The House with a Clock in Its Walls

Discussion in 'TV and Movies' started by Paul Bellow, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  2. Maikel Yarimizu

Maikel Yarimizu Level 10 (Filcher) LitRPG Author Citizen

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I went and saw this in the theater last October when I had a free spot in my teaching schedule.

The only option was dubbed, no subtitles, in Japanese. I still watched it. Loved it. Wished I could understand Johnathon and Mrs. Zimmerman's verbal sparring better.

3. Joshua Bender

Joshua Bender Level 7 (Cutpurse) LitRPG Author Citizen

14%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Eastern Standard Time (Est)
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yea, saw this in theater, though I am hard of hearing and that theater didn't have any hearing assistance stuff, so I couldn't quite follow everything. Still, it was a pretty interesting movie. I looked up the author of the book the movie is based upon and I wouldn't mind tracking down all the novels in the series. It seems like there are quite a few of them. Oddy enough, I think there are multiple authors that have worked on the series. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Lewis_Barnavelt_novels

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  4. Maikel Yarimizu

Maikel Yarimizu Level 10 (Filcher) LitRPG Author Citizen

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I have the original trilogy in omnibus form, plus one of the later ones (#7) in Japanese. Mr. Bellairs unfortunately left us in 1991, and a friend of his has continued the series, originally from his notes and later expanding it further.