The Land Book 9 Theories

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Commander Azure, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Commander Azure

Commander Azure Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am pretty sure there was a page for this on the other website for book 8. I guess this will be for things you want book 9 to have?

I'll start it off with one: Maybe the "God Node" that he got for one of the bonuses (Either the mythic or legendary ones, I don't remember) is connected to GOD's Eye: Awakening somehow?

Mister Bill likes this.
  2. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My main hope for book 9 is that he makes it back to the village before it’s over. Preferably about half way through.

Mister Bill, Belgared and ShoughtLoud like this.
  3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wouldn't mind that I guess. Maybe earth now has a godnode connecting the world to the labyrinth, along with a bunch of lesser nodes at the various portals?

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  4. Martire

Martire Level 6 (Footpad) Exiles Citizen

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My personal theory is that the chaos source in the cave is Heman. Who the orcs "befriended" after he revived.

5. HamsterDesTodes

HamsterDesTodes Level 7 (Cutpurse) Exiles Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    lol Martire, that's a great and awful idea at the same time.
    Great because it'd (hopefully) finish a loose thread and would give Richter a bunch of additional chaos points, awful because a) it's Heman and b) I hope for a good chaos-seed vassal. Both to make use of the vassal slots and because a second "normal" earthie would be nice to read about. I always love to read different PoVs about stuff!

Mister Bill likes this.
  6. Commander Azure

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe Heman did befriend them but the rest are also chaos seeds, and when Richter reveals Heman, they become his vassals? Maybe? Also, I'd really like to know what benefits chaos seeds get from serving chaos lords.

7. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm wondering if he can snag some percentage of XP from vassal kills or just passively, would explain how regular chaos Lords would actually find a way to level with the new XP goals

8. Commander Azure

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I also think it would be great if somehow Alma also became a Chaos Seed, and then died and respawned with Richter.

9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They have a greatly extended lifespan as tier 2. Most likely it can be extended further by focusing on constitution and developing certain skills such as lifemagic. Meaning they have plenty of time to invest into growth.

We also have a better idea off how much creatures at Richter's current level give, several thousand exp per kill. Which means they have to make several hundred kills to level once.

Finally, dungeons and the labyrinth. As well as war, lairs and countless other opportunities to gain exp.

Given those factors, I think most chaos lords could easily level once every year or two, maybe faster if they have access to a highlevel dungeon or are very dedicated warriors/ hunters/ slayers. Its not as fast as Richter's growth, no one normally grows that fast, but its enough.

10. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The ability to increase in Rank I think is away to offset the massive Experience increase in Levelling.

11. Commander Azure

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, but rank increases doesn't give chaos points, TP's, or stat points
    Or whatever other points he gets now by levelling

12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It gives the option for more vassals meaning more chaos points. There is also a vassal-liege page, so its possible he can gain even more chaospoints or a percentage of their exp gains. With reversed benefits for the vassals, likely in the form of various boosts as they serve a powerful creature.

13. Commander Azure

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I know, but for most Chaos Seeds, they won't have the TP conversion option for their specialty, meaning that they will have pretty much no way to further their Talents.
    Also, an idea I had about Xuetrix's quest:
    Let's say Richter fails. Then Xuetrix gets all of his EXP, including a massive EXP debt. Theoretically, that would put Richter at 0 exp, and therefore at level 1. But, if it doesn't reset his stats, it would just be a way to powerlevel, gain a bajillion stat, chaos, and talent points with Alma's Brain Drain.

Johan likes this.
  14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah but it probably would reset his stats or "gray them out", with an actual number below that grows as he regains the original stats. My hope is that he would be allowed to retain his tier 2 status. Which is just as unlikely.

It seems to me that you are overlooking the primary way crafters gain talent points, namely by fulfilling profession quests. Those often give as much as a rise in level, more if you have a low affinity, even with the early relatively quick to accomplish quests. A determined craftsman can earn a lot of points that way, allowing them to unlock more talents and their related profession quests. A determined proffessional would have studied up on profession quests before reaching a sufficiently high level to actually go for it, allowing them to unlock most of them, unlike Richter who stumbles blindly around searching for the conditions to trigger them.

15. Commander Azure

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    True, but I was talking about Chaos Seeds. Richter was THE first Chaos Seed in the land, and he had a total of about six months there. That is simply not enough time for any person (Excluding some sort of Time manipulator) to amass a large amount of TP's. For some other denizen of The Land who somehow became a Chaos Lord, it would not be an issue. Of course, that's assuming the retroactive requirements were unable to be met on Earth. For example, would a Blacksmith from Earth who became a Blacksmith in the land get a large amount of TP's retroactively? That's the real question.

EDIT: Though yeah, your idea about grayed out stats is much more realistic

16. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If the wand is powerful enough though, it may be worth it. Assuming xeutrix takes the debt away, Alma with the help of his war party and allies should be able to get him back up to speed quickly. The first high level beast would probably get him 10 levels right there. And if his stats are removed instead of grayed out it could be a once in a lifetime opportunity to reset his stat points exactly how he wants them.

17. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Get the stats distribution that is maximized for humans?

18. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Exactly. Even just a little rebalancing would probably help him. Strength, agi, and dex should all be even and probably right around 40. He could use a boost to endurance to fuel his cloud running and new expertise techniques as well.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  19. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He mentioned this is something to research, so it might come up when he comes back as a researchable tech, uber mench. I wonder if the distribution would change for a tier 2 human.

20. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Honestly, all he has to do is level 4 or 5 times from now and he can have any distribution he likes. 15 points per level is an insane amount compared to his current totals. He just has to have the self control to go through with it.

I really hope he doesn't reset.

Scenario 1) Loss of all accumulated experience. Full reset to level one, piece of garbage
    No skills, no expertise, no tier 2. Absolute worst way to handle a character in a story. Skill grinding would be the next 4 books. Also no bonus experience from leveling skills on the 10s that he already has because he already tried that when he died. Beyond that, leveling character level back up will be easy given his knowledge shouldn't go anywhere and alma should still be level.. Whatever shes at. Git gud 2ez. Boring, stats shake out the same mostly. Slight change to distribution.

Scenario 2) Loss of all accumulated experience. Skills reset to level 1 and Essence loop hole keeps him at 45. No change in stats. Suuuper boring. Doesn't even get to redistribute stats.

Scenario 3 (the fun-er but unlikely one) )
    reset to level 1 but keeps tier 2. (don't know how seeing as a requirement for chaos lord was level 45 but I guess just luck?) same as scenario 1 but now he'll have 2.5 times as many spendable stat points per level. Even more git gud 2ez. But skill grind.

Why don't we find a scroll in the sea of chaos that, for the cost of a butt load of mana and half a personal level, allows the user to redistribute their Stat points? Maybe a combo of all deeper magics level 25 and life and death level 45, or 1 level 45 deeper magic and level 45 life and death magic. and Then we can even add in the dilemma about throwing it in the well of offering or trying to break it down so he can perma learn it.