Tier 2 Beings

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by SnackBarbarian, Feb 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I had thought it was just per vassal... But I am wrong, even shows up in the last quote I posted, Hmmm. Give me a few minutes to re work the math I guess
    Also means that if he found two vassals with CAs of +3 or a +3 and a +2 he would have ranked up for free

2. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Moving to a more appropriate thread

For his CHOICE? He chose to double benefits received from his vassals (double chaos points for now possibly other rewards but we don't know for sure yet).
    I just figured he starts with two slots and won't gain any more slots by ranking up alone, which would make the 'extra vassal slot per three ranks' choice a much more valuable option.

Here is a spread sheet to see which choice (double benefits or plus 1 vassal per 3 ranks) is better.
    (Edit: 3rd time is the charm, added discount per vassal chaotic alignment as @HamsterDesTodes pointed out, which would make his overall rank up time even more laughably short across the board.)
    Chaos Lord Rank Prog Try 3.jpg
    (Edit: forgot CP per alignment per week went up at rank 2 [1->3], new sheet assumes linear progression)
    Purely from a 'getting to rank 9 as fast as possible' point of view he made the right call, with the info we have. This was made under the assumption that he would have max vassals at all times with chaotic alignments of 3. Already a tall order. The two tables on the right follow the assumption that through some other mechanic or an unexplained one he will be able to match his number of vassals to his rank number (edit: seems overpowered with @HamsterDesTodes 's correction), this would drastically decrease his rank up times. In this scenario where he will gain more and more vassals, double benefits would be better by a small margin time wise and huge margin in point generation. If he is stuck with 2 vassal slots then he dun goofed both time wise and overall generation wise.

(edit: with updated CP per Chaotic alignment per week per rank of chaos lord and the decreased cost per chaotic alignment of the vassals, I'm thinking he might be stuck at 2 vassals. If he does manage to get two, who are both at chaotic alignments of 3, then 88 54 weeks is nothing. Laughable even considering the power boost for ranking up)

Unfortunately the info we have is lacking and only applies to ranking up by purchase using chaos points, that each subsequent rank is only 500 CP more than the last (so far so right in that rank 3 will cost a thousand cps) which I think is reasonable really. 4000 base cost to reach rank 9 is a staggering amount of CPs to what we have seen so far, given the items he's capable of obtaining for just 60-80 points.

3. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I believe he will obtain another vassal slot per rank. I can feel it in my bones.

But I don't think he will get past 5 ranks before trying to ascend. Otherwise I don't see a reason the 50% rule was thrown in.
    "> 50% of ranks must be unlocked before Ascendance to a new form is possible." Bk 8
    Screenshot_20200218-100935.png

4. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe the same reason he tossed in the rule about accumulated CPs needing to be higher than 100 with a chaotic alignment of 2 or greater.
    Just seeing it on the front end this time Screenshot_20200218-103949.jpg

5. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Also if a prerequisite for being a chaos lord is to be human.. Are the people who got full race changes or half human screwed out of becoming a chaos lord?

Johan likes this.
  6. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Possible to Ascend at 50% of possible Ranks in his Tier 2 Ecvolution, but not necessarily advisable, desirable or the best option. Maybe something to be done if it's absolutely needed but probably best to wait to get as many Ranks as possible, preferably all of the possible Ranks.

7. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Probably not, or there might be slight Racial variations of the Chaos Lord Evolution.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  8. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Also to note these are rank up times that only include Chaos point generation from potential vassals. This doesn't include any CPs gained from leveling, killing chaos seeds, or finding other sources of chaos. He's gonna blow through these ranks in record time.

9. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It could be similar to the difference between level and Tier. Increasing level/rank is nice, but increasing Tier puts you on a whole new level.

In book 15 when he obtains rank 5 maybe we will see the requirements for trying to ascend again, or if it is better to keep going for the ranks.

We could make a poll about it and see who is right years from now. Will he go early tier 3 or rank out all the way.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  10. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My money is on rank out to 9 because he won't be close to the level requirement for tier three by the time he blows past rank 9

11. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We didn't really get an idea of when the Ascension is supposed to be. There could be no level requirement, and Nexus was just referring to the next time he could take the tier one test if he quit.

"Finally, if you fail your ascension, you may not attempt it again until you reach a new level, and subsequent Rites of Ascension will be more difficult." Bk8

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  12. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    True there could be no level requirement, but I bet there is. Gotta keep them checks and balances so certain chaos lordlings don't just fall on a pile of items that take them to tier 8 in 5 books. He at least has to brain drain cheat his way to level (?) first.

My guess is level 70.

Honestly though looking at that spreadsheet I made... 50% of ranks unlocked is a joke. Even if CP generation per vassal alignment doesn't continue to grow like I have in the sheet... Chaos Lords are kinda broken. There has to be something else besides ranks attained for his next Ascension.

13. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I was about to contradict myself, but no my feeling is correct.
    "Congratulations! You have advanced your Tier 2 form, Chaos Lord, from the 1st of 9 ranks, Weak, to the 2nd rank, Low. Vassal Slots: 1 �� 2"bk8

So we can see that every rank the Vassal slot will increase.

14. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Because the Imp is level 78 and still Tier 1 with 9 ranks, there is probably something else required. I know ascension is different for each species.

There are no new bonuses at Rank 2, only upgrades of the same.
    "Vassal Slots: 1 �� 2 Chaos Point Generation (CP/Chaotic alignment/week): +1 �� +3 Chaotic Spells and Abilities Bonus: +25% �� +30%" bk8

So he could tier 3 at rank 5 but could wait till rank 9
    Vassal Slots: 5 vs 9
    CP/Chaotic Alignment/Week: (could get fairly large as shown by Excel)
    Chaos Spells and Abilities: +45% vs +65%

I guess we are going to be seeing a lot of Earth personalities show up :(. But he will be cranking out those points!

15. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What is your progression bonus for CP generation for Richtær per Rank.

Generation (CP/Chaotic alignment/week): (rank 1: +1) -> (rank 2: +3) -> (Rank 3: +?)

16. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Linear progression
    • Rank 1: 1cp per vassal chaotic alignment
    • Rank 2: 3
    • Rank 3: 5
    • Rank 4: 7
    • Rank 9: 17cp per vassal chaotic alignment
    And it ends with a 7 so I figured its pretty likely.
    Unless those numbers are labels, not the same statistic. And the question marks are just showing that the slots are empty.
    Xuetrix, ashdark imp: tier two and rank 6 of 6
    Meaning Xeutrix only got a rare ranked ascension.

Johan likes this.
  17. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    For the Imp, I wasn't sure about his Rank. Fool could only get a rare rank.

For the progression, because item 4.2 below did not mention Vassals, I was thinking that Richtær was also producing CP/Alignment/Week. Looking back, I see no other indication of such a production for him. So never mind.
    1. Vassals
      1. Each Vassal you obtain will decrease this cost by 100 CPs per point of Chaotic alignment.
      2. Each Vassal will generate Chaos Points for you at the rate of 1 CP per Chaotic alignment of the Vassal per week
      3. Base bonus for obtaining a Chaotic Vassal is increased from +1 to +2 Chaos Points per number of Chaotic alignment per week
      4. advanced your Tier 2 form, Chaos Lord, from the 1st of 9 ranks, Weak, to the 2nd rank, Low.
        1. Vassal Slots: 1 �� 2
        2. Chaos Point Generation (CP/Chaotic alignment/week): +1 �� +3
      5. At Rank 1: You have 2 Vassal Slots
    Which do you think is correct: 1 vassal at rank 1 or 2 Vassals at rank 1? It would adjust the excel to one vassal less for each rank.

18. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Also there has to be some extra bonus for maxing out your rank
    Right now I think he'll be stuck at two until we see the liege page
    Start at two, not gain any for ranking up. Otherwise that extra vassal per three ranks in his CHOICE is just a shit sandwich

19. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Considering it would cap out at 4000 points, I think a 500 point increase (the equivalent of two powerful items from the sea of chaos) per level is reasonable enough. It would mean Richter has to invest more than 10.000 chaos points into gaining ranks which there is no way he will get from leveling or casual farming of chaos crystals in the dungeon. I doubt Richter will murder random chaos seeds for no reason - goes against the character -, so enemies and murderers like Heman would be his best chance of getting sufficient points.

I expect there will be a lot more chaos seeds coming out of the woodworks now.

20. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This variant, yes. Other variations could exist for other races.

Andrew Lynas likes this.