The Land Book 9 Theories

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Commander Azure, Feb 21, 2020.

1. ezra davis

ezra davis Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I laughed for like 30 minutes when I first read that in book 8. I was laughing because he turned Mr/ Chaos Lord into the equivalent of Berry Allen and the speed force... or... Bran the Broken... just sayin

2. S'ahelas

S'ahelas Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Something else I noticed about books seven and eight is that Ritcher comes across many items spells abilities etc that are legendary. Sorta like the phase in which he is at attracts that strata, as if he himself is legendary. I’m excited to see what will happen when he gets stronger, will the plants, abilities bonuses etc also go up to the next tier?

I also am curious if he will level his adventurer boon one more time before the week is up. There seemed to be quite a large number of creatures that got killed in the dungeon that the dungeon absorbed. An unnecessary amount, 7928, and 481 beast types, enough to meet the beast and creature requirement for the next adventurers boon. He needs four more rooms but with 10k dungeon points I don’t think that’s a problem either; he can make four more or Rowan can. What he’s missing is is the 25k dungeon points. He has 11153 generated only. He had four days left? Which is enough time to generate about a thousand more points. It may be tough to get the rest except: each settlement point converts to 10 dungeon points. A thousand settlement points could do the trick. I think it would be really cool if he at the last moment completes a quest granting settlement points and converts all to dungeon points (because he can’t get back in time, maybe, to spend them on buildings before they expire) so he does the only think he can do with them remotely, buy dungeon points. And surprisingly, ching, he gets a notification saying he leveled the mark of adventurer again.

at some point the dungeon will be able to use new magic forms like life, celestial, and void. But the requirements seem massive, not impossible, but to large to for fill fill in one lifetime. So maybe the next boon makes this easier somehow? The fifth level says “+5% Affinity for every member of your settlement in one of the Basic Elements” so maybe the sixth makes this much easier ?

Captain BlackJack and 2tymes like this.
  3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They seem pretty easy to fullfill if you have a lifetime, at least the first 4. The liferoot is 50 points, meaning it will cost them the equivalent of 20 life roots for the base powers that are part of his place of power. Doable though it might take a bit of time to find sources for anything other than lifepoints(either through trade or adventuring). Its also likely HM will demand a very, very high price for that many life roots.

2000 for the other base powers, and 20.000 life roots for the next tier up (now that one would take lifetimes if you were solely dependant on life root equivalents, but there are likely better items available in the labyrinth. ) and 200.000 for the last tier that we know of.

Unlocking powers beyond you pop should be very, very hard IMHO. You are adding to an inheritance that will support your descendants for millennia to come, a critical source of resources and training grounds. If Richter can awaken all eight base powers in his dungeon that would likely make it unmatched in the peninsula. If he also awakens a few of the higher powers (celestial for instance) he would have something every power on the planet would salivate over.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  4. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Likely not book 9, but he eventually he'll actually sit down with beyan and learn /write all the death spells he already knows that the scribes can't just talent copy (book 13?)

Captain BlackJack and Cire122 like this.
  5. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Only Masters and Adepts can teach spells directly. I'm pretty sure Beyan cannot teach Richter the spells he knows, he is not an adept yet.

The spellbooks are a workaround for what would otherwise be a very severe limitation. Similarly a level 1 skillbook would allow them to awaken magics that they lack Masters for as long as one member of the village has the skill. Problem is it would take a very long time and cost them quite a few books.

6. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He can if he sits down with Richter for the spell books. Their level would be averaged and with his faster creation time, and high level script it shouldn't take to long for these relatively low level spells. Not to awaken new death magii, just so that eventually Richter can learn then create extras on his own.

7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter has scholars for that kind of thing. With a max of eight hours to be spent on research per day they can invest at least a few hours into scribing. As it stands they do not have to cook or clean on their own, they have very little private space and all meals are communal.

8. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    None of whom are enchanters. He could have gloran do it as well but his own death magic skill increasing the mean level of death magic available and reducing the number of people involved which would decrease the mean skill level even further, he would be able to complete it faster while also increasing multiple skills at once (death, scribe and enchanting).

Johan likes this.
  9. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hopefully he levels Army of One to level 10 sometime in book 9. Currently he only has access to promotions, hopefully the initiate rank grants him access to some limited badges or something.

Johan and Andrew Lynas like this.
  10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You do not need to be an enchanter to write a spellbook, skill, or expertise book, at least I do not remember that coming up. I do remember one of the scribes who was voluntold to copy old, allmost defunct magical scrolls, demand that Richter stand beside him while he worked. So they can work with magical texts.

Edit: Seems I was wrong about needing the enchanting skill.

This part however makes me reconsider some of my earlier thoughts.

“What happens if someone without the required affinity reads the book?” Richter asked curious. “If they have less than a 50% affinity in the skill, they would not even be able to use the skill book. If they possess middling aptitude, then they would advance in the skill until their affinity reached 50%. The skill book would still be destroyed and the knowledge of the higher levels would be lost forever.” Randolphus stopped searching the chamber and looked at Richter, “Why do you ask, my lord?”

Kong, Aleron. The Land: Predators: A LitRPG Saga (Chaos Seeds Book 7) (Kindle Locations 12247-12251). Tamori Publications, LLC. Kindle Edition.

They can basically make one level one skillbook for a rare skill at a time and show it into the hands of every villager. If they can't use it, its still good to go until they find someone who can or run out of villagers and have to put it into storage. I'd start by testing everyone in the village for enchanting and/or scribe affinity.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    Captain BlackJack likes this.
  11. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Analyze should also be a big one for him to push. Cloud running too, that's a big advantage if some can use it in battle. Like when he was being stabbed and activated it to prevent the blade /whatever being pushed in farther. Wood Sprites would be especially deadly with it and their woodcraft ability

12. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wonder if his Analyze skill will level enough to allow him to check his villagers affinity. It could allow him to identify villagers with hidden potential.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  13. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm pretty sure that it can, and the Profession of it certainly can.

14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I find that unlikely. for known affinities it might tell you, but not for stuff you do not know. If it was that simple it wouldn't be a major deal for Beyan's family to get him appraised for death magic affinity, let alone them learning nothing about other affinities he might have.

15. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Unless the appraiser likes money.
    If it is analyze, then needing to get it to 45 and it being a rare skill.. As far as everything we've seen in the Land, yeah it's gonna cost ya

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  16. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Having Gloran do it is a fine idea. What else is the elf doing? it levels his enchanting and the scribe can help out I think.

17. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You are probably right in that he shouldn't be able to see rare affinities too soon. Maybe it could go something like this:

At your Apprentice rank in Analyze, you may now see the affinities of friendly and neutral targets. You may only see affinities for skills as long as they are greater than 50% and have a rarity of Common, or Uncommon. You may also see affinities for skills that you yourself posses regardless of affinity level.

At your Journeyman rank in Analyze, you may now identify affinities regardless of affinity level when analyzing friendly and neutral targets, and may now identify Unusual and Scarce affinities as well. Your ability to view skill affinities now extends to sub-skills.

At your Adept rank in Analyze, you may now identify affinities of enemies. You may now identify Rare and Epic affinities.

At your Master rank in Analyze, you now have access to a targets full and complete list of affinities.

18. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Makes sense. Perhaps a subskill of his current skill or a profession rather than a wholly independent skill only for this. :)

The full and complete list would likely be grandmaster level, where the skill caps out. Unless it goes higher. Master would be mythic affinities, and grandmaster legendary or even legendary+.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  19. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There are certainly other benefits of leveling his Analyze skill, I was just imagining the progression for the affinity identification of his skill.

Maybe the rank bonus for reaching grand master of Analyze reads something like:

Know This! You have reached Grand Master in Analyze! You know what your prize is? Nothing. Lesson: some tasks are not worth doing.

Richter cocked his head. He knew he had heard that line somewhere before, but for the life of him he couldn't remember where. Richter just sighed internally and shook his head, "Universe! Your a dick!"

20. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ok, here is a book 9 theory:

1. After reaching the village and driving off the Bugbear invasion Richter will reach a skill level allowing him to go for a combat profession.
    2. Then upon completing the Chaotic Flux quest, and receiving the associated augmentation(s) and boon, he will be informed that the reason his XP threshold to level was so high was because of the state of flux that his body, mind, and soul were in. Having accumulated greater than 3,450,000 out of 3,845,000 XP he will instantly jump to level 55 and be allowed to choose a specialty.