The Great $2500 LitRPG Review Bounty Begins!

Discussion in 'All Things LitRPG' started by Paul Bellow, May 13, 2018.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Okay, I'm being a bit dramatic, but I do want to spend (roughly) $2500 on LitRPG reviews for LitRPG Reads between now and the end of the year. I'll be starting slow with a few people, but I want to know who's interested. Leave a comment below or message me.

This is best for people who have already read a particular LitRPG book! I'll be paying $0.024/word. So, for a 1,000 (unique and exclusive review), you'll get $24. Any interest? Let me know one way or another. It's not the greatest rate, but if you've already read the book, why not?

I've commissioned two reviews for June already.
    • Travis Bagwell - Book 1
    • Aleron Kong - Book 1
    I do want more.

Please note, I'd like you to try to point out the positive and negatives of any book you review as a part of this project. I do NOT have a problem with you saying good things about any other author. I do NOT have a problem with you pointing out the negatives in my work either.

Will I spend a total of $2500 by the end of the year on reviews for LitRPG Reads? I sure hope so, but there's no guarantees.

[​IMG]

Viergacht likes this.
  2. Thomas Davidsmeier

Thomas Davidsmeier Level 12 (Rogue) LitRPG Author Citizen

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hey Paul,

I just finished up a bunch of LitRPG books that I was reading for research. Writing a review of each would really help me crystalize my thoughts and analysis.

I've just read:

Apollos Thorne - Underworld: Level Up or Die
    Rick Scott - Shard Warrior (actually a Book 2, how I got interested in the genre, haven't gone back for Book 1)
    Aleron Kong - Book 1, But you've already gotten this one covered

I'm still reading and would review:

Paul Bellow - Hacked (4 chapters in and interested...)
    Hugo Huesca - Dungeon Lord (2 chapters in and not sure where it's going)

I would read and review Aleron Kong's Book 2, Rick Scott's Book 1, and Thorne's new series if you wanted those for sure because I've really enjoyed the other works they wrote.

I'd also take requests for books you'd want me to read and review if they are core LitRPG that will help me understand the genre and my soon-to-be readers.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks. Give me a bit of time to get this going. You're on the list, though.

4. Chris Marchant

Chris Marchant Level 6 (Footpad) LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

85%
    xp:
    Zone:
    EU
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Read a lot, so could easily reread any that you want. My top 50 include Awaken Online, Life Reset, Camelot Overthrown, The Legfendary Builder, Realm of Arkon, Lewd Saga/Kingdoms, Greystone, Unbound Deathlord, Rules Free VRMMO, Ascend Online, Secret of the Old Ones, Dragon's Wrath, Fjorgyn, Crafter's Passion, Wayward Bard, Into the Black, Alpha World, Emerilia, The Land, Barrow King, Viridian Gate, Way of the Shaman, Dungeon Lord, Dark Dungeon, Alterworld, Dark Herbalist, Underworld- Level or Die, Mirrorworld, Glendaria Awakens, Avatar Online, Codename Freedom, Divine Dungeon, Deathcreator, The Gam3, Fayroll, Hell's Glitch, Dreamland, Halcyon Rising, Twenty Sided Die, Ancient Dreams, Dungeon Core, War Gods Mantle, Eden's Gate, Fantasy Online, Dark Paladin, Office Wars, Bathrobe Knight, Delvers LLC, Last Horizons, Feedback Loop. These are in groups of 5, and I haven't ranked within the groups. There are also a lot of others I've read, including recently Omegaverse, the crucible of immortality, endless online, you're in game, the laboratory, lewd dungeon, reincarnation of the strongest sword god, alexa drey, soulstone, critical failure, the crucible shard, stuck in the game, otherlife, the slime dungeon, the legendary builder.
    In fact, it might be easier if you pick something and ask me if I've read it. I have a few on my kindle that I will be reading soon, these include the thousand year war, ritualist, expansion: history of the galaxy, feyland, and citadel world.

PS I haven't read Hacked, I read the original first version.

5. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Do you want a free copy of the new one? A LOT better. ;)

Thanks on the list. It's helpful as I put this initiative together.

ETA: Have you done long-form reviews before? Any samples?

6. SmilingBlueWolf

SmilingBlueWolf Level 9 (Burgler) Citizen Aspiring Writer

6%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm definitely impressed...

Paul Bellow likes this.
  7. Chris Marchant

Chris Marchant Level 6 (Footpad) LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

85%
    xp:
    Zone:
    EU
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Have critiqued short stories, not done long form, but imagine it's similar. I have done a proof reading and copy editing course, as well as writing short stories. Currently working on two LitRPG novels/series, plus some novellas, and a stack of short stories. Also a few articles in progress.
    You know what they say, you want something done, ask a busy person!

I have my own Amazon author page, a Goodreads author page and my website (it's still a WIP) is www.chrismarchantwriter.com

Thanks for the offer, but I like supporting fellow authors by paying for the work they do!

Paul Bellow likes this.
  8. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well, this is something a bit different. I'm wanting unique (not published anywhere else) editorial reviews of the books.

Reviews do help authors. :)

9. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes they do.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  10. Chris Marchant

85%
    xp:
    Zone:
    EU
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Any reviews I do will be unique and not published elsewhere. I'm offering to do one, and I'm prepared to do one gratis, to show what I can do.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  11. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Also, why haven't I gotten you into the @LitRPG Author group yet? It's been an hour or so since you signed up! Haha.

I'm trying to help support readers by paying them for what they do! ;)

12. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh, awesome. Appreciated.

This is an example of a book page now (with no reader reviews)...

Lost Archive | LitRPG Reads

I'm wanting to flesh out some of the books with 1,000 unique words about the book.

Ramon's able to read through quite a bit, but I've got too much other stuff on my plate at the moment.

13. Chris Marchant

85%
    xp:
    Zone:
    EU
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    LOL, I won't object doing a review of a few books as I read them. However a couple were a bit on the not so good side, that recent high school one for example, I actually deleted that from my kindle after reading it. And that is rare for a Litrpg for me.

Also I signed up quite a while ago.

14. Chris Marchant

85%
    xp:
    Zone:
    EU
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ok, I have read that one. Thought it sounded familiar. Right need to check out a couple of reviews, will look at those tomorrow. Just tell me which books you want me to start with.

15. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't know that I like the idea of paid reviewing or not. It's a bit close to the line, for me. But I'll keep you in mind if I do end up writing more reviews of stuff - generally most LitRPG books are light fluff for me, so I read them and put them down. If I come across one that merits a CheshirePhoenix Rambling Review™, I'll let you know.

16. Windfall

Windfall Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That's like... more than what I get for writing. But I'll happily do FREE ones for books that I like that I think deserve to be mentioned, because conversation is good, and we always need more quality reviews.

CheshirePhoenix likes this.