WOOT We Have a Home Base on Goodreads!

Discussion in 'All Things LitRPG' started by Felicity Weiss, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Felicity Weiss

Felicity Weiss Musey Muse Muse Shop Owner Citizen

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Oregon
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Paul says I prodded him, but I really just poked.

Finally, at my behest, he made an online presence for us over at Goodreads. So go check it out, go take my polls and make your presence known by joining if you have a Goodreads account. You can also sign into Goodreads via your Amazon which is how I do it ^.^

I hope that we get some bleed over in the LitRPG community from there to here, and vice versa. That would be SO AWESOME. People still use this word, right? Is it uncool? Anywho, I digress.

Le Goodreads LitRPG Forum link: Click

Still on the quest to get D.Wolfin to notice me,
    Felicity

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  2. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So the twitter dealer is branching out into new formats is she...... Where is your Facebook Felicity?

Eden Redd and Paul Bellow like this.
  3. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    [​IMG]

The GoodReads will grow fast. Good luck (no pun? @James G Patton?) out there in the wilds as you pilot your own starship.

[​IMG]

Eden Redd likes this.
  4. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The first tweet is always free and so convenient there on the phone.

[​IMG]

5. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That is exactly what she told me too.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  6. James G Patton

James G Patton Horrific Pun Master LitRPG Author Citizen

81%
    xp:
    Zone:
    CST
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sorry, saving my puns for finishing my second book. I think I decided tentatively I will release on August 1st. I might throw it up on pre order, but not sure if I can do that without a finalized manuscript, I haven't used that function before. Anyway, between that and holidays I am very busy haha. I hope that by the end of next weekend I can get some beta readers to help finalize the rest of it and hit my August 1st release.

I do have a few more scenes to add that I forgot, but the good thing is they are all in the office crawl.

I joined your GoodReads group.

-Gabe

Felicity Weiss and Paul Bellow like this.
  7. DJ Schinhofen

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A pre-order of 2 weeks did well for me. Put up the most completed manuscript you have at the time. You have to have the finalized one uploaded 4 days before the launch date, otherwise bad things happen.

James G Patton likes this.
  8. Felicity Weiss

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Oregon
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There will NEVER be a Facebook for me. Why do I have the sinking feeling I started a war when I engaged with you? Have mercy on this poor little Twitter addict. <3

Yay! Thank you! I sent you a friend request. Also, @Eden Redd joined, making the group a whole. lot. hotter.

Thus far, I am the only member actively posting, but the LitRPG group on Goodreads is small in general so I don't expect there to be a bevy of activity. At least, until an author decides to announce the release of his/her book which makes up the majority of content in the OG Goodreads LitRPG group.

I do hope the place grows organically as the genre expands to include a broader readership, and eventually, someone other than me will make a post. It can only get better from there!

I've spotted one person from Goodreads registering here, so that's pretty exciting in itself. *waves shyly @3DCat *

9. Apollos

Apollos Level 7 (Cutpurse) LitRPG Author Citizen

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Having a presence on goodreads is probably the most important place to try and make sure we have a presence. Since its likely goodread reviews and amazon reviews will merge sometime in the future, the bigger our presence the better.

You will see me more active over there soon Felicity. My first book is coming out next week, so Ive been trying to figure out what I'm doing.

10. Felicity Weiss

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Oregon
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Awesome blossom! I completely agree with your foretelling, the marriage between Amazon and Goodreads bodes well especially for authors. Currently, you can rack up reviews over at Goodreads BEFORE you've published your novel with the distribution of ARC's.

I've seen authors ask their readers (usually via their newsletter or maybe in their ARC correspondance) as the book hits launch to have their reviews copy n pasted from Goodreads over to Amazon and voila, insta-newbooklove.

Apollos and Paul Bellow like this.
  11. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I got approved as an author today, so I added the LitRPG Reads blog.

In author circles (ones I've been in), GoodReads reviews are thought to be extremely harsh. Heh.

Good stuff, though. Grow, grow, grow...

[​IMG]

Apollos likes this.
  12. Felicity Weiss

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Oregon
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Eh, we can't all be Michael-Scott Earles and Aleron Kongs with their glowing ratings. But we can aspire ; ) Hope springs eternal in the human breast, and all that!

Eden Redd and Paul Bellow like this.
  13. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm working on improving my craft / storytelling skills. It'll pay off.

Felicity Weiss, Eden Redd and Apollos like this.
  14. James G Patton

James G Patton Horrific Pun Master LitRPG Author Citizen

81%
    xp:
    Zone:
    CST
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks for that bit of info bud. I'll put something up in the next few days. I already set a date for my five day free book promo for book 1, which starts uh five days before Aug 1st, well including August 1st (so four days before I guess? haha).

Saw your interview by the way, good stuff. Feel the same way about a lot of things. I make a pretty good living with my day job so I am not in a hurry to promote everything, but it is nice getting good reviews, even good reviews that... aren't so good? I mean I get 5 stars but then the comment makes me feel like its a two star, so no idea haha. Pretty sure its mostly in my head, but I get where you are coming from. And yes I watched all of it, so virtual high five haha.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  15. DJ Schinhofen

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah but a five star with 2 star comments I will still take over a 2 star with five star comments. Looking forward to the next office wars. ::Virtual High-Five::
    Oh and @Felicity Weiss , you did and I shall not relent. I shall hound you over it like you did me and twitter. MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Err actually not, because I'm not a stalker type, but I will keep throwing it out there at times.

16. Crowbaits

Crowbaits Level 9 (Burgler) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    England - not New - the old one across the pond
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I joined,............ I used one of my other names though.
    So you probably won't know it's me.
    It's a tough world, innit!

17. 3DCat

3DCat Level 3 (Apprentice) Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    (=゚ω゚)ノ Heyo!

Id been looking at another forum to hang around so I was glad to see a forum related to the group.

Not sure how active I will be on goodreads though, I generally just use it to keep track of what I've read (and even then I'm so far behind on keeping it updated its not even funny..)

18. Felicity Weiss

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Oregon
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Lol, I put a call to action post for helping build the groups LitRPG shelf, and there are all sorts of books showing up that I am unfamiliar with. They could be sci-fi, fantasy, and possibly not LitRPG. However, I'm not here to be the LitRPG police, so I am just gonna let it lie unless like ... Alpha Werewolf Billionaires start muscling in.

Oooh, which one are you? Do tell *leans in*

He's evolving! Can I get a hunter to aim a tranq shot at this guy? Before it's too late for us all! <3

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    Paul Bellow and Seagrim like this.
  19. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Alpha Werewolf Billionaires: Online

Hmmmmm

Paul Bellow likes this.
  20. Felicity Weiss