, something just occurred to me. I had assumed the additional entrances meant that he could place entrances in the world outside of the MV in nearby settlements or within the mists, and that these entrances would all connect to the existing entrance chamber. What if instead these entrances allow other floors of the dungeon to connect to the entrance chamber to allow high level adventurers to skip directly to those levels. Although that might be somewhat superfluous as one could simply use node roads to access lower levels of the dungeon.

9. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hmm we're getting somewhere its only 2 weeks until book 8 audio.

Dungeon exploration:
    1. Full exploration of lvl 1 offing boses, really high lvl needed, summons, etc.. use mist workers as mounts lol & ride them to battle party from lvl 18-X. We only have 5 dudes vs 40 lvl 14 beasts.. heavy, fast, brutal beasts.. dudes mounting mist workers..yeah..
    2. Partial scavangeing: just pulling one beast at a time(poor mans adventuring maybe even lvl 12- 17).. until Bob the scout accidentally pulls 25 beasts vs 1.. then party dies.. its Bobs fault
    3. In between.. hisako, alma, richter, sumiko, randy.. and the chosen lucky 4 for power leveling
    4. Power party.. Richter and friends.. clear the entire dungeon.
    I Was pretty much imagining running the entire militia in a schedule, so our militia is i hope at least 100? So 20-5, still would be nice if the militia would have a teambuilding and add allies so the party could be extended.

Now the peasans.. power level them.. get them a lvl 5 in a weapon and armour.. then send them to train in the dungeon vs a beaten boar without tusks, needs some preparation and boar operation.. but worth it

Also market would yield great benefits.. for local and International trade, trade deals.. Considering we will get additional bulding level from townhall, so we could build the best we can. And market should help with taxes..

I Wonder what lvl would Ricter be without Almas brain drain?? Lvl 33 something? Can someone check at least approx?

Now lets consider the 4 orc warrior professionals.. they were like lvl 25 something..
    And 4 of them.. killed a lvl 45 worm..
    Teamwork, profession talents.. strong warrior d&d classes.. we need to hire them asap.. and few hundred others
    For the horde!!!

Well make it book will come out soon.

10. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So wanna guess whose gonna die next in the dungeon??

Yep think, write it down.. then..

I bet the bugbears wont know that a new dungeon has reached a lvl 14 in just less than a week.. "evil laughter.."
    Dungeon bonuses:
    Doubt,
    Concealment,
    Hp,
    Chipakabras..,
    We really need to sac of that shrieke venom..

11. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would like to think that Ricther or Roswan could make all entrances entrances open up in front of the barbican. Or I would like to see a barbican for every entrance which might be better in the long run. I really would like to see a river entrance. We know that dungeons will naturally grow toward things to help support their type of harbingers. There has to be some river beast lurking around that need water.

That would be awesome for Ricthers future navy. Having a dungeon river entrance guarded by a barbican. Boats could sail in with permission or they could stop and unload cargo at the barbican to be transported by the dungeon node road.

If Ricther travelled by boat through the dungeon reaching nodes would a Bodak crew still need to touch all the nodes?

Having an entrance like that would be better then a hidden or secret cove.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020