Updates from Geneva

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Mister Bill, Apr 2, 2022.

1. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    AK's fb has mention book which has started it all for him on Dec 28th
    Dec 30 meme
    Jan 5th meme about playing magic....

2. Legend-Dairy-Reader

Legend-Dairy-Reader Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My takeaway from Doc’s live earlier:

For the first time since Book 7, Doc finally provided honest transparency. This is honestly all I’ve ever asked for. We all understand that authors take breaks and have inconsistent releases, there is nothing wrong with that. It’s just been the bullshit spewing yes-man updates that were frustrating. I don’t mean to offend, I’m actually really happy for him to realize what we needed, which wasn’t pampering. I don’t mind that he took a break, I don’t mind that book 9 is only halfway done, I don’t mind him shifting priority to his third series. I just mind him telling us he’s working on something voraciously every day expecting release dates 3 months out, updated that date every 3 months when in reality he took the year off. There’s even two viable options for this: (1) Not providing updates, which there’s nothing wrong with. Or (2) providing real transparency like he did today. The one thing neither of these are, is a lie, which it’s honestly felt like what’s he’s been giving us since Book 8’s release.

I’m proud of him, I really am, it’s really hard to be real with people after first misleading them. We’re all readers and can appreciate self-growth. Hoping he continues this attitude moving forward, even if it means radio silence.

Belgared, AndyJ and Mister Bill like this.
  3. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Book 9 is only half done? Oof

What else did he say today? Is another book close to being done? And thanks for this update.

4. Legend-Dairy-Reader

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Omnimag has a complete first draft, no guidance on release timing however. He actually read the entire first chapter during the live. I didn’t listen as I’d rather just wait for release, but I know it’s tied into the same universe and includes Chaos.

AndyJ and Mister Bill like this.
  5. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks! I wouldn’t listen, either. I’d rather be surprised and enjoy the book. Hopefully it’s good.

6. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    SO when I have started listening to AK's bs I was down... I saw a man broken by addiction, dereliction, laziness and sloth... I did not expect him to even write book 9 at all att.
    He just a had a bunch of Bs (this bs that)... but considering some of his original contacts in Kindle publishing have died(Who made Him)... I could see how he would like to give back and write an imortalization story about those two kindle publishing contacts...

Still just an idea why not add those dudes as some minor characters to the land?!
    Or Gods eye?
    Entire book series for them?!.. that seems like a hardcore decision.
    thoughts?

7. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wait, what? He’s writing a whole series for someone? Is this a spoiler for the latest new series?

Legend-Dairy-Reader likes this.
  8. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yuup, not a spoiler per say

9. Legend-Dairy-Reader

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not a spoiler, the two main characters of his new series are based on his first Amazon Kindle liaison and his wife who tragically were killed by a drunk driver. He was apparently pretty close with him. It was one of the factors that led into the depression he had during COVID. The reason Doc talks so much about COVID isn’t because of the virus itself, it was a really rough time for him personally, which is why he didn’t write at all.

The issue there of course being he was doing Facebook lives telling us he was 6 months out from releasing book 9 during this time.

Drasius and Mister Bill like this.
  10. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yup. I get it, though. I don’t like admitting weakness or letting people down, either.

Legend-Dairy-Reader and Belgared like this.
  11. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    you can'T admit weakness ever. only thinG you cant do is be weak.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
  12. Legend-Dairy-Reader

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Doc just had his 4th Facebook live in since the first of the Month (nothing new, just check-in’s), so it definitely seems like he’s trying to rebuild his presence online with lives and new comic chapters via Patreon. I am optimistic regarding this, but still cautionary because he was just as active during 20/21 while not actually writing. Either way, I appreciate him taking time to communicate with us and hope that there is underlying progress being made.

PokemonThug and Mister Bill like this.
  13. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, once you burn credibility it’s hard to bring it back. Hopefully he publishes a (very good) book soon. I’ve no idea how fast he writes when motivated but hopefully we’ll find out.

14. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    we need to infiltrate a new unit into the Geneva chat to just silently await and monitor the situation

Mister Bill likes this.
  15. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Can’t be me! I ticked the wrong person off, haha.

16. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    yes we have been barred from the honey pot mr bill hehehe

I will consider maybe 1% creating a new spy acc... but not sure A.K. has been too stagnant of late he should start doing patreon chapters at the very least

Mister Bill likes this.
  17. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He’s been doing those comics so that’s something, at least. I really hope he starts doing chapters soon. That’s when we’ll know that the book will actually come out soon.

18. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Until we see chapters we don't know if he's even started. He and Geneva have been less than honest about his progress and work ethic so who knows if he's written anything besides that one chapter of OmniMage.

19. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    AFAIK she only reports what she’s told and she likely did see a couple of chapters he’d written. I think it’s mostly on Aleron.

Legend-Dairy-Reader likes this.
  20. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

He posted a video today. It's mostly just socializing, but he did say that OmniMage is almost done and book 9 is moving along.
    Also, he has no plans to let anyone else write in his world.

Mister Bill likes this.