This is NOT GameLit!

Discussion in 'All Things LitRPG' started by Paul Bellow, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Dustin Tigner

Dustin Tigner Level 12 (Rogue) LitRPG Author Citizen

14%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Utah, USA
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    BTW, for me, GameLit is a platform I wanted for the books I have planned. A good half of them are solid LitRPG, though the other half didn't fit entirely (mainly, not crunchy enough). GameLit allows me to claim a single genre for my audience and release all of my books there.

So, even though some of my books are LitRPG, I may just use GameLit instead.

I also feel that LitRPG has some baggage problems. Not that GameLit is free of this, though we don't have a father, we don't have someone trying to trademark or control the genre, the website is 100% for the community, etc. (The website will be getting a lot of changes soon).

Anyway, my point is, I like GameLit as a genre more than LitRPG given all the problems I've seen LitRPG have. I still think LitRPG is awesome, though as an author, I'd rather be in a more open and accepting genre where we can push the envelop without fear of the #NotLitRPG tag.

2. VRRanger

VRRanger Level 12 (Rogue) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

67%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Washington State, USA
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    And I suppose as far as marketing you can still post it anywhere with disclaimers. Has there been any efforts to establish Amazon category tags for these terms?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. Dustin Tigner

Dustin Tigner Level 12 (Rogue) LitRPG Author Citizen

14%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Utah, USA
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There has been a lot of requests for LitRPG to be added as a category outside of Cyberpunk, which is a common LitRPG genre. From what I've heard, Amazon considered LitRPG too small to warrant a dedicated label right now. Perhaps GameLit will be big enough, though only time will tell. We'll see. :)

Viergacht and Paul Bellow like this.
  4. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Seeing as you've read it, I'll take your word for it!