The orcs of chaos

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Dragon, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Michael Clack

Michael Clack Level 5 (Veteran) Exiles Citizen

17%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ok. My theory is there is a chaotic creature that Richter will recruit (tame?). It is the extra set of eyes and it will kill the orcs

That would also allow for him to gain another perk/ ability depending on the creature.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    Johan likes this.
  2. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That is a great idea. First chapter of the next book, all four orcs are taken out by a creature of the second set of eyes. I hope you are correct.

Michael Clack likes this.
  3. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You think it is more likely than a hidden (or # error) orc rogue is behind them, and Ryu is a chaos seed?

4. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So Ryu was a samurai or something street fighter.. and now he be Ork... Life is stange.
    Pretty good race to be put into..

5. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Do you refer to this quote:
    "The powers of a Chaos Lord are mighty, but their true strength comes from the creatures of Chaos they rule over. You can now collect a cadre of creatures of a nature similar to your own and grow them into a force that even dragons will fear!" Bk8

There could be kaotic creatures from the Sea of Chaos that can be brought out somehow. If he could somehow use this on the a variation of the Harbinger it would be great, keep getting different versions as he claims them.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Michael Clack and PokemonThug like this.
  6. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Chaos creatures likely refers to intelligent creatures of chaos in the land. Meaning chaos seeds.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  7. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not just Chaos Seeds but probably other Chaos beings, like that Chaos Spirit/Demon that he has a Scroll to Summon for instance.

Johan and ShoughtLoud like this.
  8. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thats a summon though. It has limited duration

9. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    But the creatures do exist. There could be other possibly sapient chaotic creatures that aren't chaos seeds lurking about. So long as the creature qualifies for a chaotic alignment no reason to limit ourselves to just earthlings

Plus with all the new mechanics maybe he can summon the spirit, then vassal it into a permanent member of his cadre so long as it plays nice with others.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  10. S'ahelas

S'ahelas Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't the the unfortunate situation with the orc was referring to the orcs that he saved, but rather the orcs who have already been killed. I think those orcs will be his ally for a bit. At least for a few days. I can't imagine him being by himself in the caves for much longer.

I do also wonder if the fifth set of eyes was a slave of some sort that escaped and was a chaos seed and was (ascending, evolving– what's the correct syntactical way to say this?) the worms into tier two for protection.

11. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Might need to do a poll for the eyes.

12. Abe fromen

Abe fromen Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My vote is that the 5th set of eyes will be a dark and/or shadow magic master that can assist Richter in learning Dark or shadow magic. This being hopefully will also be his first vassal after he completes another side quest to gain the beings loyalty. Currently Richter has 2 life masters and 1 water master to provide an education in his POP masteries, at some point I would expect him to add an air master as well.

13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Doesn't Richter already have a dark master on his payroll?

14. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think that she is an Adapt, like the Earth Mage is.
    I would like for him to have a Air Master or Adapt move to his Village so that he can purchase more Air Magic Spells from them when he is able to.
    I'd also like for a Fire Mage to move in as well, his Fire Magic is severely under represented Spell number wise.

It's unlikely that a Thought or Spirit Caster will turn up to live in the Village, but I would like for him to find at least one more Spell for those, especially a Thought Magic Spell.
    The Blood Coven would most likely be a good source of Blood Spells, although wether as possible allies to buy Spells from or as Enemies to Loot Spell Books from is unknown.
    The Vampires might be a source of Blood and Thought Magic as well, also Dark and Death, maybe even Shadow Magic? I would like for him to get a Shadow Spell from somewhere.

If he created the Fairy Mushroom Circle into a Fey Realm that that might lead to a chance to Learn Fey Magic, Glamour Spells can be very effective.

I'd also like to see him Learn some Ritual and Ward Magics, maybe some Bardic type Magic as well?

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  15. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I suspect that there is a Fifth individual lurking about in or around the Orc/Wurm Battle Cavern.

16. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    3- afro
    4. emo

17. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    3. Just tried to spell kenae, as Kynnia and a wow character came up. With the nickname "The Hordebreaker"

It could also be
    Keanu
    Or
    Kanye or Kenyia

4. Dragna- Italian Mafia boss?

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  18. Chard

Chard Level 5 (Veteran) Exiles Citizen

90%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The essence of chaos is choice. He could offer vassalage to the summoned creature. And the creature could choose to stay and be a vassal. Or choose to disappear once the summon finishes.

19. Michael Clack

17%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes. I believe it's more likely than Ryu being a chaos seed for a couple of reasons. AK likes to use real world references so name similarity is - meh. If it was PwnerBoner or something I would change my mind. Also, they were confused at the James Bond reference.

20. Michael Clack

17%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes. There are a couple of times he mentions his number of chaotic vassal slots. This may refer to CS's but I'm not sure. I am sure it can refer to chaotic beasts. It makes too much sense for it not to.
    Although.. if having a chaos seed vassal would allow him to use one of their abilities then that would be really cool.