The Shadow Trench

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In many stories (especially D&D like based stories) Vampires are often depicted As being Chaoticly Aligned/Affinitated, which if true in The Land might mean that they are more likely to be more Strongly Attracted to Chaos Seed Blood because of it.
    As an aside, if they are Chaos Creatures as well as Blood Creatures then Richter would have a slightly higher chance of getting along with them due to one of the Perk effects of the Dungeon has on him where Blood & Chaos Creatures are involved and interacting with each other.

2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The only problem with that is there wasn’t any chaos at all in the Land until Ricther released it.

I could see them liking chaos blood as much as I can disliking it. What D&D I played as a kid Vampires were always dark and evil.

Mister Bill likes this.
  3. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There was some Chaos in The Land, after all it was made up of all the different types of Magic in existence, there just wasn't very much compared to most of the other types, and what there was was mostly bound up in some way rather then free. Bound could mean in Objects like the Chaos Gem, or in Enchanted Items, in small amounts in the Blood/Flesh of Chaotic Creatures, in Spells of those few who could do Chaos Magic (apparently very, very few), ect.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  4. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don’t think there was any possibility to be chaotic. Wasn’t that listed as a new offering after Ricther released chaos? Prior to that I think everyone that wasn’t good or evil were stuck on neutral. Hisako has mentioned that Chaos was the foundation of all creation but other then that I believe it was all removed. You couldn’t even choose to be a chaotic character.

5. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    By Chaotic Creature I ment Creature/Beast/Monster/Race with some level of trace of Chaos Energy in there Genetic and Metaphysical Makeup rather then Alignment, although now it's likely that many of those creatures now have an Alignment of Chaos.

6. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I believe the wording of the prompt implied that chaos and Order were present, just not accounted for on the Stat pages.
    Lemme see, lemme see book 6...

A Truth has been revealed to the all denizens of The Land. Goodness and Evil are not the only determinants of one’s character. No longer will you be bound to a binary alignment. The consequences for societies and The Land itself will only be known in time!

Followed by

Know This! By revealing a Truth to others, you have learned more about yourself! No longer are you or other chaos seeds bound to an alignment of “0.” Your new alignment is Chaotic (2) Neutral. Know thyself to find thy power!

So, kinda ambiguous for the general public. Could go either way really, but I think people were chaotic and orderly before, it just wasn't a metric they thought about, literally ever, before the dawning of the new age.

Seems the only beings actually stuck to neutral alignments were chaos seeds, as seen in the secondary notification. Which in a world of people fighting over the good and evil scale is about as chaotic as it gets. Now that the Chaos order scale is unlocked though, that should start to change I'm thinking.

7. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Shout you are the man!

8. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don’t think there was enough chaos in the land for the Lords of Chaos to have any affect. There just wasn’t anything there. That is not until Ricther forged the pathway. Opening up a pathway seemed to create an anchor for the Lords of Chaos to work with as did all the others that followed him. That’s what I got from his forgotten memory in book seven. Even with the gods, the originals, and the exiles being separated from the Land they could still connect with the Land. Those previous beings were restricted from having a direct influence yet they could still had an influence by Proxies. The Lords of Chaos seemed to be removed one step farther.

9. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    By not enough Chaos, do you mean Chaos in general (acts of chaos, ect), or Chaos Mana in The Land, or the Chaos Energy of Chaotic Creatures/Beings in The Land?

I don't think that the Chaos Lords where more directly Removed then anyone else, just that their interactions with The Land was more limited due to both how much free Chaos Mana there was in The Land (deliberately not very much) and due to the Fact that any increase in Chaos Mana would draw rapid attention from other Powers, who would likely not be to willing in letting them get stronger anymore then letting anyone else getting stronger. Possibly even less willing.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  10. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There wasn’t enough Chaotic essence. The essence was gone.

I’m saying it was no longer there. It was removed to a point where it wasn’t even a choice.

The lords of chaos were not able to stop the harvesting of earth. Only through Ricthers own action of touching the 1st shard of chaos greatly increasing the lords power could they do something. That allowed the lords to influence not only earth but the Land Ricther calls home. Ricther asked why they had to wait for him if they were so powerful. The archetype answered they had to wait until someone released enough Chaotic essence.

I would think that similar to Ricther having all emotions removed in regards to his connections to earth the essence of chaos was removed from the land.

That is Hisako knew of Chaos but no one could be Chaotic. Nor was there any expressions of chaos in the land that we have been told of at this point. We haven’t been told of any Chaotic spells used, any Chaotic items held or anything else as far as we are aware of.

Even with Ricthers prompt after touching the Chaotic shard it stated Ricther had released chaos into the land.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  11. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think that you are mostly right, but that it wasn't that the Chaos Essence was completely Removed from The Land but that the Vast Majority of what little there was of it had been Bound or Contained in things like the Chaos Gem, and hence essentially nullifying it and stopping the Chaos Lords from working through it. What very little wasn't Bound up in some way was just enough to allow the barest minimal access to The Land for the Chaos Lords but not enough to really do anything with directly, besides which having the try to do something directly would most likely have resulted in other Powers blocking their attempts, hence them being sneaky.

Plus the Chaos Lords largely couldn't help with stopping Earthlings from being Snatched was due to both the Earthling Humans Agreeing to the possibility of it happening when they Started Playing the Land the Game and due to Earth being essentially a Mana Less World, and so largely limiting their own access to Earth, at least till Richter released the Chaos Energy/Mana Beam that went up to Space and eventually but Earth, tying it to the Labyrinth Realm and the Universe Mana Systems and forming a strong connect with the Chaos Realm.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    Captain BlackJack likes this.
  12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I thought the archetype had said that the chaos seeds spark of chaos was locked in them. So you are right there wasn’t any free chaos mana on earth either. When Ricther first touched the crystal in the game he agreed by the power of three to be teleported. His and other chaos seeds sparks then made a pathway that the Lords couldn’t close because they still didn’t have they power. With The chaos seeds spark of chaos entering the land the Lords gained a footing like anchor. Then when Ricther touched the shard he released all that is the essence of chaos into the land and earth. At that point the lords power grew in those places were the could work their powers.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  13. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter could have gifted/traded dark abberation blood with them.

Richter could have traded for blood from them. For rare blood to the dungeon. Rent the dungeon?!

Richter can trade eith them for other stuff.

Richter can hire them as merceneries.

Richter now has some super serious street cred with them after iffing the litch and evolving.

And a clan of vamps ready to kill.. oh i pity the enemies of the mists. Also they owe us some gold lol.

what else?

They do know a lot about the litch..

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Some golden items